Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips HD9240/90 Avance Collection Airfryer, 2100 W - Extra-Large £166.99

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

unkel wrote: »
    New basket + base costs a lot more than a brand new airfryer (clone), that comes with a new warranty, etc.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Got rid of my old one after many years of good service. It was starting to smell the house out and beyond cleaning.
    I use mine on the cooker hob under the fan. Some people soak it in strong oven cleaner which could be got cheap in dealz.
    And the standard one will fit a small 1.1kg chicken. Just. :D
    I have fit a 1.9kg in the standard philips. This was by removing the basket and cramming it in. I would not do it again, I think 1.7 or 1.8kg would be my limit, I can get a 1.4kg in using the basket. Another trick I do is buy a large one, even over 2kg and cut the breasts off and just roast the rest. I do not particularly like roast breast on a large chicken anyway, and I just use it for stir fries or in a curry.

If mine breaks I would get the power airfryer which is larger than philips xxl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Price back down

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks, still holding out for the XXL myself. It was up to £295 recently but now at £229.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks, still holding out for the XXL myself. It was up to £295 recently but now at £229.

Xxl Philips airfryer ware house deal €180 in very good condition including delivery on amazon.de at the moment. There is a discount being applied to warehouse deals once you reach final checkout. You will need an adapter though.

• Advertisement

Thanks :) Any idea what the difference between these numbers are? They all appear to be the XXL:

HD9650/99
    HD9652/90
    HD9762/90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks :) Any idea what the difference between these numbers are? They all appear to be the XXL:

HD9650/99
    HD9652/90
    HD9762/90

Some of them are the older dial type as opposed to the digital ones.

Edit the first one is anyways.

Some cheap alternatives in Lidl, not sure how they will compare at all though:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=846&week=1

• Registered Users Posts: 64,925 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I bought this Salter from Amazon last week for GBP38, it's on its way to me

Linky

I expect it to work just fine, but it's a bit small, maybe I should have gone for the bigger one, which is also very cheap. I'll report back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I bought this Salter from Amazon last week for GBP38, it's on its way to me

Linky

I expect it to work just fine, but it's a bit small, maybe I should have gone for the bigger one, which is also very cheap. I'll report back here.

Never mind the size the power is very poor, hope you are not in a rush for your dinner!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

branners69 wrote: »
    Never mind the size the power is very poor, hope you are not in a rush for your dinner!!

the power would not worry me. A regular philips is 1450W.

The philips heats up really quickly and then is thermostatically controlled. If I was to put a 1000W element in my philips I would only expect about an extra minute or 2 at most to get to inital desired temp, and then from then on it the power would make not difference as it would be turning on/off via thermostatic control.

It is not like you are buying a microwave and intending to use it on full power all the time.

I would be concerned with the size of that salter though.

Advertisement