Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 2 – Bahrain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That hulkenberg failure sounded nasty as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Full SC, can't wait to hear Max's radio!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Just get home Charles.

If the race director restarts this race for one more lap...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Terrible Ferrari. Looked on for at least 2 podiums today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭This is it

Hang on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Both Renault cars died at the same spot. That was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Full SC, can't wait to hear Max's radio!

Wa Wa Wa Wa

Was that a bit of humour from Paul diresta ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Looks like they'll need to wait for that Renault's battery to run flat before they remove it...might take a while with just the LEDs flashing :D

I'm biased, I don't care if it finishes under SC if it means Leclerc gets his podium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,611 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Terrible by Renault and very strange that both cars failed in the same place. Just hope Leclerc can hang on and get 3rd. He deserved to win but at least he will be on the podium and get fastest lap hopefully.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was that a bit of humour from Paul diresta ?

That’s one of the signs of the apocalypse, Di Resta making a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭decies

Thank god Leclerc got the 3rd . Keep it lit lad .

Red Bull spun out on the in lap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Was that a doughnut or a spin on the in lap from that Red Bull

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Class act from Hamilton

Far from a Hamilton fan but nice to see him reserved and acknowledge how unlucky Leclerc was

Leclerc seems like a likable chap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Second time in a few weeks Hamilton says something good - this is probably even more sign of the Apocalypse coming. Still, chapeau Lewis - very classy. I remember Schumacher also saying something similar at the 2001 Spanish grand prix, when Hakkinen retired on the last lap.

What is going on hamiltons hair ? It looks awful.

• Advertisement

Shout out to Norris as well today, great result for him. And Albon who got his first points. F1 has plenty of talent coming through

It's a funny one, normally you're first podium would be something great to remember but you can see how disappointed Leclerc was. Rightfully so too.

Again great from Lewis in the drivers room with the encouragement. I would love Leclerc to bounce back and win the next one, I'd say he'd go nuts!

skipper_G wrote: »
    Shout out to Norris as well today, great result for him. And Albon who got his first points. F1 has plenty of talent coming through

Been impressed with Norris myself, seems like an old head on young shoulders. Good to see Mclaren not being terrible aswell.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    It's a funny one, normally you're first podium would be something great to remember but you can see how disappointed Leclerc was. Rightfully so too.

Again great from Lewis in the drivers room with the encouragement. I would love Leclerc to bounce back and win the next one, I'd say he'd go nuts!

Be great to see him win his home race in Monaco

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭Inviere

What a race, enthralled from start to finish. Gutten for Le Clerc, very cruel, but he'll have plenty more cracks at the top spot very soon. You could see how gutted he was, yet so mature about it. If I were Vettel, I'd be getting slightly worried about now...I feel there's a shift coming at Ferrari.

Absolute 'mare for Renault, a 'mare for Ricciardo too. He must be starting to wonder now what the hell he's done. McLaren looking so much better, though certain tracks flatter certain cars, so it remains to be seen if it's a real improvement or temporary. Would have expected more from Kubica too, he needs to start reeling his rookie team mate in prontola.

If anyone wants more motorsports today

Moto GP on BT Sport 2 around 6.30
    Nascar on Eir Sport 2 around 8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Inviere wrote: »
    What a race, enthralled from start to finish. Gutten for Le Clerc, very cruel, but he'll have plenty more cracks at the top spot very soon. You could see how gutted he was, yet so mature about it. If I were Vettel, I'd be getting slightly worried about now...I feel there's a shift coming at Ferrari.

Absolute 'mare for Renault, a 'mare for Ricciardo too. He must be starting to wonder now what the hell he's done. McLaren looking so much better, though certain tracks flatter certain cars, so it remains to be seen if it's a real improvement or temporary. Would have expected more from Kubica too, he needs to start reeling his rookie team mate in prontola.
    Norris might be, but Sainz was running behind the Williams for quite a while before also parking in the garage. I think it's nip and tuck between them.

flazio wrote: »
    Norris might be, but Sainz was running behind the Williams for quite a while before also parking in the garage. I think it's nip and tuck between them.

Sainz was unfortunate that Verstappen used him to get around turn 4. Lost alot of time getting back to the pits and probably had damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭Inviere

flazio wrote: »

Sainz had contact with Verstappen, which ruined his race. Regardless, the car looks to be performing a lot stronger than it has been for the last few seasons. I'm hoping it's not track dependant, and that was true pace they showed today.

Can't see Gasly lasting the season at Red Bull either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kvyat will replace Gasly before season end.

If Leclerc keeps up this level it will put Ferrari in a pickle for 2020.

Advertisement