Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic starts 10.03.19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh can I get DR access please? Just in case I get on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Soooooooooo...........any tips for the newbies?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kitten_k wrote: »
    Great to see so many new players - hopefully they will give ye old timers a run for your money

They'll be in tears because of us newbies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Don't be a forum mod. They die first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

As this is a anonymous game, players may take 2nd glance at those claiming newbie.

Never be afraid to pm the mods, and cc them all. If somebody says 'sure, thats just WIFOM, first port of call for a newbie would be to google or pm to mods, what the hell is wifom.

Then again, as a real newbie, you would be telling the truth, so can play the newbie card with ease, as its truthful, so maybe not holding back is an effective strategy too, and will allow you to get the size of those saying you are just playing the newbie.

this might be the game where we have 20 newbies playing, that'd be lots of fun to try to pull off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mainly have fun and just roll with it. It'll probably seem weird the first time and players can get jargony with WW so, in the benefit of some friendly advice the following phrases mean:

FFA - select three players you think are the most wolfy within the group

ISO - to isolate and analyse another players posts

Munch - referred to as the morning kill

SK - pretty obvious but means they're talking about the serial killer if one is included in the game

Lynch - what we all vote on for the evenings, who you think is most wolfy.

Peek - this is an action by a player known as the seer where they get to learn a players role or alignment depending on the rule set.

I could go into the really nitty gritty stuff like TWTBAW (too wolfy to be a wolf) but don't want to confuse you folks too much.

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:
    Don't be a forum mod. They die first.

What's the excuse for killing me then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »
    What's the excuse for killing me then :(

The count down clock.

Necro wrote:
    What's the excuse for killing me then

You shot me in cold blood necro. Never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh actually do you want me to be a mentor? *adopts superman pose*

Like I said I won't have time to play I don't think but I should be ok to help someone with questions.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote:
    The count down clock.

If you smellllllllll

What The Clock.

IS.

Counting Down To.

:P

Pter wrote:
    You shot me in cold blood necro. Never forget.

Oh yeah :o

For new people, Necro once made up a claim that he had the role of the clock from countdown. He then posted in the persona of the clock for a night. It was not a good time.

Just kill EVERYONE!

Except me. I’m good and a newbie along with the other 19 players (thanks for ruining my game plan, Keith :D)

They'll be in tears because of us newbies :pac:

A few more tips,
    feel free to ask questions on any of this.

Seeing you have 65k+ posts, seems to suggest you post a lot elsewhere on boards.
    On laptop for me, I use a different than my normal browser, usually in incognito/private mode for the anon account and playing the game.
    A lot of the players just give up their norm accounts for the week, or for as long as they are alive in the game.

I find the above method the best for simultaneous playing an anon game and posting from my standard account.
    Don't subscribe/follow the game thread with your standard account.

Pter wrote:
    For new people, Necro once made up a claim that he had the role of the clock from countdown. He then posted in the persona of the clock for a night. It was not a good time.

Thank the Lord I'm anon this time now :pac:

Which will last for... all of five mins probably.

I heard sKeith is running a pool on how long it'll take me to crack :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Just get stuck in and enjoy yourselves. The worst that can happen is that you die but you then get to go to the deadroom where all the dead go to laugh at the ineptitude of the living.

You’ll likely be accused of being a Wolf at some point (whether you are one or not). It could be because you slipped up on something or it could be just someone ‘shaking the trees’ to see how you’ll react to being accused. Feel free do do your own ‘shaking’ if you feel so inclined.

Or the mods can block your name from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Signups will close at midday followed by an important announcement.

Kolido wrote:
    Signups will close at midday followed by an important announcement.

Suppose I'd better put on some pants then. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro wrote: »
    Mainly have fun and just roll with it. It'll probably seem weird the first time and players can get jargony with WW so, in the benefit of some friendly advice the following phrases mean:

SK - pretty obvious but means they're talking about the serial killer if one is included in the game

:D

I was full convinced that SK meant sKeith in the last game and then could not follow why people were accusing sKeith of being SK. TLAs are hard!

Is there a reason you are holding back an important announcement?

If it's important, why are you not just sharing it already?

Its there a causal relationship between announcement and sign ups closure or why does it matter that the announcement follows signup closures, again falling back to, if its important, why hold back?

TL;DR It's been my experience to date, that delayed important announcements are usually not important at all, as if it was important, i'd know about it already.

Well I finally put some pants on. Just in time for the big announcement :P

FOUR MINUTES LATE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Signups are now closed. Thanks to everyone who signed up.

The Mods would like to announce that this game will be a Midnight Launch.

PMs will go out tomorrow from 9pm and game will go live at midnight (Sunday 12:00am)

Midnight Launch. Love it. Been to a few of those in my time :)

Kolido wrote: »
    Signups are now closed. Thanks to everyone who signed up.

The Mods would like to announce that this game will be a Midnight Launch.

PMs will go out tomorrow from 9pm and game will go live at midnight (Sunday 12:00am)

Just to be sure, is this before or after Sunday? (Have I just eaten Saturday dinner or Sunday dinner?)

Nice! Drunk WW posting is fun, haven't done it in a while now :D

Why do i eat dinner so late?

• Advertisement

Is that midnight Saturday night or midnight Sunday night? Thank feck the clocks not going forward this weekend.

What’s for dinner Keith?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement