Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

muddle84 wrote: »
    With work from home ive lost track of all the usual podcasts. what used to be a 2 hour commute is now 5 minutes. I need to make time for it somewhere!

Exact same as u with no commutes to Galway to work. I got an internet radio where I can stream the podcasts. Good to get back to them again.
    Dunphy does a decent podcast on sports and politics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Semi Final Champions

Green&Red wrote: »

That's so funny! I'm in stiche's, roll on the All Ireland Semi final I know we can be champions again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

That's so funny! I'm in stiche's, roll on the All Ireland Semi final I know we can be champions again!

Welcome back Peter, this must be a tough week for you so you said you'd come up with a new alias and set yourself up for when Mayo lose.

Its a clever ploy Peter, very clever, so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a fox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Semi Final Champions

Welcome back Peter, this must be a tough week for you so you said you'd come up with a new alias and set yourself up for when Mayo lose.

Its a clever ploy Peter, very clever, so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a fox

The fox is in the hen house!

The fox is in the hen house!

Well you certainly have us thick Mayo folk fooled Peter

There’ll be some craic when we lose to the dubs and you can have the last laugh, won’t there Peter?

Some craic is right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

Manzoor14 wrote: »

Interesting side note, DB gloves are a small company run by two Corofin senior footballers

Nice to see some bans being thrown around here for trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Interesting side note, DB gloves are a small company run by two Corofin senior footballers

There's another Company called DE Sports that do gloves and gear, owned by a lad from Pullathomas. Do similar stuff. Worth a look, no harm to check out what the local offering is.

https://www.facebook.com/DESportswear/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nice to see some bans being thrown around here for trolling

It sure is
    I’m on a yellow for fouling Mark Moran off the ball :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mod: If you see trolling and/or re-regging, can you please ensure that you report them and try not to engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Blackjack wrote: »
    There's another Company called DE Sports that do gloves and gear, owned by a lad from Pullathomas. Do similar stuff. Worth a look, no harm to check out what the local offering is.

https://www.facebook.com/DESportswear/

I'm surprised that none of these company's haven't released a "mikasa" style design given the popularity of all things retro.

Maybe they have and it never caught on. And a search shows that Mikasa are still selling their gloves!!!

km79 wrote: »

Is there an article there in between the excessive analogies?

I may have gotten out of the wrong side of bed but that style of journalism just hurts my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm surprised that none of these company's haven't released a "mikasa" style design given the popularity of all things retro.

Maybe they have and it never caught on. And a search shows that Mikasa are still selling their gloves!!!

Can't remember who it was but some IC player wore them or replica ones towards the end of the championship last year. Can't remember who but remember going WTF in my head when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ahhh...Mikasa goalie gloves bring back fond memories.

A great glove in dry conditions.....almost like a mild sandpaper feel both inside and out.

Not so clever in wet conditions though it has to be said....they basically turned into sponges with fingers

Can't remember who it was but some IC player wore them or replica ones towards the end of the championship last year. Can't remember who but remember going WTF in my head when I saw it.

That's why I missed it :)

Cartman78 wrote: »

A great glove in dry conditions.....almost like a mild sandpaper feel both inside and out.

Not so clever in wet conditions though it has to be said....they basically turned into sponges with fingers

My memory of them was wearing oversized pairs of them as a kid, and the glove was harder to hold onto than the ball in wet conditions.

Actually I told a lie. Shane Walsh wore them earlier in the year during the league.

Photo of him on
    https://www.retrosports.ie/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The last time I wore them was in the wet, ball flew through while fielding in a schools match, dislocated my middle finger and I only realised it when the cloth of the glove got caught under the socket and pulled the dislocated top part down further.
    The manager at the time popped the finger back, caught a vein while doing it and I had to get it dislocated again. :D
    I blame the gloves.

Lads used to be eating the black spots off them and spitting them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭flasher0030

yop wrote: »
    The last time I wore them was in the wet, ball flew through while fielding in a schools match, dislocated my middle finger and I only realised it when the cloth of the glove got caught under the socket and pulled the dislocated top part down further.
    The manager at the time popped the finger back, caught a vein while doing it and I had to get it dislocated again. :D
    I blame the gloves.

Lads used to be eating the black spots off them and spitting them out :)

Twas the nerves that caused that.

• Advertisement

[/B]

Twas the nerves that caused that.

And it was the dose of the ****** they had from it. Where we trained as kids there was cows in the field, cows make large cow pats.... ball into cow pat... ball touches gloves, kids each gloves.
    There was a girl who'd suck the finger off the gloves while standing around during training. :) No interest in the world in playing GAA.

Galway supporters will be disgusted with that tackle in the 70th minute in the hurling given the outrage last Sunday
    They will be demanding rule changes surely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

km79 wrote: »
    Galway supporters will be disgusted with that tackle in the 70th minute in the hurling given the outrage last Sunday
    They will be demanding rule changes surely

They can thank Mayo for that!....watch and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭muddle84

BENDYBINN wrote: »

Your welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭Robson99

BENDYBINN wrote: »

The only thing we thank Mayo for is JOHN O MAHONY

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Meath really putting it up to Dublin in that first half said nobody ever

Meath really putting it up to Dublin in that first half said nobody ever

Pure useless. At least they are fighting. Its about the only thing recognisable from former Meath teams.

While Meath didn’t turn up I think we can put to bed any hope of a dessie bedding in period in 2020.

Really need Donegal to beat Dublin to give us a chance to lift Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    While Meath didn’t turn up I think we can put to bed any hope of a dessie bedding in period in 2020.

Really need Donegal to beat Dublin to give us a chance to lift Sam

With the exception of Tyrone in 2018 and to an extent the replay last year Dublin have never had it all their own way in All Ireland finals.

Kerry had them until the last kick of the game in the first game last year.
    Mayo had plenty of chances to put them away in 2017.
    A goal from a penalty from a goalkeeping mistake and a hit post was what won them one in 2016, not to mention the two OGs.
    So for all the talk of money and all the talk as about Croke Park advantage etc, when it comes to the big day they have been beatable.

So I'm not going to start crowning them champions just yet just because they beat up on pathetic Leinster opposition again.

That being said it was Rochford coached teams that really took them to task in those finals.
    I don't think Horan has the coaching or tactical acumen to really get Mayo into a position to beat Dublin, that's if they even get to the final of course.

• Advertisement

With the exception of Tyrone in 2018 and to an extent the replay last year Dublin have never had it all their own way in All Ireland finals.

Kerry had them until the last kick of the game in the first game last year.
    Mayo had plenty of chances to put them away in 2017.
    A goal from a penalty from a goalkeeping mistake and a hit post was what won them one in 2016, not to mention the two OGs.
    So for all the talk of money and all the talk as about Croke Park advantage etc, when it comes to the big day they have been beatable.

So I'm not going to start crowning them champions just yet just because they beat up on pathetic Leinster opposition again.

That being said it was Rochford coached teams that really took them to task in those finals.
    I don't think Horan has the coaching or tactical acumen to really get Mayo into a position to beat Dublin, that's if they even get to the final of course.

That was Rochies fortie, the level of analysis he went into on the high level opposition was phenomenal. Horan in his first tenure only had one way of playing and I'm beginning to think it's the same with this one. Rochie had a horses for courses approach and adapted for the opposition. Horan doesn't seem to want to do this as I believe he considers it a weakness rather than a strength.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement