Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil servants - Politics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

wench wrote: »
    The general approach is to agree that whoever is in govt are a shower of gobsh!tes, and then you move on to sport.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

hardybuck wrote: »
    Forsa are easily the most militant Civil Service union.

When were they last on strike?

I'll wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'll wait...

That's not much of a metric to use,they were only formed 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

floorpie wrote: »
    I'm hoping to join the CS soon, can you tell me if this practice of maintaining impartiality extends down into everyday interactions? E.g. would groups refrain from discussing controversial political topics during the working day (where it isn't relevant), or over lunch, drinks etc.

I would not discuss controversial topics over lunch etc in ANY workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

I would not discuss controversial topics over lunch etc in ANY workplace.

I totally agree. That's why I'm hoping posters would say "yes, discussing politics for fun is disallowed", because I think it's becoming commonplace elsewhere and I dislike it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

yabadabado wrote: »
    That's not much of a metric to use,they were only formed 3 years ago.

And the CPSU, Impact and PSEU? (Are the AHCPS amalgamated with them, too?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I'll wait...

I'll say you'll be waiting a while for any Civil Service unions to go on strike. They've been waiving their right to do so, on the instruction of their members, for at least the last 13 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RobynByrd

What about taking part in demonstrations such calling for an end to the violence in Gaza?

Advertisement