Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyTaxi 50% off

Options
  • 04-04-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

Code - av4mp35xf

Used today for flat 50% off valid till 29th april...

Njoyy

Expired....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Code is not valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

''Unfortunately this code has reached it's redemption limit"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Looks like all used up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This is what i had in the app..i am not a new user

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Those are unique codes, so can only be used once or maybe linked to your account, I sometimes get emails with similar codes that I forward to a friend, I think i get them as I never really use the app, maybe once a year.

EDIT: Looks like they will change their name Free Now later on the year, as on their website.

• Advertisement

FREE NOW

not so sure about that naming. maybe it works better in German or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

quick one... how are MyTaxi when it comes to pre-booking a taxi for the airport?

I've only ever used MyTaxi in the past when I needed to order a taxi in the next hour, but I've a horrible 7am flight I need to sort a taxi for 5am to pick me up and I couldn't risk there not being a MyTaxi in the vicinity at the time.

So I'd need to sort the taxi the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

mrcheez wrote: »
    quick one... how are MyTaxi when it comes to pre-booking a taxi for the airport?

I've only ever used MyTaxi in the past when I needed to order a taxi in the next hour, but I've a horrible 7am flight I need to sort a taxi for 5am to pick me up and I couldn't risk there not being a MyTaxi in the vicinity at the time.

xpert cabs never let me down for airport pick ups.

AhhHere wrote: »
    xpert cabs never let me down for airport pick ups.

so it's not the sort of arrangement MyTaxi can be used for is that right?

I recall trying to get a MyTaxi for a previous airport trip about 3 years ago and there were none in the area at the time (early morning flight again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I recall trying to get a MyTaxi for a previous airport trip about 3 years ago and there were none in the area at the time (early morning flight again)

Honestly for the airport I'd never use mytaxi, too much of a risk there'll be no driver when they put the job up.

I always use National Radio Cabs, no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Depends on when you're living. If you live in Swords then you might not get confirmation of a pick-up until late in the morning. However, if you were a decent distance away, then you could be assured of being pick-up(more valuable for the driver).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Honestly for the airport I'd never use mytaxi, too much of a risk there'll be no driver when they put the job up.

I always use National Radio Cabs, no issues

Mytaxi have 11000 drivers.There is no risk of there not being a driver at 5 a.m.

vandriver wrote: »
    Mytaxi have 11000 drivers.There is no risk of there not being a driver at 5 a.m.

There were none when I tried about 2 years ago... almost missed my flight, and this is just in north Dublin suburbs so not exactly miles away.

I was just checking here if anything had changed since then to allow pre-booking.

There were none when I tried about 2 years ago... almost missed my flight, and this is just in north Dublin suburbs so not exactly miles away.

I was just checking here if anything had changed since then to allow pre-booking.
    Of course there is prebooking.
    Disclosure:taxi driver for mytaxi

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

Of course there is prebooking.
    Disclosure:taxi driver for mytaxi

MyTaxi pre-booking is notoriously unreliable since that's not what it is.

When they say pre-book what they mean is that the system will attempt to request a taxi for you around the time you schedule the pickup for - these 2 things couldn't be less the same.

It's a dreadfully unreliable service to the extent that I've never successfully used it in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

Pre-booking works fine with this App for early morning airport runs.
    Well has done for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I used it yesterday for an airport pick up with a 50% off code. No hassle and saved me 20 quid

MyTaxi pre-booking is notoriously unreliable since that's not what it is.

When they say pre-book what they mean is that the system will attempt to request a taxi for you around the time you schedule the pickup for - these 2 things couldn't be less the same.

It's a dreadfully unreliable service to the extent that I've never successfully used it in Dublin.
    Wrong.When you prebook a taxi,it goes on a list straight away that all the drivers have access to.I can guarantee from personal experience that an airport job lasts about 2-3 seconds on the screen before a driver claims it.
    MyTaxi completed 16 million journeys in 2018 so you must be spectaculary unlucky(or work for another cab company)

I've used mytaxi prebooking for similar early morning runs several times and never had any issues

i even had a driver cancel short. notice on me once and someone else picked up straight away

tbh mytaxi is gone totally useless for getting picked up in town, prebooked or picking me up from the house are the only times id ever think to use it anymore.

Wrong.When you prebook a taxi,it goes on a list straight away that all the drivers have access to.I can guarantee from personal experience that an airport job lasts about 2-3 seconds on the screen before a driver claims it.
    MyTaxi completed 16 million journeys in 2018 so you must be spectaculary unlucky(or work for another cab company)

A few rounds of standing at the end of a long taxi queue at Heuston when the pre-book is apparently unavailable having been "confirmed" has made me unreasonably pessimistic.....

As a driver can you cancel a prebook at short notice without penalty if it suits you?

• Advertisement

A few rounds of standing at the end of a long taxi queue at Heuston when the pre-book is apparently unavailable having been "confirmed" has made me unreasonably pessimistic.....

As a driver can you cancel a prebook at short notice without penalty if it suits you?
    No again.
    We are asked to activate the pre book 20 minutes before the job starts.
    Failure to do a pre selected booking sees you automatically barred from the prebooking screen for about 2 days.

No again.
    We are asked to activate the pre book 20 minutes before the job starts.
    Failure to do a pre selected booking sees you automatically barred from the prebooking screen for about 2 days.

I'm clearly the unluckiest customer of MyTaxi there ever was. It's surprising really that you're the first person who has ever contradicted my dim view of the firm. Perhaps it's to do with the service in the city as an earlier poster noted.

How I miss Hailo....

I'm clearly the unluckiest customer of MyTaxi there ever was. It's surprising really that you're the first person who has ever contradicted my dim view of the firm. Perhaps it's to do with the service in the city as an earlier poster noted.

How I miss Hailo....
    And just to clarify,I also use mytaxi as a customer, flawlessly.
    You really must be unlucky (or only use taxis at the peak busiest times of the year?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Pre booked mytaxi from castleknock to go to Heuston.
    While getting ready the phone beeps to tell me there’s no taxis in the area. I missed my train that morning. Mytaxi is a joke. The pre book feature is totally unreliable unless they’ve changed it this year.
    Not surprised at the brand change either. Bring back hailo. The mapping integration worked far better much nicer app to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I often travel to the airport at 4.30am. I always pre-book using MyTaxi and I’ve never had a single issue. IMO it works well.

On the other hand, the service can be poor when you’re hailing live. Swings and roundabouts.

I guess it won't make much of a difference to me as my flight is after 29 April, unless these 50% off vouchers come around again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

is there still a €2 booking fee?

is there still a €2 booking fee?
    There is a €2 pick up charge for all pre-booked taxi fares,whether it's an app ,a phone booking etc.
    It's not a mytaxi charge,it's an official charge mandated by the NTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, have an early flight this Friday and wanted to use this 50% off voucher. Tried to prebook today but it says "chosen payment method is unavailable right now, please select cash" As per T&C's, you can't use cash, only a card to avail of the discount. So how am I supposed to avail of it now?

Is this more a matter of booking "too early"? If I book it a few hours before I want to take the taxi, will the card option be ok (and thus the 50% off of the fare)? Help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Pre booked mytaxi from castleknock to go to Heuston.
    While getting ready the phone beeps to tell me there’s no taxis in the area. I missed my train that morning. Mytaxi is a joke. The pre book feature is totally unreliable unless they’ve changed it this year.
    Not surprised at the brand change either. Bring back hailo. The mapping integration worked far better much nicer app to use.
    Had same experience last week . Booked family a taxi for 5.30am to take to airport .Woke up at 8am to find that I’d 6 missed Calls at 5.50 am (guessing from taxi ) .Spoke to my cousin who said taxi never showed but luckily a neighbour who’s a taxi driver was heading out and brought them instead .They could have missed their flight otherwise . Never booking mytaxi again

Advertisement