Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Surprised more games aren't using full room scale

This looks great, like Tea for God but fully fleshed out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭kerplun k

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Noob question but can I play multiplayer Takelings on my Quest 2 via link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭jj880

Free hand tracking astroids game with mobile app for multiplayer. Great reviews on the hand tracking.

Edit: I didnt realise this was a paid game. 100% discount. https://odeals.net/game/6144/meteoric-vr

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

Pick up Golf+. Its great fun and addictive. Its funny cos in real life I'm very anti golf culture and never played , so some of my golf-playing mates are finding it hilarious,

• Advertisement

it is very good.. Golf 5 eClub is also essential and pairs really well with it

I can't get enough of Resident Evil 4... this has me so excited to play it each evening, I can't wait for the day job to end and get back into the RE4 world. Keep playing it till the wee hours.

It's tough too, the loading mechanism is brilliant and I get panicked trying to reload while getting swarmed and it feels great to get out of those situations.

Easily 2nd favourite VR game now after Half Life: Alyx

Should have went for this instead of walking dead s&s. Looks excellent. Both were heavily discounted recently. Walking dead is a great game I just find the crafting/gathering items really tedious and wrecks the pacing of the game for me. I will go back to it eventually but will probably get RE4 first. You can turn off the crafting/weapon degrading with a pcvr mod apparently but not on standalone version. Unless someone knows of a way for standalone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

I had same experience. Parked it and havent gone back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Golf+ used to cast nicely onto my phone through the Oculus App...this has stopped working.

Any ideas...have restarted both, ensured both are on the same Wi-Fi, restarted the WiFi router etc etc. Still just get the circle saying error connecting

• Advertisement

Lot of OS updates recently. Think Im on V53 at the moment. I have no problems as I use chromecast from within the headset but before that I had a problem casting with android app after an OS update. Obvious first thing is make sure mobile app is up to date. What solved it for me was unpairing Quest 2 from phone Bluetooth devices and repairing.

Thanks for that, will try the Bluetooth this evening.

Can I cast directly from the headset to a Samsung smart tv? (I can from my phone but was wondering would it be possible to cut out the middle man! )

I was never able to get a smooth TV cast with the phone in the middle so just bought a chromecast.

Its the most reliable. I tried some other apps / setups but none were as good as chromecast.

BUT your particular TV might have chromecast built in. worth a check before purchasing a chromecast. Here are some FAQs I grabbed from a facebook group I always go to:

Q. What Device Do I Need To Cast To A TV?

A. Chromecast dongle and a spare HDMI port on your TV. There are other options with variable success and lag depending on network/hardware setup. E.g. screen mirroring, casting mobile apps. Chromecast seems to work well for most setups.

Q. Does My TV Have Built-In Chromecast?

A. Some TVs can enable built-in chromecast from the Home/Settings menu. E.g. Sony, Phillips, TCL, Hisense. Check your TV menus for this option or google your TV brand/model number and "Enable built-in chromecast".

Q. How Can I Cast To A TV/Chromecast?

A. Make sure your Quest and TV/chromecast are connected to the same network. If your TV has built-in chromecast make sure this option is enabled in the TV menus. If using chromecast dongle select the HDMI input/source for your chromecast. Use the casting icon in your headset (Share Section >> Cast icon OR Camera Section >> Cast icon) or mobile app (Settings/Devices Section >> Cast icon). Choose your TV/chromecast name from the list of devices available.

I wasn't actually previously paired to the phone via Bluetooth, so paired up there now, assuming that would fix it....nope!

Might be just one of those things that stops working...frustrating though.

Thanks for the help though.

40% off. Note Ive seen it mentioned a few times if you do a free trial you get charged full price to purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a 30% off code and I'm wondering is resident evil the best game to spend it on?

Id say yes.

I have seen it heavily discounted but only once IIRC.

yep. I'm 14 hours into it and still more to go. It's excellent.

Anyone else have a back catalogue they haven't played but still buying games? Getting ridiculous at this stage:

Not played at all:

- Cubism

- Crashland

- Puzzling Places

- Creed: Rise To Glory

- Contractors

Less Than 30 mins:

- Bonelab

- Ark and Ade

- Synth Riders

- The Climb 2

- Eleven Table Tennis

90% of my regular VRing is spent in Walkabout Mini Golf and Pistol Whip. Love those games.

Quest games I played through once and enjoyed:

- Myst

- Red Matter

- Red Matter 2

- Tetris Effect

Honourable mention to Thrill Of The Fight. Also Driven: A great 8 euro Applab game that I spent a month hooked on unlocking tracks and vehicles.

Games Im looking forward to getting:

- Tea For God (full game release this Summer)

- Resident Evil 4

- Half-Life: Alyx (some day I will upgrade my PC)

• Advertisement

Yeah. On several different platforms :)

The way I look at it is that I got a rush getting the original game for a bargain price so part of the game is the feeling of getting a great deal.

Gamified purchasing, even if I never touch the game ;)

Granted though, I have been getting through some backlog recently.. but life usually gets in the way of any game time

Bloomberg article on testing the Meta Quest 3 prototype

https://i.redd.it/vgwczig9dm2b1.jpg

Bloomberg site is behind a paywall, hence the image

1/6 the price of Apples incoming headset. Damn.

I was considering the Apple offering, but if the price is going to be €2,500 or thereabouts, that rules me out.

Especially given it's 1st gen and they will no doubt be ironing out the kinks

Wow! 50% off. That's 1 game ticked off the to get list! 👍

Edit: that's not the only 50% off game. Check out the Meta Quest Gaming Showcase Sale in the app. Some big discounts on good games and bundles.

Post edited by jj880 on

Wow .. 50% off is a rarity on Quest store!

Maybe a celebration of the release on PSVR2?

Edit: misread your post. For some reason I read it as "the release OF PSVR2". Yeah for sure could be related. A lot of people will have both headsets. I'd be interested in how the 2 versions compare. Ive read they are quite different not just on the visuals.

Possibly to do with this showcase on June 1st. Matches the title of the sale.

Post edited by jj880 on

"From 569.99"

Enter your email for Quest 3 mailing list.

https://www.meta.com/ie/quest/quest-3/

😮

Niiiiiice

• Advertisement

Official trailer.

Also if you look at the Meta Quest YouTube channel in the last hour they have added about 20 videos for lots of good new games and dlc. Well worth checking out.

Advertisement