Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pawinho wrote: »
    Or last run was good time to exit

nahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭bassy

Hey guys I'm very new to Bitcoin etc so I'm not sure how it fully works,I signed up but didn't deposit any money.

Think the least you can deposit is 200 euros,my question is would I make money on this or lose it??.

Also I see you cannot deposit bitcoins to your bank account,you have to sell them in order to get cash in to your bank account.

Is Bitcoin era a scam ??.

Any advice for a newbie would be great,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

bassy wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm very new to Bitcoin etc so I'm not sure how it fully works,I signed up but didn't deposit any money. Think the least you can deposit is 200 euros,
    Signed up where/with whom?
    Yes.
    And my question is would I make money on this or lose it??.. . .any advice for a newbie would be great,thanks.
    I'd suggest that you get to know what you're proposing to buy a bit better before you even consider delving in. There are plenty of resources here to get you up to speed.
    If you're of a mind to speculate on bitcoin, then don't put in any more than you're prepared to lose. That said, I wouldn't suggest you buy into it at all if you don't fundamentally reach the conclusion that there's upside potential in what you're speculating on (ergo...that bitcoin is early in its development but the speculation is that its potential is going to be realised). Don't take the word of anyone here that it will or it won't - do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

Hey guys I'm very new to Bitcoin etc so I'm not sure how it fully works,I signed up but didn't deposit any money.

Think the least you can deposit is 200 euros,my question is would I make money on this or lose it??.

Also I see you cannot deposit bitcoins to your bank account,you have to sell them in order to get cash in to your bank account.

Any advice for a newbie would be great,thanks.

Learn about money. What money is. Do not believe you will be rich in few months. Bitcoin is not a scam. Do not send your BTC to anyone who promise send you back more BTC. Use some most popular exchange to buy BTC....coinbase?

Learn about it and don't put all your money in it, just learn how to store your btc.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Pawinho wrote: »
    Learn about money. What money is. Do not believe you will be rich in few months. Bitcoin is not a scam. Do not send your BTC to anyone who promise send you back more BTC. Use some most popular exchange to buy BTC....coinbase?

Learn about it and don't put all your money in it, just learn how to store your btc.

I'd add Ethereum to the list of potential buys. Possibly more upside to it than Bitcoin. If possible, hold a bit of both.

• Advertisement

Cyclonius wrote: »
    I'd add Ethereum to the list of potential buys. Possibly more upside to it than Bitcoin. If possible, hold a bit of both.

and Chainlink and ..............

Had a phone call this morning from one of the people it was a woman and seemed very pushy in to getting me to deposit 200 euros I said I wasn't comfortable would have to think more about it,and she says why do you not want to make money lol.shecwas like it's only 200 euros.seems very odd a person would come across like that on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Had a phone call this morning from one of the people it was a woman and seemed very pushy in to getting me to deposit 200 euros I said I wasn't comfortable would have to think more about it,and she says why do you not want to make money lol.shecwas like it's only 200 euros.seems very odd a person would come across like that on the phone.

Haha what, called from where? What did you sign up to?

To buy Bitcoin you don't need to talk to anyone on the phone, that was definitely some kind of scam. You just use an exchange like Kraken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yeah seriously that's very dodgy

thats bizarre, f that just sign up to an exchange like kraken

• Advertisement

She was or says she's a senior vice manager from invcentor.com

Here's her first email

Hello,

It's Alice White, the Senior Account Manager responsible for your case.
    I was left with the impression that you are ready to make a step towards a decision and have a source of income, however you didn't answer our further attempts to reach you.

Has anything changed along the way?
    Let me know your intentions towards your automatic trading account in a reply to this email.

Good day.

--
    Best Regards,

Alice White
    Senior Account Manager

Her 2nd email

Hey,
    I am going to show you a way to transfer the profit into your own bank account directly in your currency, it's not a problem.

Also, there is a risk, but we are all working as hard as possible to prevent it, this is why the system can be paused and played when we see there is a potential loss.

Let me know when we can hear from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Here's her first email

Hello,

I was left with the impression that you are ready to make a step towards a decision and have a source of income, however you didn't answer our further attempts to reach you.

Let me know your intentions towards your automatic trading account in a reply to this email.

Good day.

--
    Best Regards,

Alice White
    Senior Account Manager

Her 2nd email

Hey,
    I am going to show you a way to transfer the profit into your own bank account directly in your currency, it's not a problem.

Also, there is a risk, but we are all working as hard as possible to prevent it, this is why the system can be paused and played when we see there is a potential loss.

Seriously, you've been on this site since 2004, and you're questioning whether this sounds legit?

Hence why I wouldn't give her time on the phone,she was straight to the gun looking for card details lol.

Rang me twice today.

But it was only from registering on the site that she got my number,but ye some scam.

Ben Done wrote: »
    Seriously, you've been on this site since 2004, and you're questioning whether this sounds legit?

I'm not questioning it as I know it's a scammer,I just posted the emails she sent so you could see for yourself was all.

Obviously the site is a scam......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What site

What site

https://bitcoins-era.net/app/sign-in

That's the site I registered on last nite and today had emails and 2 phone calls from a woman looking for me to deposit 200 euro to get the ball rolling lol.]

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Here's her first email

Hello,

Good day.

--
    Best Regards,

Alice White
    Senior Account Manager

Her 2nd email

Hey,

First result from Google search
    https://scambroker.com/invcenter/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

Bitcoin Wallet accessed for the first time since 2009. This is spooking the market seemingly but the price is holding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ChuckieEgg wrote: »
    Bitcoin Wallet accessed for the first time since 2009. This is spooking the market seemingly but the price is holding up.

That must be some wallet you have there.

https://bitcoins-era.net/app/sign-in

That's the site I registered on last nite and today had emails and 2 phone calls from a woman looking for me to deposit 200 euro to get the ball rolling lol.]

where did you come across this site or was it recommended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Anyone expecting a Tether print today?

Anyone expecting a Tether print today?

to buy some Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

FFVII wrote: »

To make it more interesting, it looks like the 50 BTC which were moved are part of the ones Craig Wright claimed to control: https://cointelegraph.com/news/did-satoshi-just-move-craig-wrights-bitcoins

Afaik he said in court he didn’t own that wallet address

Get off the pot Craig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Afaik he said in court he didn’t own that wallet address

Get off the pot Craig

Yes fair point as in I am incorrect saying he claimed to control them. However I believe he did claim ownership of that address (I.e. he said the coins belong to him but he has lost access to their private keys).

Kind of puts him in a difficult situation now: either he says he did move the coins meaning he lied about having lost access to the keys, or he says it is not him who moved them and then it means he lied about owning them.

to buy some Bread

A peer reviewed study by researchers at UC Berkeley suggests that stablecoin issuance doesn't inflate the bitcoin price.

There's been an 80% increase in stablecoin issuance since February - bringing total stablecoin issuance to $10 billion. This is happening as part of the scramble into USD.

where did you come across this site or was it recommended?

Found it on a article online involving pat Kenny telling people on the late late show about online trading and making money from it.

Found it on a article online involving pat Kenny telling people on the late late show about online trading and making money from it.

You have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement