Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding an inch to irons

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,054 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

jclack wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses guys.

He has changed my stance, I'm now standing further away from the ball and having my hands slightly lower. He only mentioned about the length and didn't make any comment on the lie as he seems to think I'm compensating for short clubs by standing too close. He's a very good instructor and i think he can do the lengthening himself so will get it done by him in a few weeks after I get a bit more comfortable with the new set up.

Further away and lower hands is going to raise the toe...if you also increase the length then you need to change where you stand or where you hold your hands and/or lie angle.

What was your strike point on the face with the new setup?
    Did he use a lie angle board or was this a swing lesson rather than a fitting? (Though if he is changing how you address the ball he should probably confirm the results!)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abugarcia

GreeBo wrote: »
    Further away and lower hands is going to raise the toe...if you also increase the length then you need to change where you stand or where you hold your hands and/or lie angle.

What was your strike point on the face with the new setup?
    Did he use a lie angle board or was this a swing lesson rather than a fitting? (Though if he is changing how you address the ball he should probably confirm the results!)

Your talking about a small percentage! I’m talking generally. Again height is still primary when fitting for length. Your arm distance from the ground is still going to be determined by your height. If a golfer has very long/short arms for there height of course it’s then taken into consideration when choosing the correct length. It’s a very very small percentage though.

And looks like the Op is good. Has confidence in his pro which is great!
    Good luck with it

Advertisement