Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respawn Jedi Fallen Order

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody else have problems running this on PC, even on low settings its running crap for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody else have problems running this on PC, even on low settings its running crap for me..

Runs like sh1t on pc regardless of settings and spec, I have a 3800x paired with a 3070 no settings stop the random frame drops it gets... Actually stopped me playing it.
    Both Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding run smooth, over 100fps at max settings. They are open world massive games that look a million times better than this too, so this game has no excuse it's a bad port simple as.
    Also pretty sure support has ended so it's never gonna get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Runs like sh1t on pc regardless of settings and spec, I have a 3800x paired with a 3070 no settings stop the random frame drops it gets... Actually stopped me playing it.
    Both Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding run smooth, over 100fps at max settings. They are open world massive games that look a million times better than this too, so this game has no excuse it's a bad port simple as.
    Also pretty sure support has ended so it's never gonna get fixed.

Cheers, thought it was just me. Its stopping me playing it as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I played it last year on a i5/GTX1070, and it ran really well. Can't remember the settings, but it was mid to high on everything.

Finished it a few months ago but it played great on my rig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I got the plat a few weeks ago, loved the game personally,hope there's another one but its in dire need of a fast travel option as trying to navigate that map is a chore.

I thought it was amazing aswell. Loved the fact that it was linear to be honest. EVERY game nowadays has massive maps with a million side quests and it can become a chore. This was just great from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

ZiabR wrote: »
    I thought it was amazing aswell. Loved the fact that it was linear to be honest. EVERY game nowadays has massive maps with a million side quests and it can become a chore. This was just great from start to finish.

I'm playing for the first time at the moment and according to some research I'm coming up on halfway through the game. Apart from the stupid "ball goes here" puzzles I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'm playing for the first time at the moment and according to some research I'm coming up on halfway through the game. Apart from the stupid "ball goes here" puzzles I'm really enjoying it.

Where exactly are you? And yea those ball puzzles are only in 2 locations in the game and thankfully not too complicated.

Markitron wrote: »
    Where exactly are you? And yea those ball puzzles are only in 2 locations in the game and thankfully not too complicated.

I broke out of prison awhile back. The most recent part had plants that were attacking me, a giant Venus Fly Trap etc. Can't remember the name of the planet but its one I've been on before.

I broke out of prison awhile back. The most recent part had plants that were attacking me, a giant Venus Fly Trap etc. Can't remember the name of the planet but its one I've been on before.

You are about 2/3rds of the way through now I would say

• Advertisement

You are about 2/3rds of the way through now I would say

Oh sweet. I thought I was being conservative by saying I was about half way. The further into it I get I'm enjoying it more. You definitely feel more Jedi-like as you unlock more powers.

Oh sweet. I thought I was being conservative by saying I was about half way. The further into it I get I'm enjoying it more. You definitely feel more Jedi-like as you unlock more powers.

Yea the game does a fantastic job of making you feel powerful but still keeping the challenge intact.

Btw you unless you do absolutely everything in the game, you likely won't unlock all the powers in the skill tree, so you are best deciding now which ones you want.

I definitely won't be doing everything in the game. For the most part I'm trying to mainline it but every now and then I end up wandering away from where I should be going.

I definitely won't be doing everything in the game. For the most part I'm trying to mainline it but every now and then I end up wandering away from where I should be going.

There is one optional area that I consider to be essential, not to the plot or anything, its just a really cool area.

After you finish Kashyyk a second time, you will be able to visit the crashed Star Destroyer on Zeffo. Make sure to check it out, you can reach it from that big pool area with the monster in the centre.

There is one optional area that I consider to be essential, not to the plot or anything, its just a really cool area.

After you finish Kashyyk a second time, you will be able to visit the crashed Star Destroyer on Zeffo. Make sure to check it out, you can reach it from that big pool area with the monster in the centre.

I think I'm already past that and did that section you're on about. Quality!
    I've recommended to a few of my mates to try this game out for the intro alone. Used family share so they could try it out for free. Think I've convinced a few of them to play the whole thing now based on that first hour alone. Best opening section to a game I've ever played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finally finished this today. Really enjoyable game, and i hope Respawn make a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Kiith wrote: »
    Finally finished this today. Really enjoyable game, and i hope Respawn make a sequel.
    I'd say that's a guarantee with the massive sales numbers it had. Supposedly it's also convinced EA that single player games can actually be really profitable, too.

Kiith wrote: »
    Cina wrote: »
    I'd say that's a guarantee with the massive sales numbers it had. Supposedly it's also convinced EA that single player games can actually be really profitable, too.

At this point the sequel is an open secret, I fully expect to see it at some point next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS5 version is now available to download

Just gave it a quick go there. Seems there is no adaptive trigger support. Now has a performance and resolution option. The resolution at 60 FPS seems to be higher than the patched PS4 version. Saved game can be imported easily so I was able to continue on my PS4 save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you have a PS4/XBOX One disk version of the game, but ended up with a digital only Gen 5 console. EA will give you a free digital Gen 5 code via their help site so you can get your upgrade.

I just killed ninth sister which i think is over half way through, I'm getting more powers, but i find this game boring. Very samey samey, nothing too interesting to uncover.

I like a bit of exploration but finding ponchos or lightsaber handles doesn't do much for me. And this craic of trying to find your way back to the ship and it taking yonks after you've already done the thing is really annoying.

Maybe as I'm older with limited time, i just want to get a good story that doesn't take forever with the same crap happening like Assassins Creed, and if it is an explore gane that you can put 50+ hours into then i want novelty like RDR.

I'm not a big star wars fan though swinging around a light saber should be entertaining. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if i was.

I feel like powering through miserably now as I've put time into it, but I've downloaded Control and just want to play that really.

Advertisement