Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Inflator, Amazon.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

matchthis wrote: »
    Just on this (cheaper) pump, I previously mentioned that they can fail.

I have just taken the two ones I have apart. They are basically a motor that cranks a piston into a small cylinder. What had happened was that the two screws holding the cylinder head down had worked loose, so the air was leaking there so no pressure at the nozzle.

Tightening these (don't overtighten) fixed the problem. There are two plastic lugs inside the casing to prevent the motor from vibrating. Be sure to refit these. Both pumps working fine again.

Interesting to see a basic crank, connecting rod, piston and cylinder assembly!

Btw I also have one of the flat digital display pumps which I opened for a look. Same motor/crank/cylinder system, just a different layout.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Nice simple set up.

I tried the Tacklife unit out and it worked fine.

Tried it on 2 tyres, it reads the preasure in about 3/4 seconds, then you just push the inflate button. from 25 psi to 32 psi took about 30 seconds.
    I could be wrong but I wouldn't push it much further, it was grand up to 30psi but slowed up after that.
    Just press the same button to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Using the Tacklife one for bike tyres and footballs . As a coach I have 30-40 footballs which regularly need topping up and this works great . Cheers

Advertisement