Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9 and Tesco mobile

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Flashdan wrote: »
    btw look at the Tesco network they do NOT use the same system as the 3 they are a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) on the 3 network which makes it worse then standard 3.

Off you go to 3 so. I'm with Tesco and have 4g anywhere I travel. Was on their €25 a month tarriff. Got a call from them last Monday trying to flog me the S9. Told them the phone I had was fine.Was the offered a €5 reduction. Took it. What's not to like about unlimited calls & texts, 20gb data & 300 international mins for 20 yoyos a month? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

"btw look at the Tesco network they do NOT use the same system as the 3 they are a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) on the 3 network which makes it worse then standard 3. "

As far as coverage is concerned they are the same as 3.
    They are also 4G.

I'm not sure if 3 can give their own customers priority over Tesco.

Possibly, I would doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Out of curiosity is there any phone on any bill pay that works out cheaper over the contract instead of buying for cash up front?

paddy19 wrote: »
    "btw look at the Tesco network they do NOT use the same system as the 3 they are a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) on the 3 network which makes it worse then standard 3. "

As far as coverage is concerned they are the same as 3.
    They are also 4G.

I'm not sure if 3 can give their own customers priority over Tesco.

Possibly, I would doubt it.

Using QoS or quality of service they can yes.

The MNVO agreement would cover stuff like that

Flashdan wrote: »
    I only deal that I see that is good at the moment is this one:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-phones/huawei-p20/3746/2

Huawei P20 all you can eat data and 100min 100 messages

If you normally top up by 20 (as I used to) this is how it works.

30 a month nothing upfront: 720 total

Normal top up 20 Euro that you would normally spend : 480

Cost for phone: 240

So that works out as good value as you can't buy a P20 for 240 new.

But the p20 isn't that great. It's the p20 pro with the great camera, waterproofing and bigger battery that you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

NATLOR wrote: »
    Plus first class customer service from Amazon if any issues arise

I don't think that's necessarily the case anymore.

Seems an awful lot of their CS function has been outsourced to the Philippines & the level of service (over the phone) is detatched and almost robotic, in comparison to Irish or UK agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

bizzare how people still get 24 month contracts, never ever again, just look online and buy a phone outright usually outside Ireland and you'll end up saving a fortune and wont be tied into a long contract.

Italix wrote: »
    Out of curiosity is there any phone on any bill pay that works out cheaper over the contract instead of buying for cash up front?

highly unlikely

booooonzo wrote: »
    Been on Tesco for a month, great service so far.
    Very fast 4g
    The odd delay connecting calls, virtual network I guess.
    Beats my Vodafone experience anyway.

Previously bought my S7 outright but don't see any benefit anymore really.

i was with TM for a few years, they were about 2 years behind every other mobile operator to get 4G , it was a long-standing running joke on their page on here, farcical stuff having to wait years to get 4G when every other mobile operator had it

• Registered Users Posts: 64,787 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I don't think that's necessarily the case anymore.

Seems an awful lot of their CS function has been outsourced to the Philippines & the level of service (over the phone) is detatched and almost robotic, in comparison to Irish or UK agents.

All true.

That said, if something breaks within their normal warranty period, a replacement or refund is still a very easy result, no questions asked, return is free and sometimes you don't even need to send it back

• Advertisement
Advertisement