Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

feargale wrote: »
    I came across it sometime but I can't remember. Cleveland?

Nope.

As a bit of a clue I'll say it was a lot more recent than I would have guessed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

keane2097 wrote: »
    Nope.

Carter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Nope.

Will go one later and say Reagan?

Carter?

That's the one!

That's the one!

In the 2020 US presidential election which state gave Trump his greatest proportionate winning margin?

P.S. Why do we almost always say Jimmy Carter but never Dwight Eisenhower, just Eisenhower? Just asking. No marks for that.

• Advertisement

In the 2020 US presidential election which state gave Trump his greatest proportionate winning margin?

P.S. Why do we almost always say Jimmy Carter but never Dwight Eisenhower, just Eisenhower? Just asking. No marks for that.

Wyoming I think? Was north of 75% I think but only 3 electoral votes

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Wyoming I think? Was north of 75% I think but only 3 electoral votes

Correct (70%.) The least populous state (half a million plus.) Triceratops is the state dinosaur.

West Virginia (68•2%) was expected to top that list but came in at no. 2.

Over to you.

New one for me this week.

What is an orrery?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,063 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh dammit I know that one. The first thing that came to mind was some sort of ceremonial container, but I need to think about it a bit more, I don't think that is right.

looksee wrote: »
    Oh dammit I know that one. The first thing that came to mind was some sort of ceremonial container, but I need to think about it a bit more, I don't think that is right.

Not a container, no

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's not the burner for the frankincense... darn, I knew it, too. I've to start digging in my brains.

Yes, I checked it, I can see how my convoluted thought processes got me to my answer, but agreed I am miles off.

New Home wrote: »
    It's not the burner for the frankincense... darn, I knew it, too. I've to start digging in my brains.

Unfortunately not a burner, no

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

An orrary is a working model of our solar system with all the planets revolving around the sun. Captivating little things. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    An orrary is a working model of our solar system with all the planets revolving around the sun. Captivating little things. :)

Correct OG - you’re up!

Here is a bit of a geeky question.
    In the game of Dungeons and Dragons the players create characters that they then steer (role-play) through some adventure or tasks such as killing a dragon or steal the loot or assassinate the king.
    These created characters have a list of 6 Abilities that define that characters attributes.
    For example, the first of these abilities is "Strength" which defines how physically strong the character is, as in how much he/she could lift.
    What are the other five abilities used to create a character?

Here is a bit of a geeky question.
    In the game of Dungeons and Dragons the players create characters that they then steer (role-play) through some adventure or tasks such as killing a dragon or steal the loot or assassinate the king.
    These created characters have a list of 6 Abilities that define that characters attributes.
    For example, the first of these abilities is "Strength" which defines how physically strong the character is, as in how much he/she could lift.
    What are the other five abilities used to create a character?

We may need to crowdsource this one, but I'll get the ball rolling based on some video games that have similar ideas

Intelligence
    Magic
    Speed
    Dexterity
    Luck

I'm thinking intelligence for how well a character interacts with NPCs, magic is magic, speed is speed, dexterity for things like stealth, archery, lock-picking and luck as a multiplier for all other attributes

We may need to crowdsource this one, but I'll get the ball rolling based on some video games that have similar ideas

Intelligence
    Magic
    Speed
    Dexterity
    Luck

I'm thinking intelligence for how well a character interacts with NPCs, magic is magic, speed is speed, dexterity for things like stealth, archery, lock-picking and luck as a multiplier for all other attributes

You got two of them.
    :)
    The list so far is:
    Strength
    Dexterity
    Intelligence

(Extra geekey note: I know that different games will use different game mechanics so for clarity sake I'm asking about Dungeons&Dragons 5th edition.)

You got two of them.
    :)
    The list so far is:
    Strength
    Dexterity
    Intelligence

(Extra geekey note: I know that different games will use different game mechanics so for clarity sake I'm asking about Dungeons&Dragons 5th edition.)

I guess magic falls under intelligence then?

I guess magic falls under intelligence then?
    We'd be getting into deep gaming conversations to go through all the classes. One class uses intelligence for magics but some other classes can use different abilities for magic. Hard to have a conversation about class/ability without giving away the rest of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Courage/Bravery?
    Loyalty?

Courage/Bravery?
    Loyalty?
    No, nope and nay. :(

Well, they ought to be! :D

Well, they ought to be! :D
    Yep, along with cowardice, skullduggery and backstabbery. :)

Wisdom?
    Science?
    Cunning? (Baldrick would be proud).

Stamina (or similar word meaning how long you can last physically) - endurance

Something like weapons skills?

Spirit?

Smithing? As in, forging swords and so on and so forth?

• Advertisement

Wisdom?
    Science?
    Cunning? (Baldrick would be proud).
    Wisdom is there.
    looksee wrote: »
    Stamina (or similar word meaning how long you can last physically) - endurance
    Endurance-ish. The word they use is Constitution.

List now stands at:
    Strength
    Dexterity
    Intelligence
    Wisdom
    Constituation.

So there is one outstanding trait left.

Advertisement