Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The pitch side camera showed that visibility is slightly better on the ground. But it must be impossible to see from higher up in the stands at Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Are you allowed play the ball with your feet like that on a counter ruck?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Why come onto a munster thread to complain about munster fans? What's your goal there?

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

thread banned for 2 weeks. Post in this thread again before that and it’ll be a forum ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Very early for Casey to come off. Wonder was that an injury concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Shehal

This ref must have stuck a fiver on Toulouse before kick off.

Nash has very good balance going into contact. Keeps on his feet and can power through tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ya, himself and Haley have a serious of ability to keep making ground through traffic

Ah so its only a penalty for swinging around when Munster do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Yeah he's been great this year.

There's a piece on him in today's ST basically saying he was delighted when JVG resigned.

Ah bollocks anyway

That's unfortunate. Just squirts out of the ruck from a Munster boot and Toulouse counter attack making their way from one 22 to the other.

Toulouse look more like scoring from Munster's attacks than Munster do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭blackcard

Ultimately the superiority of the Toulouse maul has been decisive

Crazy from Dupont.

Big chance for the win here.

Edit; and then crazy by Frisch. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Carbery - Crowley axis has been game changing

Ref has been kind to Toulouse imo

Feels like there was an overlap on but when the ball went to the forwards they panicked a bit and went for contact instead.

JOD had a bit of a howler of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭testtech05

Frisch has been very good recently but thought he had a poor enough game today

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think that second half showed a bit of a gap between the 2 sides. Toulouse totally dominated it, though didn’t translate dominance to points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Someone ought to inform Ridley that kicking the ball in the ruck is an offence. Happy enough with the performance despite the loss. There's a definite improvement in our attacking play.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭LRind2008

JOD never fails to amaze me at how many howlers he can have in such a short space of time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

An awful lot of positives for Munster there. Think having Crowley at 12 transformed Munster and made it easier for Carberry too. Nash is having a brilliant season, you can see why Farrell likes him. Thought Coombes went well today and did surprisingly well in the row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭letowski

Yeah better team won in the end. Toulouse’s tactics were really clever in the second half, kick into the fog and attack the scrums and mauls.

Munster are improving but still much work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

I'd have to agree on that. He makes too many mistakes. Great engine but prone to a few howlers as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

One thing I'm disappointed by so far under Rowntree is ruck protection while in possession. Even the last few weeks while performances have really come on, too much ball got lost at the breakdown. For me, that's what determined the result tonight. Munster would get momentum going, but inevitably Toulouse would target an under-resourced ruck and turnover ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

At the end of the game it's as expected I guess, Munster moving in the right direction but over powered by Toulouse.

A bit more rub of the green from the ref, I thought POM was poor with him today, and they may have got closer to winning.

Id like to see them bring back a bit of the old dog when playing the ref to his/her limit. Toulouse did that well today, Munster are still a bit green in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭mun1

Funniest bit on RTE was Hurley asking Heaslip “to put your Leinster hat on for a minute “ comment. Eddie was laughing and in fairness heaslip tried to keep a straight face.

another brain dead moment by JOD at a critical time in the match . He seen DuPont in front of him and all he could think was to try to smash through him while also running away from his support.

munster had some nice touches but no cutting edge in the centres when it mattered near the Toulouse line. Subs speeded up the game but all looked a bit panicked , especially playing tap ons in our own 22.

carbery looked good today, lovely range of passing , Nash also very good, as was Haley. Forwards were suffocated but battled gamely throughout.

Toulouse didn't have to do a lot to win it , but did deserve it.

Advertisement