Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bolt for a savage

Options
  • 28-02-2019 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.
    I’m having problems getting anew bolt for my savage 223.
    Anyone put me in right direction. Ardee sports are supposed to be the ones to contact in Ireland regarding savage guns but they can’t get it.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Might be wasting your time asking any RFD here as any "main dealer" status for most brands has well and truly disappeared long ago.

The best bet is start with the UK. GMK, Edgar Brothers, etc. Most of them cater or supply most Irish RFDs. Failing that try mainland Europe and if all else fails the States as in Savage direct.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

when I had a savage it came from the States to Edgar Bros, nightmare of a company to work with by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Would you not have to obtain it via a RFD? It IS a pressure-bearing component, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

tac foley wrote: »
    Would you not have to obtain it via a RFD? It IS a pressure-bearing component, right?
    I don't think that an RFD is a requirement nor is there any classification code here that differentiates between pressure bearing and non pressure bearing parts.
    One you have a licence and an import licence and you pay the export 200$ then your good to go.

In fact I think that an import licence is not alway required for outside the EU if you have been issued with an Irish licence.

tac foley wrote: »

No.

His firearms license acts as his import for outside the EU, and within the EU you are still licensed so just have to import which can be done via an RFD, but also as an individual.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

When speaking with a shop in the US, granted it was a good few years ago I was told the items I wanted could only be shipped to a dealer. It might have just been that particular supplier buy not knowing any better I just went to a dealer here to get the bits for me, at a greatly increased cost than if I could have brought them in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

I got a bolt for my anschutz from outdoor sports Mullingar ... sound lads to deal with !! very helpful !!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

Slightly off topic but still related,
    Does anyone know how to breakdown the bolt on a savage for cleaning? Cant find anything online on how to open it for cleaning and inspection.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Just a a matter of interest, how exactly are you wearing out your bolts? I have a lot of rifles that are near or over a hundred years old, so far, and they don't seem to have anything wrong with them, let alone needing replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

Cass wrote: »

Thanks Cass, thats the one, I think mine is well overdue and strip down and clean!!

Advertisement