Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Inflator, Amazon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Ordered one - thanks OP !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Highest it's ever been seems to be £21.99. Seems to have been hovering around the teens for a long time now. Always take their stated discount with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wheety wrote: »
    Highest it's ever been seems to be £21.99. Seems to have been hovering around the teens for a long time now. Always take their stated discount with a pinch of salt.

€16 on eBay,plus a tenner postage.

Don't see it on Alliexpress. They can be a good half price option for a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

It's only £9.99 without the lightning deal, but ordered one anyway at £8.47, it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

kneemos wrote: »
    €16 on eBay,plus a tenner postage.

Don't see it on Alliexpress. They can be a good half price option for a lot of stuff.

£9.99 non-deal price on Amazon. If you have prime, you'll get free delivery.

Actually, it's back on the deal. 89% claimed now so people must have not gone ahead with the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

septictank wrote: »

just bought one. cheers.
    i got it just to see if it would work!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

It's only £9.99 without the lightning deal, but ordered one anyway at £8.47, it's worth a try.

Yeah, I got it at £8.47.
    A lot of garages have broken Air hose I find, so handy bit of kit pre NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You have to pay for air in most garages now so this pays for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Ordered, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Got one. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Got one at reduced price. Pity it's 6 quid for delivery, but hey, all-in not a bad price. This is great for me as I'm nursing a very slow puncture at the minute that needs topping up once a week. It'll pay for itself quite quickly.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does this only work off a 12v cigarette lighter? I'd like one of these for my motorbikes tyres but is there anyway to run them from a conventional electricity supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Managed to order one earlier today at the lower price. Needed another item that brought my order over £20 and got free delivery. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Does this only work off a 12v cigarette lighter? I'd like one of these for my motorbikes tyres but is there anyway to run them from a conventional electricity supply?

Summat like this or similar

https://www.amazon.co.uk/100-240v-Cigarette-Lighter-Voltage-Converter/dp/B075GF4XCG/ref=sr_1_1_ccp_nc_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1551714969&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=12v+cigarette+lighter+psu&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah cheers, didnt know you could adapt 240v down to 12v, very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Muahahaha wrote: »

It's easy to wire a 12V supply on a bike and very handy. Either run from the battery or wire into a fuse with spare capacity if you don't want it live all the time, on my last bike the brakes had a big fuse with spare capacity.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0776S54VJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_i3uFCbEZDVWBN

You can get waterproof ones that was just a quick Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Thanks OP, great find. Ordered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

matchthis wrote: »
    Some pumps in that configuration are cheaply made and will not last or be reliable over time.

Lidl had what seemed to be a quality pump of that type recently. It weighs at least twice that of the cheep-cheep ones.

Remember to not run the pump for more than 10 minutes at a time before stopping to let it cool.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

What is the make and model of it as the link in OP doesn't work for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

bbari wrote: »
    What is the make and model of it as the link in OP doesn't work for me?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183670334508

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Hmmm, it says on the description....

"NOT suitable for RV, ATV, pickup and truck tires."

So, does that rule out the Qashqai and me Koleos then? RV?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

vidapura wrote: »
    Hmmm, it says on the description....

"NOT suitable for RV, ATV, pickup and truck tires."

So, does that rule out the Qashqai and me Koleos then? RV?

No. It's good enough for most vehicles, it just won't do heavy vehicles which go to way higher pressure than car or our SUV tyres. It wouldn't be much use in the USA though as their SUVs are based on trucks not cars like here.

RV is a motor home

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

You'll get less than 10 uses out of this and it'll be burned out.

Time to stop buying crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

vargoo wrote: »
    You'll get less than 10 uses out of this and it'll be burned out.

Time to stop buying crap.

Can't complain at that price. If it gets you out of a spot even once, it's worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Can't complain at that price. If it gets you out of a spot even once, it's worth buying.

Na, to much plastic sh1t being bought by numpties. Buy a good one if you want one.

Or a biodegradable can of fix flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Eh, yeah, ok.

Not all compressors are made equal - I got one for a tenner to put in the boot, and it's good for maybe 22psi. That would get you to the nearest garage, but useless for topping up a slightly under pressure tire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Not all compressors are made equal - I got one for a tenner to put in the boot, and it's good for maybe 22psi. That would get you to the nearest garage, but useless for topping up a slightly under pressure tire.

Same - although the one Honda throw into the civics is a great piece of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Arrived this morning, that was quick. Will try it out later when I have time.

Advertisement