Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful warm sunny morning here in Meath, barely any cloud in the sky apart from haze. Enjoy the next few days. Turns cooler and unsettled from the east over the weekend and lasting possibly into June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Incredibly low humidity already at 35%

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lovely morning

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teemarie

Oh no is Saturday going to be a wet day in the south east. Met eireann just says sunny with a passing shower.🀦😬🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Teemarie wrote: »
    Oh no is Saturday going to be a wet day in the south east. Met eireann just says sunny with a passing shower.������
    Saturday: A mix of sunny spells and passing showers on Saturday in a moderate to fresh northeasterly breeze. Top temperatures of 14 to 17 degrees.

Sunday: Current indications suggest Sunday will be a mixed day with some sunshine, especially in the south of the country but also with showers. Maximum temperatures of 14 to 17 degrees, close the May average.

looks ok to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cloudy in West Clare. Hopefully it will clear.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Teemarie wrote: »
    Oh no is Saturday going to be a wet day in the south east. Met eireann just says sunny with a passing shower.������

The current warm and settled spell comes to an end on Friday. Looking more unsettled from the weekend and into next week with cool east and northerly winds with showers. Looks like the west will do best holding onto the driest and mildest of conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teemarie

Gonzo wrote: »
    The current warm and settled spell comes to an end on Friday. Looking more unsettled from the weekend and into next week with cool east and northerly winds with showers. Looks like the west will do best holding onto the driest and mildest of conditions.

Thanks, I can deal with a few showers but not a whole wet day 🀦🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

pad199207 wrote: »

Casement got down to 22% humidity earlier. Quite stunning at any time but even more so with an on shore breeze at play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Stunning day,everything just looks it's best

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1128305268662636544?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Perfect again in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely day in cork city. Warm but there is a strong enough breeze which is slightly chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Up to 19.4C in Castlebar, feeling warmer than yesterday due to a weaker breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

So much for clear blue skies and cloud a hundred miles off the West coast as shown on the weather last night. 100% overcast all day in Letterkenny :rolleyes:

Bright and fairly warm but disappointing once again

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m enjoying the summer !

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

The operational GFS 12z has a truly horrible day forecasted for Saturday and into Sunday with low pressure bang over Ireland and heavy rain all over. ICON, the GEM, ECM this morning and others have far less rain around, more showery really, which model has a better track record with this sort of thing? Is the GFS overdoing it?

Lovely day here in Dublin at the moment, not roasting but definitely t-shirt weather. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I’m sorry but I don’t find it warm at all. It’s pleasant but it’s not warm/hot. This is a personal opinion before posters start going down my throat. It’s very hazy here too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Still mild here near Tralee at 16.6C. Warmest day of this spell getting up to a very pleasant 20.2C with low humidity as others said getting down to 47% and currently 55%.

Bright sunny evening with various type clouds about.

Pic at 8.30 this morning of lenticular type cloud.

bwJL64e.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

pad199207 wrote: »

Around 55 % here. Very low for here. Some vegetation starting to show some moisture stress from lack of rainfall...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The higher cirrus over Ireland getting toppled from W to E from the shear of the Jet today.

15.3C atm, Breezy SE'ly

Sat. Pic. NASA MODIS

OucEWfR.jpg?1

CVfgVZD.png

74wlwCV.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I’m sorry but I don’t find it warm at all. It’s pleasant but it’s not warm/hot. This is a personal opinion before posters start going down my throat. It’s very hazy here too.

Yeah while its great weather it can be quite cool at times alright especially when there is cloud cover and can be quite a breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Yeah while its great weather it can be quite cool at times alright especially when there is cloud cover and can be quite a breeze

Personally I would call it pleasant like Clonmel did rather than warm for my location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Personally I would call it pleasant like Clonmel did rather than warm for my location.

Same for Cork, but most importantly it's bright and dry, everything else is a bonus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    I’m enjoying the summer !
    You're still a happy maneen so...

New Moon

I would agree and wouldn't have called today properly warm either, it was very mild to slightly warm, it felt slightly cooler than yesterday. Today reached 16C at my location, a degree down on yesterday, still a very pleasant day. I would happily take this for the rest of the month.

I don't think were going to see a summer anything remotely like last summer, but a few nice sunny days in June, July and August with SSW winds can often result in temperatures reaching the low twenties in decent sunshine with light winds.

My main wish for this summer is to finally have a decent August, those seem to be rarer than hens teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    You're still a happy maneen so...

Had to put light jacket on after 7 though to be fair
    Breeze was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

The satellite showing cloud very close to Ireland

Will tomorrow turn out cloudy like Sunday here which was supposed to be sunny in Sligo but wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

I'm really happy with this weather as I don't want it any warmer at the moment.

It's lovely and bright and bone dry which to me, is perfect.

But dreading the thoughts of a return to the muck that seems forecast from the weekend onward!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

acequion wrote: »
    I'm really happy with this weather as I don't want it any warmer at the moment.

It's lovely and bright and bone dry which to me, is perfect.

But dreading the thoughts of a return to the muck that seems forecast from the weekend onward!

we need rain. period. orange warning out for forests etc and everywhere is bone dry including my garden. Glad of the coming rain. CLEAN rain not muck!lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Have MT or Syran posted a summer forecast yet?

Advertisement