Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Nature Pictures I Took Recently - II (Seasonal Photos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Female House Sparrow Kerry yesterday.

gEzuMAB.jpg?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Bar-Tailed Godwit and Oystercatcher from yesterday.

V8RAG06.jpg?1

zHy0FaX.jpg?2

Sanderling and a single Turnstone I think, pic taken over the weekend.

kDny53e.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Lolie, thanks for the Bobby and robbie pictures have you named the new pair??

meteorite58 I love the perspective on Your Great tit and giant redapple picture, Did the greattit fallasleep after devouring the apple and is waiting for a Princetit....

Thanks again to all the photo contributers on this thread...

Metroite I also like your birds in flight over tralee bay pics, gives a great sense of freedom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

pottokblue wrote: »
    Lolie, thanks for the Bobby and robbie pictures have you named the new pair??

meteorite58 I love the perspective on Your Great tit and giant redapple picture, Did the greattit fallasleep after devouring the apple and is waiting for a Princetit....

Thanks again to all the photo contributers on this thread...

Going to echo this ... this thread is the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks everyone!

Brent Geese in Tralee Bay over the weekend.

00DrF1M.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

RTE has launched a wildlife photography competition ... lots of possible winners on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Dunnock
    TqApRMt.jpg

I had a nice walk today and was lucky to see 4different robins (3hourswalk) whenever I see a robin I always imagine its the soul of my father paying me a quick visit to check in on me! Silly I know but just the way and today 2/4 robins weren't shy.
    My regular walk is canalbank and sadly no robins but the grey heron was back (after a few walks of not spotting) the grey heron reminds me of an old Chinese philosopher.

Newwave. Lolie, tercel, Metorite and many more on this thread I hope you're going to enter the RTe competition mentioned by Odeta above...

• Advertisement

Ringed Plover over the weekend.

4B2VqQR.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

No idea what bird this is, any idea?

Q0UbQUn_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

Think it might be a Snipe.

Whooper Swans in flight
    O9Oxkhy.jpg

Rockpipit I believe. Today in Tralee Bay.

27poc1o.jpg?1

Wagtail

0TYNTpm.jpg?1

Redshank today.

a3uaEfk.jpg?1

Curlew today.

tuzuLAE.jpg?1

Flock of Bar-Tailed Godwit today.

UMbuDOu.jpg?1

Watching Grey Crows picking up Molluscs and dropping them from a height onto rocks on the shoreline near Ballyheigue today.

TRZOwDu.jpg?1

4LWA2uT.jpg?1

QoByu9V.jpg?1

Ringed Plover from yesterday.

Sue0ivK.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Great Tit
    tYC5dWv.jpg

This little guy was parked on the house gutter. Shot taken through kitchen window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Nowhere near the quality of some photos on here but I’m learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Two robins in the first photo - one on the GAA net and the other mid flight.

Pipmae love your robins at home pictures...

Anybody see the photo in the weekend supplement of Irish times of "Fox and kingfisher" beside the dodder??? and the cloud watching photo. I'm watching the clouds outside my window what is the name of airplane line cloud??

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

pottokblue wrote: »
    .....what is the name of airplane line cloud??

Condensation Trails, usually shortened to Contrails.....

Today in the garden here in Kerry.

OtAWL6a.jpg?1

Heron Fishing
    qGdPcdU.jpg

Tpxe1JK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

NEW WAVE wrote: »

Heron Fishing

Did 'he' manage to eat that New Wave?.....

kjZWT1m.jpg

No problem this was the second large trout the heron managed to catch in the space of an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Thud

A few from last year i never posted...

539973.png

539967.jpeg

539966.jpeg

539970.jpeg

539969.jpeg

Advertisement