Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astral Chain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

cant seem to be able to put a payment for home delivery on smyths website. Littlewoods are offering the same price and delveriy if anyone has similar troubles as me today. little bit longer for delivery wait but i can wait.

Smyths pull online pre orders for new releases a few days before release day, I dont know why as it'll be up again in the morning unless it sells out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

ERG89 wrote: »
    Smyths pull online pre orders for new releases a few days before release day, I dont know why as it'll be up again in the morning unless it sells out.

Good to know. Must be quicker on the pre-orders next time. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is only £40 on Amazon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    This is only £40 on Amazon now.

Pity (in my case) anything you order from Amazon takes a few days longer than it did this time last year. Still it's better than it will be with tariffs and VAT if...sorry when a no deal Brexit happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just bought it with smyths for in store collection tomorrow for €50. Had no interest in this game until a week ago until the hype swept me up. Was slightly let down by Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 so trading that in for €38 at cex to part fund it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    Pity (in my case) anything you order from Amazon takes a few days longer than it did this time last year. Still it's better than it will be with tariffs and VAT if...sorry when a no deal Brexit happens.

If I order on a Monday I have it on Wednesday. I'd say 90% of stuff takes two days with prime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, that's about the typical level of insanity I have come to expect from this company, feels very Vanquish like, at least now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've gots it in me handses. On an unrelated note the girl in Gamestop was condemning GTA because of all the dead hookers. I had to point out that you don't *have* to murder them (even if it is the fiscally more responsible decision). Kids these days.... So bloodthirsty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Sooo how is the games guys and girls :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

GameStop actually delivered on the Limited Edition pre-order! Almost don't want to open it lol

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only had a chance to play a bit of the first mission for a few minutes, fun so far. Bit busy for handheld mode maybe so might try it docked later.

Really should finish divinity original sin before I launch inot this properly though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Got this as the second game on the 2 for 100 deal. I wasn't really interested when I seen the original announcement but the reviews I seen today convinced me. Looking forward to playing later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Yakult wrote: »
    GameStop actually delivered on the Limited Edition pre-order! Almost don't want to open it lol

Yep, came through for me aswell. Thought they were bailing on my online preorder but they got it sent to my nearest branch instead.

I’m surprised at just how big it is but glad I spent the extra few bob on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So has anyone actually played it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just picked up the game and looking forward to giving it a whirl after the matches today.

So has anyone actually played it yet?

I got through the opening scene (intriguingly bat****, but, dare I say it, almost coherent by Platinum's standards) and some of the motorbike bit - so about 4 minutes in - before I was discovered by my kids and had to put it away. So far it's a really gorgeous looking take on space invaders. But I haven't reached the game proper. But technically I've played it do in answer to your question, Yes!

Edit : ok, 40 minutes in. Combat is button mashy but it's stylish as all ****. Enjoying it so far. Loving the hill Street blues in manga/space feel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Played about an hour this morning. Loving it so far. Looks gorgeous on the big TV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Amazon still didn't ship mine :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How does this look in handheld model

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Shipped mine on Thursday, but I am going the Prime and Parcel Motel route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Same here, says I won't have it until Wednesday. Not too fussed cos Fire Emblem is keeping me occupied but you wouldn't want to be playing anytime close to release day with Amazon. I thought they used to ship pre orders earlier than that.

How does this look in handheld model

I've played maybe 50 minutes, tabletop only, looks great to me
    I wouldn't know 60fps from 30 though and I only ever play Nintendo games so my basis for comparison is very limited

I'm not able to put down Fire Emblem I'll be getting my Astral Chain on Monday I hope it'll not go on the switch to do list which grows every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Banjo wrote: »
    I've played maybe 50 minutes, tabletop only, looks great to me
    I wouldn't know 60fps from 30 though and I only ever play Nintendo games so my basis for comparison is very limited

Much the same for me! It looks great, and unless there's obviously slowdown/tearing/low res artefacts, I don't notice anything!

I'm just at the upgrading Legion part, so fairly early in, but didn't have a lot of time this weekend. The first couple of stages are slow, but it seems to be kicking up a gear in terms of the fighting speed - the first levels are quite slow compared to Bayonetta and Vanquish.

Got it last night, the intro, so that's how Daft Punk were created :D

I'm gonna give it a good hours play later very impressed with the first 5 minutes of play so far.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got about 10 hours or so in over the weekend, am at the start of the 4th file
    just got the arrow legion back
    . Combat is great fun but the bits in between are a bit tedious, hopefully that will change now all the tutorial stuff seems to be out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm not able to put down Fire Emblem I'll be getting my Astral Chain on Monday I hope it'll not go on the switch to do list which grows every few days.

Same problem here. Haven't even opened the wrapper yet - just started the second chapter of Fire Emblem and can't put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Same problem here. Haven't even opened the wrapper yet - just started the second chapter of Fire Emblem and can't put it down.

Another one here for the Fire Emblem Anonymous club. A few chapters into Act II. Have Astral Chain arriving Wednesday but I'm reluctant to play anything that doesn't have either Fire or Emblem in the title at the moment. Should be a good change though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

skerry wrote: »
    Another one here for the Fire Emblem Anonymous club. A few chapters into Act II. Have Astral Chain arriving Wednesday but I'm reluctant to play anything that doesn't have either Fire or Emblem in the title at the moment. Should be a good change though.

Fire Emblem definitely grips better than this. I'll probably dip back into my second playthrough of FE before completing this, but these should tide me over until end of October/November (not counting Links Awakening, as I can finish that in my sleep!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My copy finally arrived today, looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Advertisement