Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Mc Love wrote: »
    Hopefully MR dont renew the deal with Lifestyle Sports
    Lifestyle don't make or design the shirts. Why should the end their deal with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

dregin wrote: »
    Lifestyle don't make or design the shirts. Why should the end their deal with them?

They've been awful with stock. They seem to cancel or limit orders almost immediately after launch to stop them being left with the old stuff.

But these Adidas jerseys are absolutely putrid. Doesn't look good for Leinster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Lifestyle are a shop? why would they stop selling via Lifestyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

dregin wrote: »

Lifestyle pick and choose what they want to stock.
    This season's training gear is a beauty but they only stock in in player's fit.
    Which is handy enough for training / gym wear but not leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Lifestyle are a shop? why would they stop selling via Lifestyle?

Presumably he meant the exclusive rights deal with Lifestyle.

• Advertisement

troyzer wrote: »
    They've been awful with stock. They seem to cancel or limit orders almost immediately after launch to stop them being left with the old stuff.

The jersey are not great compared to Canterbury. But then the club has to sign off

But the other sportswear with branding is better. Tracksuits etc with addidas are a lot better than anything Canterbury came out with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

The jersey are not great compared to Canterbury. But then the club has to sign off

But the other sportswear with branding is better. Tracksuits etc with addidas are a lot better than anything Canterbury came out with

You reckon? I got the jacket and one of the jumpers last year and they just felt cheap and were very expensive.

Canterbury wasn't great either there in fairness.

You reckon? I got the jacket and one of the jumpers last year and they just felt cheap and were very expensive.

Canterbury wasn't great either there in fairness.

Track suit bottoms and stuff like that.....decent quality but look a lot better than anything Canterbury had

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't look great now at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

razorblunt wrote: »
    Presumably he meant the exclusive rights deal with Lifestyle.

Agreed thanks razorblunt! Other retailers such as independent sports shops would be getting my business or other online retailers that can offer more merchandise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I kinda like them...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

No 2 stars on the jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

€110 for the players home jersey? Get ****ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

davo2001 wrote: »

I haven't bought a jersey for years for this exact reason. The prices are outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

"Old" jersey is now €40 if anyone is interested and if you're a member of the MRSC you can get it for €36.

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/adult-munster-home-jersey-2018-19-57813541.html

davo2001 wrote: »

Has 80 euro option

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Limerick91 wrote: »

They've never put stars on the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm not really a jersey person but I like them, the away one looks great but if I buy a Munster jersey I like to buy a red one and I really like the new home jersey with the full coloured logo.

The collar isn't a huge issue for me but I can see why people might be annoyed that it doesn't have one.

I might ask Santa for one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Limerick91 wrote: »

We don't put stars on our Pro14 gear

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

€80 (€72 for MRSC) is madness for a jersey, how much do they even cost to make? I do like the 'PSG' one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

€80 (€72 for MRSC) is madness for a jersey, how much do they even cost to make? I do like the 'PSG' one.

I have no idea how people are taken aback by the prices every single year. It's not like they haven't been extortionately expensive for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I have no idea how people are taken aback by the prices every single year. It's not like they haven't been extortionately expensive for years.

Very true.

I doubt they cost that much if you can buy a knock off with a sewn in crest and Adidas sponsor for less than 15 euro

I doubt they cost that much if you can buy a knock off with a sewn in crest and Adidas sponsor for less than 15 euro

How much does Munster make from those knock off jerseys?

The pre-order for Leinster is up at 75 quid.....

All us poor Leinster fans can afford to splash the cash like you rich Munster fans

They should introduce quality control at the stadium.....

Anyone with knock off jerseys out the door.....

You dont need to buy the newest and greatest, they always reduce last years stock. At least the stuff from last year will still count towards jersey sales

phog wrote: »
    How much does Munster make from those knock off jerseys?

They have their deal with Lifestyle to back them up surely? How much money that Lifestyle get for the jerseys goes back to Munster?
    They should introduce quality control at the stadium.....

Anyone with knock off jerseys out the door.....

You dont need to buy the newest and greatest, they always reduce last years stock. At least the stuff from last year will still count towards jersey sales

Haha are you a stand up comedian??

They have their deal with Lifestyle to back them up surely? How much money that Lifestyle get for the jerseys goes back to Munster?

That deal is surely dependent on what jerseys are sold by official retailers and would certainly not include knock off jerseys

phog wrote: »
    That deal is surely dependent on what jerseys are sold by official retailers and would certainly not include knock off jerseys

I think it was the same poster who had this discussed on the Munster thread last year.......its the same argument been used now as it was last time....

The deal is based on how many jerseys the company can sell. So buying knock off's mean that next time Munster try to negotiate they get less money. He/She posted the same stupid things about Lifestyle the last time as well.

Mr Mclove knows this already but anytime a jersey is mentioned on thread is fires up the same thing.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I think the necks will be fine, it just doesn't help that the pics are of two skinny lads with long necks.

Advertisement