Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare farmer objects to €8bn Intel investment...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I fully support him - at least someone is taking the risk to the environment into consideration - unlike An Bord Pleanala

As for Intel I used work for them and remember well them printing and putting onto everyones desk letters saying who was objecting to the new fab being built and giving their name and address out to thousands. I still feel sick at the thought of such abuse of power against a small rural family man trying to protect his home and childrens safety all those years ago.

As for their shoddy tricks against Reid in their last campaign - I only hope he wins - again. It’s a classic David and Goliath story. Fair dues Mr Reid - you are many peoples hero.

This a complete and utter lie and it is shameful that it allowed stand here and shame on those who have liked the post.

If Intel did that they would have faced a huge revolt from their own staff and it would've been all over the news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I fully support him - at least someone is taking the risk to the environment into consideration - unlike An Bord Pleanala

As for Intel I used work for them and remember well them printing and putting onto everyones desk letters saying who was objecting to the new fab being built and giving their name and address out to thousands. I still feel sick at the thought of such abuse of power against a small rural family man trying to protect his home and childrens safety all those years ago.

As for their shoddy tricks against Reid in their last campaign - I only hope he wins - again. It’s a classic David and Goliath story. Fair dues Mr Reid - you are many peoples hero.

this is the problem with boards and the internet in general , some agenda wielding axe grinding ill informed person posts some completely made up lies and claims them as true for cheap likes or what ever , people are naive enough to believe and repost it else where

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

mynamejeff wrote: »
    this is the problem with boards and the internet in general , some agenda wielding axe grinding ill informed person posts some completely made up lies and claims them as true for cheap likes or what ever , people are naive enough to believe and repost it else where

Yes, so far 10 people have liked that post.
    And it isn't true.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Call me Al wrote: »
    Yes, so far 10 people have liked that post.
    And it isn't true.

I worked for Intel for nearly 18 years, left in 2018. In my time there never once did Intel send me a letter or print out any information and leave it on my desk. Mainly because most of us didn't have a desk to leave it on, we had shared work spaces. "Bull pens" in the old days, flex desks later on.

They definitely didn't print out lists of objectors to planning permission.

It's such an obvious lie, it's beyond ridiculous.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

If Intel want it so badly then why give what appear to be legitimate grounds to appeal? Something as simple as air pollution should not have been overlooked.
    Reid is following the planning laws. Intel obviously are not.

There's a man in a control room right now that can tell you exactly how much "air pollution " Intel is producing. There's an entire department monitoring air and water waste to make sure everything is compliant. There is zero chance it was overlooked.

It's pretty close to zero, by the way. **** tons of steam come from the fabs, but that's about it. The cars on the road in front of the site produce more air pollution than the fab will in a year.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Zebra3 wrote: »
    This a complete and utter lie and it is shameful that it allowed stand here and shame on those who have liked the post.

If Intel did that they would have faced a huge revolt from their own staff and it would've been all over the news.

The Irish fake news media are great at covering up stories that the establishment don't like.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    The needs of the many here. There's billions of euros in jobs and investment here. Thousands will directly benefit from this factory.

How many will benefit from a field with a few cows on it?
    The government CPO land regularly for infrastructure, sometimes cutting fields in half. When you're driving on a motorway you're on CPO land. Would it have been better to leave it and have to drive through every village and borren to get around?

I don't think the govnerment should have the right to steal anyones land.

Intel don't even pay that much tax plus most of those "jobs" would only be going to Non-Nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

thenplacing of Intel headed paper stating the name and adress of the family who objected to the then new favs being built into thousands of desks happened and was done in my time when I worked there. It was absolutely disgusting particularly ad not only did they give his name and address but went to the detail of describing exactly where his family home was - so any yob (pre googlemps) could be in no doubt). As for the tone of some of the comments in this thread - yes the letter to all fab employees - this was done in exactly the same way - it will affect plant jobs and performance and ability to deliver and compete for more contracts glibally. Utterly disgusting and targeting an individual exercising his right. This was in the time before online objections - but not to worry Intel told everyone in the fab his name and where he lived just in case. I heard they also tried to buy his home off him but her refused - in the family generations - beginning to sound like Reid and their hectoring and bullying against him? Some things money can’t easily but - good values, gamily pride and history and community pride. And once the air and environment are deatroyed its gone forever. No amount of fluttering of fifties will fix that - you only have to look at what has happened across America to see that some industrial environmental ‘incidents’ cannot be ever fixed. Fair dues to you Mr Reid. Thank you.

thenplacing of Intel headed paper stating the name and adress of the family who objected to the then new favs being built into thousands of desks happened and was done in my time when I worked there. It was absolutely disgusting particularly ad not only did they give his name and address but went to the detail of describing exactly where his family home was - so any yob (pre googlemps) could be in no doubt). As for the tone of some of the comments in this thread - yes the letter to all fab employees - this was done in exactly the same way - it will affect plant jobs and performance and ability to deliver and compete for more contracts glibally. Utterly disgusting and targeting an individual exercising his right. This was in the time before online objections - but not to worry Intel told everyone in the fab his name and where he lived just in case. I heard they also tried to buy his home off him but her refused - in the family generations - beginning to sound like Reid and their hectoring and bullying against him? Some things money can’t easily but - good values, gamily pride and history and community pride. And once the air and environment are deatroyed its gone forever. No amount of fluttering of fifties will fix that - you only have to look at what has happened across America to see that some industrial environmental ‘incidents’ cannot be ever fixed. Fair dues to you Mr Reid. Thank you.

Any company that engages in that sort of behaviour should be run out of Ireland they are no better than gangsters.

More lies. Give over.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Big Gerry wrote: »
    Any company that engages in that sort of behaviour should be run out of Ireland they are no better than gangsters.

They didn’t do it. It’s really that simple. This is made up nonsense.

they/them/theirs

I don't think the govnerment should have the right to steal anyones land.

Intel don't even pay that much tax plus most of those "jobs" would only be going to Non-Nationals.

Why do you think the majority of the jobs would be going to “non nationals”. At a guess, 90% of the people who work on the Leixlip site are Irish. 90% is on the conservative side.

they/them/theirs

liar liar pants on fire

Brian? wrote: »
    Why do you think the majority of the jobs would be going to “non nationals”. At a guess, 90% of the people who work on the Leixlip site are Irish. 90% is on the conservative side.

The majority of staff who work for the multinationals are Non-Nationals.

Google etc employ very few Irish people.

Brian? wrote: »
    They didn’t do it. It’s really that simple. This is made up nonsense.

It wouldn't be the first time a big multinational has f**ked over the little man in Ireland.

https://leoniefennell.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/merck-still-corrupt-and-still-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

You didnt happen to ring in a bomb scare a few years ago did you?

Obviously bitter that they let you go.

Intel wouldn't need to send out his address, everyone on
    site and from the area knows where his kip of a house is.

You didnt happen to ring in a bomb scare a few years ago did you?

Obviously bitter that they let you go.

Intel wouldn't need to send out his address, everyone on
    site and from the area knows where his kip of a house is.

lol I have never had any dealings with Intel.

I'm opposed to the state to trying to steal land they have no right to.

Today its this poor farmer they trying to rob tomorrow it could be your family home.

Why should we automatically believe people who say it didn’t happen over someone who says it did? Just because you’ve a few loud voices trying to shout someone down doesn’t mean anyone is producing any proof one way or the other. They’re a shady company so I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

I don’t agree with being able to take someone’s property regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Empty fields employ even fewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

The planned expansion is on Intel owned land, none of it is being stolen from Thomas Reid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Google, Facebook, Airbnb etc employs loads of Irish people. They're just so massive that they have positions to fill that cAnt be filled by Irish people sue to experience, language requirements etc.

The planned expansion is on Intel owned land, none of it is being stolen from Thomas Reid.

Quit spoiling the David vs goliath narrative.

There's like,... an ethical lesson in here, or something.

Booo corporations, big pharma and stuff.

greencap wrote: »
    Quit spoiling the David vs goliath narrative.

There's like,... an ethical lesson in here, or something.

Booo corporations, big pharma and stuff.

Big Pharma? You should probably look up Intel and have a read.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Google, Facebook, Airbnb etc employs loads of Irish people. They're just so massive that they have positions to fill that cAnt be filled by Irish people sue to experience, language requirements etc.

Its more discrimination just look at Aldi or Lidl.

Anybody can stock shelves but at least 80% of the staff in Aldi and Lidl are Non-Nationals.

That is direct discrimination against the Irish.

Anybody can stock shelves but at least 80% of the staff in Aldi and Lidl are Non-Nationals.

you know that just typing stuff into your computer doesn't make it true right ?

your just ranting nonsense and have been from the start

purple monkey dishwasher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Must have been a nightmare for the cleaners, all the waste paper baskets in the fab must have been full of crumpled up sheets of Intel headed paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Can you stop the companies are out to be anti-Irish. Companies have enough to be doing without adding xenophobia to their business models.

They hire based on who applies for the jobs.

Big Pharma? You should probably look up Intel and have a read.

And you might want to look up satire.

Seriously stevie wonder couldn't miss that it was a joke.

Or in your case, stevie wonder could indeed have missed that it was a joke unless it was read to him, as stevie wonder is blind and blind people can't see.

greencap wrote: »
    And you might want to look up satire.

Seriously stevie wonder couldn't miss that it was a joke.

Or in your case, stevie wonder could indeed have missed that it was a joke unless it was read to him, as stevie wonder is blind and blind people can't see.

Semiconductor industry. Semi-con-duct-or industry.

• Advertisement

Advertisement