Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 yr old parents told to bring him for thearpy due to behaviour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

tretorn wrote: »

The staff prefer little biddable girls and not rowdy boys .

Do they now ? Fascinating

All creche staff in all Ireland or is it an international study you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭victor8600

redcatstar wrote: »
    My grandson is 26 months and at creche they have told his parents to bring him for thearpy ....

Well, they cannot tell the parents to bring him to therapy. However, it may be a good idea nonetheless to get the kid tested for ADHD or other behavioural issues by a psychologist.

If it turns out that your grandson is fine, then it could be that this particular creche is not suitable for him. If he has ADHD, then there are specific ways to manage it which staff in the creche should know. Or they can apply for a Special Need Assistant to work with them.

In any case, doing nothing in this case is a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭redcatstar

Wow , what a read that was , mostly great advice thank you for , you know who you are, I may be the op but I also have worked with children for over 30 years, and in truth I have never met a child who behaved well 100% of the time, nor would I expect it, I would be worried more about that 1 well behaved child than I would of those who try to pull the wool over our eyes or hit ,kick, scream etc.
    Now we are talking about a 2 yr old not Suarez the footballer who likes to bite, all children need to feel their way in life, everyone gets angry etc it's an emotion That We All Have. Now back to my grandson lovely adorable lively emotional child that he is, app has been made with phn, creche have been rang and I agree he might need play therapy or speech lanaguage therapy, I am emotionally involved in this that is why I posted this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

redcatstar wrote: »
    Wow , what a read that was , mostly great advice thank you for , you know who you are, I may be the op but I also have worked with children for over 30 years, and in truth I have never met a child who behaved well 100% of the time, nor would I expect it, I would be worried more about that 1 well behaved child than I would of those who try to pull the wool over our eyes or hit ,kick, scream etc.
    Now we are talking about a 2 yr old not Suarez the footballer who likes to bite, all children need to feel their way in life, everyone gets angry etc it's an emotion That We All Have. Now back to my grandson lovely adorable lively emotional child that he is, app has been made with phn, creche have been rang and I agree he might need play therapy or speech lanaguage therapy, I am emotionally involved in this that is why I posted this

A suggestion is maybe to get his hearing tested too . Often if they can't hear properly it frustrates them and they show it in bad behaviour

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

This thread has become unhelpful. Closing it .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement