Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie questions re public sector

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone calculate some pension figures for me.
    42 year old coming from private sector. Starting salary €40K. €66k at retirement age. Say €1k increment per year.
    Try this;

http://www.cspensions.gov.ie/modellers.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Don't bother.

That only applies to .....
    .... to Established and Non-Established Civil Servants and Prison Officers who are not members of the Single Public Service Pension Scheme ("Single Scheme") which commenced 01 January 2013 and applies to new entrants recruited after that date.

Don't bother.

That only applies to .....

So here's the constructive advice

http://singlepensionscheme.gov.ie/for-members/scheme-information/single-scheme-estimator-tool/

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Thanks Andrew,

I assume you'd receive both Single Scheme Annual Retirement Pension & Annual Contributory State Pension?

Also should I enter what I think will be average pay over the period as the Full Time Gross?

Thanks Andrew,

I assume you'd receive both Single Scheme Annual Retirement Pension & Annual Contributory State Pension?
    Yes, definitely

Also should I enter what I think will be average pay over the period as the Full Time Gross?

I think so, but I'm not 100% sure on this. Maybe try something around the middle of the scale for the role that you're going for (€54k?).

Obviously, if you manage to get a promotion, this will make a big difference - and the earlier, the better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement