Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish winner in Euromillions 175 million..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

You could build a wall around your house so high nobody would ever bother you, arrive and leave by chopper.

Racist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

lawred2 wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's a very defeatist attitude to be fair. One ticket in this country is worth €175 million so why can't it be your syndicate ?

Not really defeatist. The odds are quite clearly against us.

Unless you play the lotto in seasons in thurles they sold both a 7 million and 17 million winners in the space of 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

lawred2 wrote: »
    Not really defeatist. The odds are quite clearly against us.

But the odds have been cut drastically, you were competing against the rest of Europe, now you know you're only competing against the few people in Ireland who bought a ticket.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Best of luck to whoever won it . Massive amount of money , scary really . Hope they didn't die of shock when they realized they had the winning ticket :)

Still hoping it's me. You can have a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

It was me who won lads. I dunno if I can be bothered to claim....Pocket change!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Apparently it was someone who I think doesn't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

140,000,000/1 - seriously, how lucky is that person/those people. Fantastic win altogether. Biggest winner of the euromillions in Ireland ever. 14th time Ireland has won it in as many years since it's inception. Oh for a teeny weeny slice of that pie. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Delighted,hope it's someone who deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Still hoping it's me. You can have a million.

I hope it is you too !

And thanks but no thank you , a million is a scary number too .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What this crap I'm locked out of the app and please contact us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

fritzelly wrote: »

YOU’VE WON!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

YOU’VE WON!!

Here's hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

fritzelly wrote: »

Nice lad that Fritzelly. Remember the night he won the Lotto he gave away half it on AH.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I hope it is you too !

And thanks but no thank you , a million is a scary number too .

You could help others. Funnily when I imagine winning, I think of all the people I can help, not what I can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If you did it online/via app, you would have received an email by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You could help others. Funnily when I imagine winning, I think of all the people I can help, not what I can buy.

Ha , I do too !
    Half a million is a manageable number to me . Enough to help a lot of people in different ways .
    Life changing amounts of money don't always have to have a gazillion zeroes in them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Well folks,in the words of that great song writer Shaggy,it wasn't me,but whoever it is good health to u

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Saw poster in shop today for it and didn't have the money to buy a ticket. Seems like I am too poor to get rich. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd buy Bono and donate him to the Brits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Thats a mind boggling amount of money. If it was me I'd torch my own house for a laugh just to annoy the neighbours

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Racist

This, I would become a complete racist. I am already 65% there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So you look at the numbers and realise you have won that kind of money...what do you do with the ticket until you can get it to the National Lottery, or wherever you take it? Put it on your bedside table, but what if the house caught fire and you didn't have time to grab it, or the lights were all gone and it fell on the floor, or one of the kids came in and decided to scribble on it. Would you just sit and mind it all night. Then you leave it down while you go and get tidied up to go to Dublin and...well anything could happen. It doesn't bear thinking about, not worth it really. Safer not to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

looksee wrote: »
    So you look at the numbers and realise you have won that kind of money...what do you do with the ticket until you can get it to the National Lottery, or wherever you take it? Put it on your bedside table, but what if the house caught fire and you didn't have time to grab it, or the lights were all gone and it fell on the floor, or one of the kids came in and decided to scribble on it. Would you just sit and mind it all night. Then you leave it down while you go and get tidied up to go to Dublin and...well anything could happen. It doesn't bear thinking about, not worth it really. Safer not to win.

You stuff it in your bra

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

You just guard it with ur life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Buy online. Total anonymity and no fear of losing your ticket either. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

What do you do if you're on the way to Abbey Street (Lotto HQ) with the ticket in your wallet and a couple of scrotes pull a knife on you, demanding your wallet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I'd buy the country a lowlife and scumbag assisination taskforce. Do Dublin & the surrounding countries a favour and have half the scumbags just taken out. Free up a few hundred million in legal aid annually and let the OAPs sleep safely in their houses at night.

Sadly I didnt buy a ticket do its not going to happen anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I'd buy the country a lowlife and scumbag assisination taskforce. Do Dublin & the surrounding countries a favour and have half the scumbags just taken out. Free up a few hundred million in legal aid annually and let the OAPs sleep safely in their houses at night.

You don't need the lotto, you have my vote. A few counties will do, just as south as Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Surrounding countries, money won’t go too far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,863 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Rumour mill will go into overdrive.

Anyone else hesrd it was bought in Liffey Valley?

Advertisement