Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Buy/Sell/Swap Meet Up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Homer

sparrowcar wrote: »
    If in Dublin I'm in.
    I've missed the past few meet ups for various reasons but Homer has told me they've been great fun. He told me about that one that everyone got naked and there was baby oil everywhere... sounded great.

The first rule of watchclub :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Ok so all comments have mentioned Dublin. So how about wherever there was a successful meet up before? Were previous meet ups in a pub in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

sparrowcar wrote: »
    If in Dublin I'm in.
    I've missed the past few meet ups for various reasons but Homer has told me they've been great fun. He told me about that one that everyone got naked and there was baby oil everywhere... sounded great.

Nah he is telling porkies, we are real wis's and don't touch that baby oil stuff.

Real watch guys slather themselves in Moebius when we meet up :D

4kNWkn1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭893bet

shutup wrote: »
    Ok so all comments have mentioned Dublin. So how about wherever there was a successful meet up before? Were previous meet ups in a pub in town?

Best to take that discussion to PM.

There has been a few strange characters banned on here so less they know the better! Also no point advertising a crowd of lads with some potentially expensive piece location. You never know who is reading!

Hope it goes well.

Will bring his hulk and porridge.

• Advertisement

good advice thanks. Will wait for a bit more interest and try to lock something in

There is a good Dublin City centre location that has been used a number of times in the past and works very well I feel. Once we have any interest we can discuss via PM. A date or potential dates is probably the first thing that needs to be identified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭seaking

when and where is this i would like to attend . please pm me . . cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

I would advise some sort of vetting/member sponsor for this, it only takes one bad person to to divulge the meeting location, with watches worth so much it's an easy target for the gangs to plan a theft, following peeps home etc. That's my two cents anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I agree. Basically this is for regulars of the forum who we all know. Apologies, but that's how it has to be for obvious reasons outlined above. A suggestion was put to me about not going Dublin city centre as a few members are apparently more westerly based?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Wibbs wrote: »
    I agree. Basically this is for regulars of the forum who we all know. Apologies, but that's how it has to be for obvious reasons outlined above. A suggestion was put to me about not going Dublin city centre as a few members are apparently more westerly based?

So, for us fly-by-nights, how does one go about being vetted?

Before whose tent should a I appear, washed and lightly fragranced?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:D I take bribes.

To be fair L, you're around here a fair amount. I meant people who we don't know, one post people.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Wibbs wrote: »
    :DI take bribes.

To be fair L, you're around here a fair amount. I meant people who we don't know, one post people.

Well, it's good to know you are.. malleable. :)

I'm of a westerly direction from the city too, so that would suit too.

Waaaay off topic posts deleted. Let's get back to the topic of the meet up. Thanks.

(Was just about to post a pic of my 8500 movement beside that POS).

I would be more interested in a westerly meet.

Athlone/Galway/limerick locationish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I'm up for it, just need a list of what watches and there valuations before I commit... I mean turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I'd be up for a dublin area meet up, if there's a pm list and I'm not too much of a forum n00B, please let me know whats agreed upon.

On the Dublin front whereabouts are most people located? Central Dublin is grand an all, but maybe somewhere more suburban close to where most are might be better on a few levels.

South suburbs suits me too. PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Fair play shutup, really great to see another meet up being organised. I have been wanting to post as i would definitely like to go as i really enjoyed meeting with Homer last year,really grateful to him for showing up at short notice as i made a bit of a mess of the organising :o really nice guy with some great watches and great to chat about our interests.

I understand that it is for regular posters which is only fair and I am sorry i have not been around much(still lurking though :p), also i won't have anything to sell /swap and not looking to buy as i very happy still with my Bell-Matic. I hope all goes well.Be sure to post some pictures up.

Thank you,

Keith.

• Advertisement

IP, you are a "regular poster" and well known around the place, and have had dealings with the actual weirdos behind the username. And survived without the need for therapy. :D You should come along if you're free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

im for the suburbs as well. a quiet hotel perhaps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

emo72 wrote: »
    im for the suburbs as well. a quiet hotel perhaps.

Perhaps somewhere along the M50, makes it easier for us the culchie cousins to find it.:o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

If I’m off work whatever day this is planned Dublin city or suburbs suit me. I can do either option.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

Based in North Central Dublin, should be able to do M50 as it's on my commute. Really depends on what I have on that day tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If people don't intend on drinking and are going to drive, outskirts of Dublin would probably be better, If beers are happening, then I reckon city centre. Somewhere with parking nearby for the drivers.
    I won't be going, but just a suggestion.

Does who posts here run an independent watch repair, service or sales business?
    I’m thinking someone like Chris from ichrono.ie or John Donohoe.
    Well if so or if anyone knows these guys, let them know about this meet up. If they were interested in coming along they might get some business out of us. And could maybe do some sort of Q and A for those of us who don’t know much about watches etc

blue5000 wrote: »
    Perhaps somewhere along the M50, makes it easier for us the culchie cousins to find it.:o

Agreed. Quite a few hotel bars and lobbys just off the M50.

Just keeping this in play. How does sometime in April sound?

• Advertisement

Good for me. Once we have a potential date I can look to make sure it’s kept free in the diary. Can we add a poll for potential dates and then firm up on the venue?

Advertisement