Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence renewal problems

Options
  • 27-02-2019 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Posting this for my father who is not computer literate.

My father received his renewal form recently and has asked me to complete it for him.

His date of birth is wrong on it and also his phone number. Can I just correct them and send off the form or does he need to contact the Gardai first?

Thanks for you help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

I just corrected the renewal form.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Just correct them.

The FCR is pre-populated, but it's also there to make sure the details you have are correct. I've changed/corrected phone numbers, serial numbers, etc. and returned it. Received the license soon after with the amended details on it instead of the incorrect ones that were on the FCR.

A funny/odd side note. My licenses had the correct details on it yet, and it was just the once or twice, the FCR had the wrong details on it. Makes you wonder how it happened.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement