Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish winner in Euromillions 175 million..

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Would definitely struggle to tell family members even though ideally I'd want to declare a syndicate and share it evenly, because I know at least 2 of them wouldn't be able to keep quiet about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

El_Bee wrote: »
    I was about to come here and ask if they came out publicly themselves, that's pretty scummy thing to do to, smacks of bitterness and jealousy to try to ruin their lives like that.

Might not be jealousy, the person is probably just a huge gossip. Shítty thing to do regardless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

All eyes will be on Lottery HQ later in the week when the money will be ready (yep its 2019) and the syndicate will visit....one of the winners says it's like being in jail...

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/revealed-busy-dublin-city-centre-shop-sells-winning-10m-lotto-ticket-37850723.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jesus, so you are easily ahead in money invested !
    Very strange statistical anomaly Wibbs, you must have a good Aura!*
    ;)

* I don't believe this shite
    Neither do I H, but feck knows what's going on. Though I remember reading somewhere that people who have won the big prize lotto once are more likely to win it again. Quick oul search gives me this. Mad or wha? All I can tell you is though I've never won jaysus I'm buying a DaVinci tomorrow money, when I do buy a ticket(one line quick pick with plus, though I have no idea what that means) I win something on the regular.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,549 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Three months on and I haven't heard of any disaster happening to the winners. There is another big jackpot up for grabs on Friday 7 June, €130 million Megadraw.

Why anyone would take winning that amount as a secret to the grave is beyond me, but we are all different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I have my reasons.

Shít, I've said too much:eek:

It's a lot of money to hide, but it's also an awfully big target to put on your back. If it was me, I think I'd give it a couple of months and then come clean to having won a smaller amount (obviously I'd tell me family and close friends the truth and throw them a small fortune, but in "public" id say I won a million or something.....then park my gold plated lambo a few doors down outside a neighbours gaf :D)

Long story short - it's a problem I'd gladly deal witrh!

Advertisement