Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity Werewolf - Get Me Out Of Here!!! (February Werewolf Game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

tritium wrote: »
    So, interesting situation

Barney peeks good

Immediately after gets a letter

Calls G&R as bad

If Barney is legit and letter is legit then we get a wolf

If not then suspicion is on either Barney or an unknown letter writer

If Barney’s bad then whip is bad.

Principle of self resolution would seem to say next step is to get rid of G&R and see what happens from there. G&R of course can make a case against that course.

Have I missed anything?

The letter references my being peeked good by Whiplash too, with that apparently being the reason I was sent the letter.

Also, getting rid of G&R would only prove if the letter was fake or not. Nothing else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

No indication of who the letter came from?

If G&R flips bad then that puts the letter writer in a very good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

sKeith wrote: »
    How does a letter figure into that?

It's just the method of delivery of the result of the peek.

Don't worry about it - I was more or less thinking out loud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

So, interesting situation

Barney peeks good

Immediately after gets a letter

Calls G&R as bad

If Barney is legit and letter is legit then we get a wolf

If not then suspicion is on either Barney or an unknown letter writer

If Barney’s bad then whip is bad.

Principle of self resolution would seem to say next step is to get rid of G&R and see what happens from there. G&R of course can make a case against that course.

Have I missed anything?

The only way the letter is ever trustworthy is if it came from our seer.

In every other circumstance its junk.

If a villager won a peek, they just say, i won a peek and G&R is bad, no need for subterfuge.

I don't think our seer sends a message to barney, like this, if there even is a permanent seer in this game.

So, in my eyes, the letter is bogus.

G&R may be good, he maybe bad. The letter doesn't make it anything else.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    If G&R flips bad then that puts the letter writer in a very good light.

Not necessarily - there are two (or more?) bad teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Barney92 wrote: »
    Also, getting rid of G&R would only prove if the letter was fake or not. Nothing else really.

That might be enough to start a bit of a cascade though, either way I don’t see how we can ignore it.

If a villager won a peek, they just say, i won a peek and G&R is bad, no need for subterfuge.

I don't think our seer sends a message to barney, like this, if there even is a permanent seer in this game.

But we've been given info, should we not act on that to resolve the info? Otherwise this is hanging over G&R's head for the rest of the game.

But we've been given info, should we not act on that to resolve the info? Otherwise this is hanging over G&R's head for the rest of the game.

We have not been given info.

We have gotten a letter from a player who is not stepping up and saying, i sent it.

Why is that player remaining hidden?

• Advertisement

I don't see any guarantee of a permanent seer so maybe this is how we get seer peeks.....? Have I missed something?

We have gotten a letter from a player who is not stepping up and saying, i sent it.

If it's the seer are you asking the seer to reveal themselves?

So we ignore information as it might not be legit?

Way I see it resolving this is our best action right now.

If it's the seer are you asking the seer to reveal themselves?

You think our seer won a prize to be able to send a letter?

That was in response to the line of thought of if the G&R turns out to be good.

We have been given info

What we don’t know is can we trust it, and the reason for that is what you’re describing.

It’s not that different to a player stepping up and saying “believe me I’m the seer”- until we pressure test it we work on faith or lack of.

No different here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So we ignore information as it might not be legit?

Way I see it resolving this is our best action right now.

I'm finding it very hard to follow all of this .
    Letter , can neither be proven/disproven , if it were me , I'd choose to ignore it .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm finding it very hard to follow all of this .
    Letter , can neither be proven/disproven , if it were me , I'd choose to ignore it .

Why ignore something a development so significant? Unless you see a need to protect Green & Red?

Well according to the letter they can't announce the findings on the thread so maybe they can't say they sent it.

On another note - the letter changes pronouns from plural senders to a singular sender. I'm not entirely sure what to make of that - seems sloppy for a wolf to have been given the chance of sending a note only to make a mistake like that.

I want to hear from more from g&r and whiplash and hear their interpretations of all this.

• Advertisement

Well, it would also go to your credibility.

If G&R flipped good then the letter writer and/or you would be bad (technically in that scenario there might be no letter)

Question is would we risk sacrificing a villager to unravel it

crosstownk wrote: »
    Why ignore something a development so significant? Unless you see a need to protect Green & Red?

How can you know for sure whether there was a letter or not ?
    Taking a persons word on it and calling it a significant development is odd in my eyes , unless you know who sent the letter ??

You think our seer won a prize to be able to send a letter?

Maybe that's the mechanic for the seer in this game. Who knows? But the only way we can resolve the letter is to take G&R out and see what he comes back as. We can then make a more informed decision into the person that sent the letter.

Well, it would also go to your credibility.

If G&R flipped good then the letter writer and/or you would be bad (technically in that scenario there might be no letter)

Question is would we risk sacrificing a villager to unravel it

Sorry yes, I had meant to preface that with if G&R are good. I posted that afterwards.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    How can you know for sure whether there was a letter or not ?
    Taking a persons word on it and calling it a significant development is odd in my eyes , unless you know who sent the letter ??

What do you propose we do instead?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good day for you Barney, first you get a hut, then you get peeked good then you get a letter...

I want a prize too!!! :(

Did the letter not say who was it from or are you keeping that to yourself or can you not say?

crosstownk wrote: »
    What do you propose we do instead?

If only I knew..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Howdee

Well that was unexpected

So I’m not a wolf, you guys will believe me right?

Given I’ve absolutely no way of proving it what I’ll try and do it collate some of the scenarios and then throw a spanner in the works at the end.

Firstly I think you can assume Barney and I are not working together, I’ve been very vocal about believing him and he’s just told people I’m a wolf (although I get the sense he doesn’t believe that)

By the same logic I’m inclined to believe Whippy.

So if I’m believed then that means the three of us would make a very strong voting group, although I’d expect one or two of them to be gone in the morning.

There’s really no reason to believe or not believe me to be a wolf, from yer view it’s the toss of a coin. Both theories that the seer got to send a letter or that the wolves got a counter prize to Whippy hold water. Both leave me in the same position that I’m at best a 50/50 best and if I was a villager I’d probably vote to get rid of me “just in case”

So here’s the thing, and this will make me sound like a wolf, but I’m immune from lynching tonite. I won the bush tucker trial yesterday and that was my prize. So I’ll be here tomorrow evening, there’s no way the wolves will kill me but that’s onky going to serve to make me look more like a wolf.
    I didn’t reveal that was my prize cause I thought it was a sh*t prize and there was no benefit either way to revealing it. I thought it might increase my chances of being munched which would be bad for the town as I’m a NRV

So back I am relying on people believing me but I do think as a three person team Barney, whippy and myself would be very powerful

But I would say that wouldn’t I

I stand by my description of everyone from earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Maybe that's the mechanic for the seer in this game. Who knows? But the only way we can resolve the letter is to take G&R out and see what he comes back as. We can then make a more informed decision into the person that sent the letter.

Not that’s it’s possible now but That doesn’t give you any info on who sent the letter

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Howdee

Well that was unexpected

So I’m not a wolf, you guys will believe me right?

Given I’ve absolutely no way of proving it what I’ll try and do it collate some of the scenarios and then throw a spanner in the works at the end.

Firstly I think you can assume Barney and I are not working together, I’ve been very vocal about believing him and he’s just told people I’m a wolf (although I get the sense he doesn’t believe that)

By the same logic I’m inclined to believe Whippy.

So if I’m believed then that means the three of us would make a very strong voting group, although I’d expect one or two of them to be gone in the morning.

There’s really no reason to believe or not believe me to be a wolf, from yer view it’s the toss of a coin. Both theories that the seer got to send a letter or that the wolves got a counter prize to Whippy hold water. Both leave me in the same position that I’m at best a 50/50 best and if I was a villager I’d probably vote to get rid of me “just in case”

So here’s the thing, and this will make me sound like a wolf, but I’m immune from lynching tonite. I won the bush tucker trial yesterday and that was my prize. So I’ll be here tomorrow evening, there’s no way the wolves will kill me but that’s onky going to serve to make me look more like a wolf.
    I didn’t reveal that was my prize cause I thought it was a sh*t prize and there was no benefit either way to revealing it. I thought it might increase my chances of being munched which would be bad for the town as I’m a NRV

So back I am relying on people believing me but I do think as a three person team Barney, whippy and myself would be very powerful

But I would say that wouldn’t I

I stand by my description of everyone from earlier

Uh but why would you be immune TONIGHT if you won the trial YESTERDAY? Would'nt you have been immune from last night's eviction? I think you've slipped there wolfy.

Advertisement