Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What policies would you like to see introduced in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

social welfare benefits capped at 60,000 per family .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Repopulation of the offshore islands. Renovate or rebuild the houses in the old style, encourage people to move there and set up businesses

Sure we'll build land bridges to them while we're at it too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Thingymebob

Forcing dole heads into community work like "caring for the elderly" or "the next job their offered" no thanks

Just no fcuking thanks I'm sick of seeing scobes like Decco and Chantelle or people from certain nations whove only come here for the lazy life coming in for a few weeks, upsetting patients, families and the good carers and management in organisations and having to be sacked cause they were forced or hassled into teh job

I’d restrict them to jobs with limited damage potential, like litter picking in parks or planting etc I’m not suggesting they take the jobs of those already employed, but add to their limited resources.
    I don't see any point in the death penalty. Just jail them for life and have them live with the guilt.
    I can - bloody well paying for them to continue breathing. At least if they’re dead, it’s one less body taking up space in jail or incurring costs.

I’d like to add to add repossessions. If you’re not paying your full mortgage payments for six months, you’re automatically notified of repossession. It’ll give you three months to catch up on all outstanding payments. If it at nine months, your mortgage is not up to date, you leave. None of this flaffing about for six years. Equally any complaint to the bank must be solved within 21 days, and all evidence requested by mortgage holders provided. The mortgage holder can bring it to the banking ombudsman within 30 days, and a ruling within 21 days. Failure by the bank to provide any requested evidence and/or a resolution will incur a fine of 5% of the debt.

Drugs: cannabis legalise but driving under the influence is automatic 1 year prison sentence. Any other hard drugs, possession is automatic 2 years prison sentence.

I’d love for someone to come up with a policy that genuinely encourages businesses to set up or operate outside of Dublin. Ireland revolves around Dublin too much, and everyone needs to benefit from the recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

devlinio wrote: »
    I agree with this. There needs to be more tax bands to cater for different amounts of incomes. 40% on everything over everything is sick.

I don't agree with USC on principle. But that way of income taxation should replace the current income tax band.

At one time it was 65% tax and also some PRSI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I can - bloody well paying for them to continue breathing. At least if they’re dead, it’s one less body taking up space in jail or incurring costs.
    Just kill them yourself then, and save the tax-payer money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The sale of Nissan Micras to be outlawed and anyone found to be driving one after a three month amnesty to be publically flogged.

Anyone found to be driving 20km/h UNDER the speed limit on National primary routes or motorways to have their cars seized and crushed.

Tailgaters to be shot on sight or at a location nominated by the affected person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Get rid of road tax for cars. Double the price of fuel to compensate. The more you drive, the more you pay. The less efficient your car, the more you pay. If you just go to mosque / shops / bingo once a week, then you pay almost nothing annually. Its road tax on the pay-as-you-go system.

Get rid of PAYE. Increase VAT. The more you spend, the more tax you contribute. Works fine in UAE, Monte Carlo, etc

Ban smoking for everyone, except tourists and those over 70. The health system will fix itself in a few years (as the majority of patients have smoking related illnesses) so loss of duty income from sales will be offset by reduced cost of HSE.

Annual Purge .... Just for the lols

Drivers Ed for school kids

First Aid for school kids

Politicians get paid average industrial wage. If they want more, they have to improve everyones wage. And they can only gave 1 pension. If they are entitled to 2, they get to choose, but they cant have both.

Bonnet mounted paint ball machine guns. lols x 2!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Necro wrote: »
    The sale of Nissan Micras to be outlawed and anyone found to be driving one after a three month amnesty to be publically flogged.
    And the first series Nissan Leaf and the Skoda Roomster(designed by Stevie Wonder. On high powered blotter acid)
    Tailgaters to be shot on sight or at a location nominated by the affected person.

The WW2 German Stuka should show us the way with a gunner at the back...

Junkers_Ju87_B_code_6G-CD_of_StG_51_rear_gunner_in_his_position.jpg

:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

A thanks button in The Cuckoos Nest

Or World Peace- whatever is more convenient.

Argh that phrase road tax makes my eye twitch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Special legal status for a body that is responsible for the delivery of key infrastructure projects, that can't under any circumstances be objected to.

The right to a home recognised in the constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sheeps wrote: »
    Special legal status for a body that is responsible for the delivery of key infrastructure projects, that can't under any circumstances be objected to.

That would be the dumbest constitutional amendment ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Computer coding for school kids
    Film studies in primary and second level schools.

lawred2 wrote: »

Nope, you're wrong but that's ok.

Nope, you're wrong but that's ok.

Yeah it would. But shur bang on with it anyway.

lawred2 wrote: »

I can see the future if this happens.

Ireland 2040

Pro-homers VS anti-homers. The next big debate...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

I’d restrict them to jobs with limited damage potential, like litter picking in parks or planting etc I’m not suggesting they take the jobs of those already employed, but add to their limited resources.

I’d like to add to add repossessions. If you’re not paying your full mortgage payments for six months, you’re automatically notified of repossession. It’ll give you three months to catch up on all outstanding payments. If it at nine months, your mortgage is not up to date, you leave. None of this flaffing about for six years. Equally any complaint to the bank must be solved within 21 days, and all evidence requested by mortgage holders provided. The mortgage holder can bring it to the banking ombudsman within 30 days, and a ruling within 21 days. Failure by the bank to provide any requested evidence and/or a resolution will incur a fine of 5% of the debt.

Drugs: cannabis legalise but driving under the influence is automatic 1 year prison sentence. Any other hard drugs, possession is automatic 2 years prison sentence.

I’d love for someone to come up with a policy that genuinely encourages businesses to set up or operate outside of Dublin. Ireland revolves around Dublin too much, and everyone needs to benefit from the recovery

Cannabis is not a magic safe drug it’s probably more dangerous than morphine or diamorphine. Why do you think the should be legal but opiates two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Cap Compensation payouts, as they do in the Netherlands. Compensation culture in Ireland has become unsustainable and encourages false claims, driving everyone's insurance rates up.

Introduce generous tax breaks for companies who provide onsite childcare.

Zero tolerance on litterbugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cartroubles

Euthanasia

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

If you want to experience that you could always go live in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Euthanasia

Use that to kill off prisoners when they reach 60. Otherwise the prisons will be full of 80 somethings who went inside when they were 20. That is if we bring in life means life. It's happening in America (not the euthanasia bit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Reptilia10

Raise the voting age to 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

hurler32 wrote: »
    social welfare benefits capped at 60,000 per family .

Please don't tell me there are families taking in more than 60k a year on social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Arm the Gardai

Leaving Cert changed to Continous Assessment over 5th and 6th Year

move people on Social Housing out of the city and have affordable rents for workers

Off Licence Hours increased but culture of drinking needs to change too

stop insurance companies penalising young drivers trying to get on the road

Gardaí on the DART at night

If you want to experience that you could always go live in China.

The democratic China where they have that or the communist China where they have that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Higher Corporation Tax Levels at a GLOBAL level. Our current system of taxing labour more than profit is leading to huge social problems.
    Decriminalisation, regulation and taxation of most recreational drugs and prostitution.
    Reinstatement of History & Geography as compulsory Junior Cycle subjects.
    Make Irish an optional subject in Secondary Level.
    Remove all vestiges of religion from our Health and Education systems.
    Abolish concurrent sentencing.
    Removal of gender from all legislation (no difference between maternity & paternity leave, no difference between sexual assault / rape etc.) and abolish sexist quangos like the Womens Council of Ireland.
    A major review of government spending: why is the taxpayer spending millions on advertising every year? Are we getting a worthwhile return from our subsidisation of greyhound racing and the horse racing industries? Can certain quangos be consolidated? Is there any need to have a couple of hundred people employed to administer our children's allowance system when it could be easily replaced by tax credits and increases in welfare? etc.

Reptilia10 wrote: »
    Raise the voting age to 30.

let me guess...

same sex marriage and abortion referenda didn't go your way?

why shouldn't young people have a say in their future? They live it longer than those older than them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Random drug testing for all public sector workers including Gardai, Nurses & TD's.

Advertisement