Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco is a ****hole.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Well I've read some of the earlier posts referencing homelessness, drug use in public, public disorder etc .... Actually Limerick city is seriously heading down that route too. I have no idea what's going on with society but it's downright depressing. Makes me glad that I live in a rural area, even though Eamon Ryan and his cohorts are trying to make that even harder.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Having spent periods in San Fran , many of the homeless from other cities in the East and Central , migrate ther themselves cause of the pleasant less extreme weather , year on year this population incrseases , and the Meth problem really made things worse - a lot worse - and its very hard to get sober if you are already homeless - havent been ther for 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Yeah thats really D1 in Dublin. North city centre. Which certainly does need a clean up!

I never go there. easy to avoid 1 out of 25 post codes and still have access to everything you want.

but head along the coast in dublin for instance, especially south from sandymount to Dalkey and the whole stretch is lovely. no junkies etc and just lovely villages and houses but crazy expensive houses.

if you can afford it , no better place to live as you get the benefits of the coast and beaches with the mountains on your doorstep and the driest weather in ireland. plus you still have all the nice restaurants and parks. theatres etc without ever having to go near the city centre.

Agree about limerick. I have been there a couple of times and the place is just depressing. the centre especially.

it doesnt seem to have nice suburban areas either like dublin has. just seems to be a large council estate from what i can tell.

im sure there are some nice parts though.

but we must give thanks that we are not like the bad parts of the states! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Obviously you haven’t been in any of the cities I mentioned lately?

you don’t have EVERY overpass/flyover as a housing solution to hundreds of homeless people in Dublin. Imagine the M50 with homeless people living on the bridges of the red cow, Blanchardstown, Liffey valley etc…

you don’t have people with calculators rushing stores and stealing anything under 900 euros without being chased (Dublin has it’s own shoplifting issues with sentencing)

Pheonix Park doesn’t have hundreds if not thousands of homeless encampments in it (mcArthur Park does)

As the poster above said D1 and D2 have their issues, try walking down Grafton Street in broad daylight and being shouted at while avoiding drugged out people are slumped outside Brown Thomas, doesn’t really happen that often, now try that in Geary St. in San Francisco while you step over someone coming out of Chanel.

Dublin has it’s problems but it has nothing on West Ciast cities in the states and most large cities in the States.

i have lived and worked in “third world countries” and in war zones. American cities in the west have worse conditions for the unfortunate homeless people imho.

my last trip to LA was going to dinner, and was about to pick up trash on the sidewalk. It turned out to be someone living in that trash. Shocking is the word!

Advertisement