Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is the most pain you've ever endured?

• 23-03-2019 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I'm talking physical, but emotional is also accepted.

Mine was "just" facial cleansing.

I know it sounds trivial but I swear to god it was extremely painful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

There is no pain comparable to stepping on a plug. I've considered throwing out all appliances to prevent it ever happening again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

A knee to the balls is no picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Childbirth.

I had to listen to her moan, scream and go on and on about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Kidney stone. Was so bad that I started to question was it pain at all, was delirious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

How dirty was your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,651 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

A knee to the balls is no picnic.

Was training for a tag rugby match one evening and one of the girls miskicked the ball... I tried not to drop to the ground, stayed standing and tried to pretend I hadn’t just taken a rugby ball into the goolies with a fair degree of force behind it, that she’d missed me by inches. The humiliation was almost as painful - “I’m fine, I’m fine, close one”... :pac:

Being trodden on by a horse as a child ranks well up there, I remember the pain at the time, can’t really remember much else!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,054 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Had minor surgery on my eyelid last year. Had to get 2 injections into my eyelid / eyeball beforehand.

I roared in pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dry socket after a tooth extraction . OMG it was like an electric drill into my jaw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Waiting for an operation to put my pelvis back together. I spent four days being rolled every so often to prevent bed sores and could feel the broken pieces of my pelvis moving and scraping off each other. Even full of morphine it was agony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Going over on ankle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Torn ACL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Liechtenstein 0 - 0 Republic of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

That intense pain when you twinge your neck is probably the sorest but it's so short lived.

Lumbar puncture headache was up there. If cracking open my skull would have relieved it, if probably have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,233 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Damaged nerve and leg unable to straighten after 7 days in hospital bed.

I was straightened out for the MRI machine by 4 nurses and the pain was so bad I crapped myself and nearly passed out.

I'd have a high pain tolerance but that was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Getting the top of my fingers caught in a motor, only missing the top of 1 of them thankfully but the pain is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Tooth nerve pain, I never knew a human could endure such pain

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Torn ACL

I've torn both ACLs wasn't too bad for me

Gout when you cant take painkillers, that's quite the experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Gout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Corneal ulcer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kidney stones about forty years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Broke my arm and it was twisted around the wrong way, doctors gave me morphine but I had an allergic reaction to it, so they had to set the bone back and put a cast on it without any painkillers, that totally redefined pain for me, I "blacked out" about 30sec onto it, except I could only see all white instead of black ha.

Was back on the bike 9 or 10weeks later thankfully also ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Had an internal abscess burst and erupted through the skin ripping open an old surgical wound from the inside outside lots of blood lots of pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Falling off a badly placed ladder. I only feel about 2 feet but because the ladder moved away from the wall my legs slipped through the rungs and I skinned about a foot up the front of each shin. Pain was so bad I just crawled to a comfortable spot and laid there for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

SPD/PGP.
    Sitting down hurts, standing hurts, lying down hurts. Every single movement feels like your pelvis/hips are about to snap leading to the necessity of a walking stick/crutches just to be able to walk.

Second to that was a bad lung infection. Couldn’t even sleep with the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

A cut across the surface of my eye with a hard plastic edge.i could see a line down my pupil and fluid came out of it.i never ever felt pain as intense or a feeling so uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

ACL/PCL and medial.

Wisdom tooth extraction was tough also.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Gallstones and accompanying gallbladder attack. Worst experience of my life so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Inflamed testicals
    things were like tennis balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Got most of my foreskin and a small bit of ball skin stuck in the zip of me chinos in the jacks in Harry Byrne’s in Clontarf when I was in a rush to go back out and watch a Liverpool game.

Agony.

Advertisement