Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Dnxncofiruwvx

BNB and it’s ecosystem are absolutely flying :o Threw some money into BAKE less than two days ago (after it was already up 60% on the day) and now it’s done a 5x since then. Unbelievable, less than 48 hours later. Cashed out half and I’ll leave the other half go wherever it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

BNB and it’s ecosystem are absolutely flying :o Threw some money into BAKE less than two days ago (after it was already up 60% on the day) and now it’s done a 5x since then. Unbelievable, less than 48 hours later. Cashed out half and I’ll leave the other half go wherever it goes.

Jaysus, it went over 100x in 30 days! Congrats on your gains.

The current market is making me feel greedy and risk-prone which is always a terrible sign. I've been counteracting the greed cautiously by settling for lowly 2x-5x gains. Maybe I'm playing this market wrong but it all feels like it could be pushed down fast at any second by a simple tweet about Tether from NY's Attorney General.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Not every exchange stopped the buyers. Robinhood et al who did stop the buying should have stopped the selling. By dropping the buy side volume there was an increase in the buyer/seller ratio, hence the price started to dump.

I've covered it a few times, but even in the unlikely scenario where Robinhood (and other retail brokerages that send trades to Citadel) somehow halted 'buys' only, it was not the cause of the price 'dumping'. Retail traders were net sellers in the week leading up to the period of restricted trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Fml I had 100 bnb I sold for $5 a pop way back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davidbeckham32

what do the experts here think the price of Ethereum will be in 5 years time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,981 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No expert would express an opinion.

cnocbui wrote: »
    No expert would express an opinion.

fair enough, should have bought them when they were 50 each

fair enough, should have bought them when they were 50 each

Need to be selling now not buying. Buy when you start seeing johnyflash and pintman spamming these threads

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Neither excited nor worried anymore tbh.

Ideally I'd like to see a %60 gain from here on my altcoin total in the short-term (sounds preposterous really but they've all minimumed 4x quick enough to get to here :eek:) and I'll bank half and leave the rest.

If it's a drop, I'll give it %30 before selling.

But I have no idea how any of this is working really or what I'm doing outside of trusting certain people's views so vassilate between thinking 'you've been very lucky, bank and move on' and 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth'. Maybe the whole thing is ridiculous or maybe this is how most of finance works and it's just been a walled garden. Again no clue really. BTC cap bigger than the GDP of Netherlands now apparently. But derivatives market bigger than...?

Wonder what would be different if no COVID, makes it harder to guage as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Got bit late to the party bough ETH at 1200$ mark and like many others sold bitcoin years ago when, had 12 at one point. Would have netted me 500k now. Ah well.

I hope there is another massive drop like 2018 so I can get back into it but the way its going at the moment it is just up, up and up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Sweet $TFUEL, I love you

Any love out there for this little beauty?

KilOit wrote: »
    Need to be selling now not buying. Buy when you start seeing johnyflash and pintman spamming these threads

any of the smaller ones that are really cheap worth buying??

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

KilOit wrote: »
    Why?

any of the smaller ones that are really cheap worth buying??

have a look at VTHO, its the gas for VET

pumped recently and is retracing but when it goes it goes

ATH is $0.046 so has about an 8x to get to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Sweet $TFUEL, I love you

Any love out there for this little beauty?

Yes don't have much but it's a big jump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Mellor wrote: »
    I think you are misunderstanding there.
    You buy 50k of crypto or any investment. You could lose your entire 50k, obviously. Everyone should know that. Only invest what you can lose.

But GME and similar feature leveraged margin calls. You invest 50K in margin calls. You could end up losing (and therefore owing) far more than your investment.
    The 50k deposit that you can afford to lose turns into a debt of $250k and you lose your house.
    People are idiots and need some level of protection from that.

My point was that these very comments are the reason people lost money, they served nothing more than to put fear in the market. I would assume most novice investors would be in long positions where it's unlikely they would lose everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Trillion dollar market cap for Bitcoin achieved. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,333 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ETH on the way to 2k

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

No experts in crypto, just the lucky and/or patient

bfa1509 wrote: »
    My point was that these very comments are the reason people lost money, they served nothing more than to put fear in the market. I would assume most novice investors would be in long positions where it's unlikely they would lose everything.

I'm struggling to follow the line of thought?

Are you saying the novice investors weren't leveraged (many were) and that they were spooked "by heads of different banks or investment watchdogs" giving a warning in a very public pump and dump, that money could be lost? Which is exactly what happened.

• Advertisement

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Why?
    Market is stupid and in bubble territory, doesn't make sense, Defi pumping like crazy past few weeks then 100% centralized coin pumps to stupid levels, 50 billion attached to 1 guy that a tweet from China about banning would cause a massive collapse.
    Might go up more but a lot of risk imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anybody else use Binance ?

I just logged in and I dont see any of my shares, looks like maybe somebody has taken them, how I do not know. Cant see any transactions, do dont actually know what is going on. .. I am glad I have most of my investments on revolut and not much exposue, but is there a contact number for Binance ? Has anybody else had an issue like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cleaning up a few wallets, going back through my old yahoo email addresses to see if there was anything I'd forgotten, even the BTC dregs left over from buying herbs in college came to nearly 2 grand I didn't know I had, it's crazy. I could have been a fecking millionaire. Just have to hold and hope ETH gets to 10K now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Drumpot wrote: »

I just logged in and I dont see any of my shares, looks like maybe somebody has taken them, how I do not know. Cant see any transactions, do dont actually know what is going on. .. I am glad I have most of my investments on revolut and not much exposue, but is there a contact number for Binance ? Has anybody else had an issue like this?
    Could just be a temporary glitch, I've had Coinbase show me a zero balance before when things were busy.

I can't even login, 'Network Issues' so I'd assume all is safe.

Got in and I see the same issue, looks like it's just struggling at the moment.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    No experts in crypto

:rolleyes:

I heard similar, they had an app update aswell but I'd say its the usual $hite when things are pumping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

donnaille wrote: »
    I'm struggling to follow the line of thought?

Are you saying the novice investors weren't leveraged (many were) and that they were spooked "by heads of different banks or investment watchdogs" giving a warning in a very public pump and dump, that money could be lost? Which is exactly what happened.

In bitcoin? There is no clear sign yet that this is a pump and dump.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/bitcoin-investors-should-be-prepared-to-lose-all-their-money-1.4471073

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/11/bitcoin-be-prepared-to-lose-all-your-money-fca-warns-consumers-risk-productis-cryptoassets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

I'm familiar with Bitcoin and bought as much as I could afford just before Christmas. At the current price I don't see the value of dropping in another 1000k. Do people think adding an Ethereum Coin to my portfolio for a 5year investment is a good idea? I know nothing about alts except that they tend to be risky. I'm no trader so I would just be hodling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement