Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyTaxi 50% off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm going to risk this for a 5am pickup, but anyone know of any taxi companies that are OPEN at 5am that I can call just in case there's a no-show? :)

North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm going to risk this for a 5am pickup, but anyone know of any taxi companies that are OPEN at 5am that I can call just in case there's a no-show? :)

North Dublin.

8202020 or 7072525

8202020 or 7072525

which companies are those?

EDIT: ah I see one is 820 cabs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

shardylan wrote: »
    Had same experience last week . Booked family a taxi for 5.30am to take to airport .Woke up at 8am to find that I’d 6 missed Calls at 5.50 am (guessing from taxi ) .Spoke to my cousin who said taxi never showed but luckily a neighbour who’s a taxi driver was heading out and brought them instead .They could have missed their flight otherwise . Never booking mytaxi again
    That's like saying I'm never using eBay again.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

vandriver wrote: »
    That's like saying I'm never using eBay again.

No it’s being truthful & I’ll simply use a local taxi firm that I know has the drivers to cover the booking unlike mytaxi.This isn’t the first time this has happened but when it’s for something like an early flight they need to be dependable

• Advertisement

No it’s being truthful & I’ll simply use a local taxi firm that I know has the drivers to cover the booking unlike mytaxi.This isn’t the first time this has happened but when it’s for something like an early flight they need to be dependable
    You've entirely missed my point.

You've entirely missed my point.

What that all taxi drivers use this app as well as work for companies ? I actually know this but when you book through a local company they are more inclined to want the customer to return and will actually book you a car because they know they have available drivers unlike my taxi who can’t be certain of any drivers being in the area when you need them so no I didn’t miss your point at all
    Oh and I worked in a taxi office so I actually know what I’m talking about

What that all taxi drivers use this app as well as work for companies ? I actually know this but when you book through a local company they are more inclined to want the customer to return and will actually book you a car because they know they have available drivers unlike my taxi who can’t be certain of any drivers being in the area when you need them so no I didn’t miss your point at all
    Oh and I worked in a taxi office so I actually know what I’m talking about
    MyTaxi have 11,500 independent contractors signed up to the platform.
    A taxi company will take any booking,then try and find a driver.They will never have the quantity and geographical coverage that mytaxi does.
    A driver must activate a booking 20 minutes before the pickup or it's taken off him and put back in the pot.Your phone number isn't visible until the job is activated.If you got phone calls 20 minutes after the pick up time,it could be that the driver couldn't find the address or the location pin wasn't accurate. Unfortunately,the phone number isn't much use if it's not being answered.

MyTaxi have 11,500 independent contractors signed up to the platform.
    A taxi company will take any booking,then try and find a driver.They will never have the quantity and geographical coverage that mytaxi does.
    A driver must activate a booking 20 minutes before the pickup or it's taken off him and put back in the pot.Your phone number isn't visible until the job is activated.If you got phone calls 20 minutes after the pick up time,it could be that the driver couldn't find the address or the location pin wasn't accurate. Unfortunately,the phone number isn't much use if it's not being answered.

You book a time for a certain reason & if the first phone call is 20 mins after the time then it’s not exactly on time is it
    Also I know mytaxi send out the jobs 15-20 mins before the time booked and a driver will click to accept which they obviously don’t have the drivers or not enough who work those hours to be able to cover so shouldn’t really accept the bookings if they know this might be the case
    A local taxi company will know who’s going to be working as they have regular drivers and will know if they can accept the booking or not .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You book a time for a certain reason & if the first phone call is 20 mins after the time then it’s not exactly on time is it
    Also I know mytaxi send out the jobs 15-20 mins before the time booked and a driver will click to accept which they obviously don’t have the drivers or not enough who work those hours to be able to cover so shouldn’t really accept the bookings if they know this might be the case
    A local taxi company will know who’s going to be working as they have regular drivers and will know if they can accept the booking or not .

Mytaxi allows drivers to accept prebooked jobs the night before. So I'm sceptical as to your stated knowledge of how the system works.

• Advertisement

Mytaxi allows drivers to accept prebooked jobs the night before. So I'm sceptical as to your stated knowledge of how the system works.

Anyway I don’t need to prove anything to you so up to you what you believe
    Also aside from having worked in a taxi office I’m married to a taxi driver 🀨

Are MyTaxi generally cheaper than ordering a standard cab? Getting quotes circa €28 for a 15 min trip to the airport when I asked a few established companies. Maybe that's the norm nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Are MyTaxi generally cheaper than ordering a standard cab? Getting quotes circa €28 for a 15 min trip to the airport when I asked a few established companies. Maybe that's the norm nowadays.

My place (Huntstown) is 15mins from AP. Never got a taxi for less than €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Same price - it's on a meter.

From where?15 minutes on the M50 would be a lot more than 15 minutes up from Santry.

Advertisement