Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurse saves Dublin bus driver's life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The OP makes an interesting point.
    That Indo article includes 3 photos of her from her social media accounts.

Do we honestly think if it were some balding 46 yr old IT worker who saved the man's life we'd see at least 3 pics of his up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

The Rook wrote: »
    Jesus Christ lads, she saved a life, which is pretty much the peak of what you can do as a human being and the only things we can say are "Hello Nurse" , "Sexy Legend" "Would bang" , Wouldn't bang" ?

As a guy I can honestly say that it's a grim insight into the male psyche these days.

You are an absolute killjoy.
    Looking for some way to twist a compliment.
    Your twitter white knight score must be orbiting the sun after such a brave stance.

We all know she is a hero....that kinda a given.
    No harm commenting on her looks or anything else...

whiskeyman wrote: »
    The OP makes an interesting point.
    That Indo article includes 3 photos of her from her social media accounts.

Do we honestly think if it were some balding 46 yr old IT worker who saved the man's life we'd see at least 3 pics of his up?

Maybe not.
    But who wants a pic of balding IT worker...??

Attractive people are nice to look at....what so hard to understand with that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

If she was a fifty year old nurse with grey hair there would be no picture, there wouldnt even be a story and Tubs wouldnt be talking to her.
    She will hitch up with a consultant in a few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

tretorn wrote: »
    If she was a fifty year old nurse with grey hair there would be no picture, there wouldnt even be a story and Tubs wouldnt be talking to her.

Newsflash: people like looking at pretty girls. Fair play to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

You are an absolute killjoy.
    Looking for some way to twist a compliment.
    Your twitter white knight score must be orbiting the sun after such a brave stance.

We all know she is a hero....that kinda a given.
    No harm commenting on her looks or anything else...

Now you’re trying to rationalise a toxic attitude with that age-old “it’s no harm”, “it’s a bit of fun” and “it’s a compliment” thing. They’re very poor comments and attitudes fullstop.

Now you’re trying to rationalise a toxic attitude with that age-old “it’s no harm”, “it’s a bit of fun” and “it’s a compliment” thing. They’re very poor comments and attitudes fullstop.

Nothing toxic about commenting on a forum that she is easy on the eye.
    You've lost perspective on reality with your "toxic" sh1te.

Save it for twitter or your article in "right-on weekly"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I would quite happily let her take a series of heavy compressions on my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You've lost perspective on reality with your "toxic" sh1te.

Save it for twitter or your article in "right-on weekly"

Do us a favour and stop being so adversarial. If you have a point to make, and it looks like you do, do it without disrespecting your fellow posters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Jesus Christ lads, she saved a life, which is pretty much the peak of what you can do as a human being and the only things we can say are "Hello Nurse" , "Sexy Legend" "Would bang" , Wouldn't bang" ?

As a guy I can honestly say that it's a grim insight into the male psyche these days.

Someone get this guy a qiillete razor!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

This pisses me off.

Let's me honest here, she did a great thing.

However she didn't win the WWE Heavyweight Championship which is in reality, the peak of what a human can do.

I don't know if that should be assumed, but the fact that she's young shouldn't be dismissed.

Too often, these days, we hear nonsensical garbage about millennials being insulated and incapable of assuming responsibility or positions of leadership. To my mind, the crux of this story is its contradiction of that narrative.

But it certainly has brought out its fair share of creepy comments. Making me wonder which generation is the least mature, here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

For fcuk sake!!

What the girl did was absolutely heroic. Fantastic - she saved another human life. No question she should be lauded for it.

She is also an utter fox and there’s nothing wrong with noticing that.

Deary me, some women (and men) actually like receiving compliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Indeed.. It's actually a bit worrying that the right-on virtue-signalling / offence-finding everywhere stuff on Twitter and so on is so actively seeping into Irish life.

She did a great service and fair play to her for that, but you can be sure that if it was a handsome male doctor there'd be no outrage over some harmless comments about his looks - and rightly so I might add.

People really need to stop trying to point-score and getting wound up over every triviality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jesus Christ lads, she saved a life, which is pretty much the peak of what you can do as a human being

Not taking anything away from her but is it really the peak of what you can do as a human?

If she killed a scumbag, that might be more of a peak.

Also, and I don't mean to brag, but I was on Blackboard Jungle, which is pretty peaky.

But fair play to her all the same.
    Did you take an Honours question? Did you get it right?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Indeed.. It's actually a bit worrying that the right-on virtue-signalling / offence-finding everywhere stuff on Twitter and so on is so actively seeping into Irish life.

She did a great service and fair play to her for that, but you can be sure that if it was a handsome male doctor there'd be no outrage over some harmless comments about his looks - and rightly so I might add.

People really need to stop trying to point-score and getting wound up over every triviality.
    100% correct. She’s a hero. A beautiful looking hero.

The joyless rush to slate the posters who noticed would make you despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Keyzer wrote:
    I don't know what a tracker mortgage is...

That's a bit outdated.

They all have lovely bottoms.....

Outrageous comment!

The joyless rush to slate the posters who noticed would make you despair.

I think the point is that based on her actions there are plenty of other adjectives that you could focus on, rather than boiling it down to ones focused on her appearance, which doesn't really have anything to do with her heroic deed.

Fair play to her. She had the skills to help and did. That's all any of us can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,439 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

She did great but driver saves nurse would make for a better headline on the lines of dog bites man is not news but man biting dog is.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Apparently, only if its a nice looking dog.

Amirani wrote:
    If this incident impacts your view on that pay dispute, then you don't have a very solid basis to your opinions. Completely irrelevant.

Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Well done to that girl . Not only did she save him but stopped the bus rolling into danger .

Pter wrote: »
    I think the point is that based on her actions there are plenty of other adjectives that you could focus on, rather than boiling it down to ones focused on her appearance, which doesn't really have anything to do with her heroic deed.

Fair play to her. She had the skills to help and did. That's all any of us can do.
    Totally agree, the newsworthy element of the story is her heroism.

However, the fact that she is a gorgeous woman who is also a hero doesn’t have to be ignored. We can’t just pretend not to notice.

I suppose the white knights of boards would have nothing to do if there weren’t other posters submitting to the honesty of their opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Well done to that girl . Not only did she save him but stopped the bus rolling into danger .

Why do you call her a girl.

If it was a male nurse you wouldn’t call him a boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why do you call her a girl.

If it was a male nurse you wouldn’t call him a boy.

Oh give me a break . Its a turn of phrase . I call my friends girls and we are retired

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It might shock some of the weirdos on here but she might actually enjoy the compliments on her appearance

Like women do in the real world

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

TCM wrote: »
    Outrageous comment!

I've had my fun.......

Oh god we have a bogey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

She is a dinger in fairness....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I do wonder what would anyone have done if the drivers protective screen was up?

It's extremely difficult to open when it's up and closed.

The sg type are extremely easy though as people can grab the steering wheel from outside of the cab.

Advertisement