Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO Competition 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

I was mid 50s in OOM for my regional choices. I got shortlisted.

Long road to go yet. But fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Kate2293 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what OOM you were? I had an OOM of 52 and was not shortlisted so I'm slightly disapointed by that

Top 15 for both

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Just found out I got through to stage 3. My oom after stage 1 was 900 odd for Dublin and 40 for my regional choice. Presume if I pass stage 4 that il b placed on both panels. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sfhawke

Was in top 5 for my two regions and didn't get shortlisted, analysis and decision making not strong enough. Disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Mamafarren wrote: »
    I had a successful appeal and I'm doing my supervised exam next Friday..
    Out of interest what was the appeal process and who did you address it to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

I had a successful appeal and I'm doing my supervised exam next Friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Was in mid 50s, 60s for regional choices and have been shortlisted...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mamafarren

Csk2019 wrote: »

I requested a formal review under section 7 of their code of practice,
    if you search the code of practice on PAS website you'll find all the necessary information. It took roughly a month for a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vlthap

bookergirl wrote: »
    That's disappointing to hear, I presumed they would follow normal practice of interviewing on competencies.
    Did you have to do a presentation?

I had my interview last Tuesday and found the very same thing. Very little time spent on competencies and questions were random and repetitive.

eimaj18 wrote: »
    When I was in there were at least two other people on at the same time as me. So three boards anyway.

I think there were 4 Boards. Not 100% sure but I think that's what the lady who set me up in the room for the presentation said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Got shortlisted for regional panel. Do they let you pick a slot for the tests or is it an assigned time? They are commencing 12th but I go on holidays 18th so wondering what the likelihood of a clash is 🀔

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Got shortlisted for regional panel. Do they let you pick a slot for the tests or is it an assigned time? They are commencing 12th but I go on holidays 18th so wondering what the likelihood of a clash is 🀔

They do not offer times. In fact they specifically state that alternative times cannot be considered so I think it would be a good idea to contact them and let them know when you are not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭osullic

Vlthap wrote: »
    They do not offer times. In fact they specifically state that alternative times cannot be considered so I think it would be a good idea to contact them and let them know when you are not available.

For the supervised tests you book the times yourself. For the interview and presentation it’s as stated above

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

osullic wrote: »
    For the supervised tests you book the times yourself. For the interview and presentation it’s as stated above

Great that's what I was hoping! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Fingers crossed that booking opens for next stage tomorrow. Its a very busy time at work atm and with summer hols I would like to give as much notice as possible as will need a full day off

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

Got through regional shortlisting, I'm delighted because I wasn't confident after last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

There is unlikely to ever be an open HEO competition
    Augme wrote: »
    The next HEO will be an open competition.
    Vlthap wrote: »
    They do not offer times.
    For the supervised tests you book the times yourself.

This thread is like a conversation with my ex-wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Didn't get shortlisted for the regional panel. Disappointed but I think I didn't write enough in the application form. Hopefully our Department will have an internal and then there's always the open competition soon. It's all experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bride2beee

Would anyone on here who has been shortlisted be willing to share some examples that they wrote on their application forms? This is my third time to fall at this stage and have a bucket load of experience. Not sure what it is they are looking for on the forms? Very disheartening!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

I was shortlisted but I’m going on holiday the 10th to 17th. Contacted PAS to check if I could get the end of the tests but have been told that they are only going to be the 12th, 15th, 16th and 17th so not even a full week of tests.

I find this unfair as we have no notice and it’s peak summer time, surely they should be a bit more flexible. Obviously if I had known they would be around now I wouldn’t have arranged a holiday. They said that I could reschedule for September but I assume that I would then be at the end of the batch.

Anyone else going to be in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Rebelinho

I requested a formal review under section 7 of their code of practice,
    if you search the code of practice on PAS website you'll find all the necessary information. It took roughly a month for a decision.

Good info, thanks. Did you go straight for the formal review or did you do informal first?

I haven't much hope either way as I was deemed unsuitable for all three competencies, despite getting through with the same examples previously. Would this be a simple case of the standard/quantity of candidates increasing or a subjective view by a different Board?

Well done to all those who made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Steamer wrote: »

Not in the same boat, but I think it's awful. I'm sure they are busy in PAS, but a weeks notice in the middle of July for people to go to Dublin (for those outside) and do a test in a four day window is ridiculous. Definitely something that should be looked at. I hope you can find a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

I agree it's very restrictive and short notice. As it is, between family and work commitments, I can just about manage to make it up to Dublin on one of those dates but it is far from ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

I was shortlisted but I’m going on holiday the 10th to 17th. Contacted PAS to check if I could get the end of the tests but have been told that they are only going to be the 12th, 15th, 16th and 17th so not even a full week of tests.

I find this unfair as we have no notice and it’s peak summer time, surely they should be a bit more flexible. Obviously if I had known they would be around now I wouldn’t have arranged a holiday. They said that I could reschedule for September but I assume that I would then be at the end of the batch.

Yes me too

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Yes same boat here . Il have to wait til sept

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

speedygirl wrote: »
    Yes same boat here . Il have to wait til sept

It’s so unfair. They should have 2 days at the end of 2 weeks with a week in between. That would suit most people then if they are away.

The regions are always disadvantaged.

Is this their way of cutting the numbers?

Will interviews then be in August with yet more people unable to attend?

Does anyone know how long the supervised tests take? would it be an hour and half from time arrive to time leave the PAS offices?

Also I'm hearing rumours the supervised tests are a lot more difficult too

Got through. Next stage beginning the 24th June.. dreading the presentation

May I ask a quick question how long did the supervised tests take? As in would it be an hour and half in total from time arrive to time leave the PAS offices?
    Also I'm hearing rumours the supervised tests are a lot more difficult

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

They’re the exact same tests.

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    They’re the exact same tests.

Thank you :-) :-) :-)

Advertisement