Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannondale race bikes

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

which % applies to the interest rate on the card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Whenever I see a Cannondale I'm usually impressed by how good looking the bikes are but I also would be concerned about BB30.
    Have Cannondale managed to solve the issues with bb30 yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

terrydel wrote: »
    but noticing it and quantifying it is nigh on impossible
    i'm giving this one to terrydel on a technicality as he said 'noticing it AND quantifying it' and not 'noticing it OR quantifying it'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tuxy wrote: »
    Whenever I see a Cannondale I'm usually impressed by how good looking the bikes are but I also would be concerned about BB30.
    Have Cannondale managed to solve the issues with bb30 yet?
    The BB is pretty much the only reason I haven't bought a Cannondale yet.

Someone should tell them about the benefits of a threaded bottom bracket :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Don’t worry about the bb30.
    You’ll be going so fast on the Cannondale that nobody will hear you😀.
    But seriously, after a lot of research or google searches I should say, I’ve concluded that it’s a press fit issue common to all bikes with these bottom brackets and not a bb30 or Cannondale issue.
    I bought my caad12 last year and the difference between it and other bikes I’ve owned in terms of handling is night and day. I also got a bb30a converter so I can fit shimano cranks, once the ones the came with bike are worn out.

If you like bb30 why not replace the bearing when it wears out instead of using the converter?

Square taper for the win :cool:

tuxy wrote: »
    If you like bb30 why not replace the bearing when it wears out instead of using the converter?

I wouldn't say i like it TBH.
    I just bought the converter because it gives me more options down the road.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Square taper for the win :cool:

I can't stand them.
    The amount of skin i lost of my knuckles removing those things.
    When the threads get worn, they are a disaster to remove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

I have owned 3 cannondale with the bb30

First one developed the squeak.
    I took off the chainset cleaned the spindle and bearing race with rag and degrease, reassembled.
    All good. For a fortnight. Then squeak came back. Stripped again repeated cleaning but this time I was scrupulous
    This time I also used torque wrench
    No more squeak for several months.

Then I decided that every month I'd do the strip clean re grease. Never had a squeak after that. Got 3 full years out of a caadx riding it all year round all weather commutes, training and several sportives.

That routine will take 15minutes every month to 6 weeks.

I can't stand them.
    The amount of skin i lost of my knuckles removing those things.
    When the threads get worn, they are a disaster to remover.

Bar my track bike, after I changed my first Hollowtech BB, I was like, what was all that BS I was messing with for years, this is wonderful.

Advertisement