Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

The stars

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's widely reported Connacht are set to change their entire XV.

This 23 played against Ulster:

15. John Porch
    14. Peter Sullivan
    13. Tom Farrell
    12. Bundee Aki
    11. Alex Wootton
    10. Jack Carty
    9. Kieran Marmion
    1. Denis Buckley
    2. Dave Heffernan
    3. Finlay Bealham
    4. Ultan Dillane
    5. Gavin Thornbury
    6. Eoghan Masterson
    7. Jarrad Butler (c)
    8. Paul Boyle

16. Jonny Murphy
    17. Jordan Duggan
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Niall Murray
    20. Conor Oliver
    21. Stephen Kerins
    22. Conor Dean
    23. Tom Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That would be very odd given they've nothing to play for and it's their last game for a few months.

You'd think they'd look to go out with a bang. Conspiracy theories will have a field day if they put out a second string side. Does the league no favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Buer wrote: »
    That would be very odd given they've nothing to play for and it's their last game for a few months.

You'd think they'd look to go out with a bang. Conspiracy theories will have a field day if they put out a second string side. Does the league no favours.

But equally, you have guys who have not kicked a ball in anger in 6 months and they need a run out too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Friend said before the first game that there would be 2 different 15s for both games. The 2 people who trained best in each position will get a start. Thornbury and Buckley were the only injuries mentioned but I thought it looked like Masterson went off for a hia too.
    The conspiracy theorists should go back and fanboy over Trump and Q and leave rugby alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,718 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

One of the guests on the Off The Ball rugby podcast spoke about Connacht last Monday. Andy Friend has challenged the squad to impress him over the two fixtures. He wants to see who can be relied upon when next season begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

But equally, you have guys who have not kicked a ball in anger in 6 months and they need a run out too.

Given the break coming up they don’t need a run out but I’d agree they deserve one after training

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

* Sorry, meant to quote Former Former!

Fair enough, but this is about the integrity of the league. If Scarlets win with or without a bonus point, they will be depending on a Connacht win to help them secure a semi-final place.

It's hardly too much to expect that Connacht put out a full-strength side, is it?

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    * Sorry, meant to quote Former Former!

Fair enough, but this is about the integrity of the league. If Scarlets win with or without a bonus point, they will be depending on a Connacht win to help them secure a semi-final place.

It's hardly too much to expect that Connacht put out a full-strength side, is it?

Nah, no team is putting out a full strength side back to back with the possible exception of the Scarlets nor should they be expected to.

Friend's comments suggest he had a pre-planned approach to these games and is using them as prep for next season. It does the league no favours but it's a reasonable decision.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The league's integrity is slightly skewed anyway with the conference system and the inter-country derbies. (Throw in the Covid situation with unfulfilled fixtures this year and it's even moreso; not a criticism, just the way it had to be).

I think more gets made of it in a situation like this as it's distilled down to one match, rather than viewed across a full league campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Nah, no team is putting out a full strength side back to back with the possible exception of the Scarlets nor should they be expected to.

Friend's comments suggest he had a pre-planned approach to these games and is using them as prep for next season. It does the league no favours but it's a reasonable decision.

Hmmnn... well if Scarlets and the WRU are happy with that arrangement then who am I to argue? :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the welsh are never in a place to complaint about the integrity of the league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    Hmmnn... well if Scarlets and the WRU are happy with that arrangement then who am I to argue? :)

The Welsh are never happy about anything. Unless the English blow them a kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

yerrahbah wrote: »

That’s a cracking looking jersey, I hope Adidas can manage a good Leinster one too.

maddness wrote: »
    That’s a cracking looking jersey, I hope Adidas can manage a good Leinster one too.

They already have:
    https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/leinster-rugby/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImvHd0vq46wIVyLTtCh3P0A0TEAAYASAAEgJrsvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

pity they put those silly fecking stors on the jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

2smiggy wrote: »
    why?
    Toulouse, Leinster, Sarries, Toulon all have them so why not Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

2smiggy wrote: »

Go back to D4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Go back to D4

Hey, we work damn hard to move them on. Stop sending them right back.

That is one lovely jersey I have to say. Would be delighted with something like that in blue. Our new home one isn't far off I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

yerrahbah wrote: »

Add item to basket €80
    Apply MRSC discount -€8
    Apply bday gift card -€50

Total €22 FTW :pac::pac::pac:

Team named:

Munster: Shane Daly; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Fineen Wycherley, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Jack O’Donoghue, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Jack O’Sullivan.

Is Gallagher injured?

Didn't come off the bench last week and now not in the 23 at all. Slightly ominous.

Is Gallagher injured?

Didn't come off the bench last week and now not in the 23 at all. Slightly ominous.

I don't believe he's been mentioned in any of the injury updates, so it seems like he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

aloooof wrote: »
    I don't believe he's been mentioned in any of the injury updates, so it seems like he's fit.

Both Gallaghers missing in each selections without being listed injured.
    Conspiracy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm guessing score difference is the killer for us even with a BP win on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Edinburgh have more games one also.
    Losing to them in Musgrave Park (albeit we had a weaker team that night) has cost us here.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

Matches won. Edinburgh have 11 wins, Munster 9.

They went into tonight knowing they could lose by 100 and still top the pool. I'm surprised they went with as strong a team as they did even if they did just go through the motions.

Advertisement