Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astral Chain

Options
  • 14-02-2019 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭

Astral Chain - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=brmmV3g4qqo
    Astral Chain is a new action game from PlatinumGames, the creators of the Bayonetta™ series. As part of a police special forces unit in a multi-cultural futuristic city, players work together with a humanoid special weapon, Legion, in a synergetic action system of battle and exploration.

Astral Chain launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on Aug. 30.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see they still can't afford to get female officers a proper uniform, instead supplying young men with fantasy material instead... oh well....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

PlatinumGames presents ASTRAL CHAIN
    With today’s Nintendo Direct, we at PlatinumGames are proud to show off our latest project: ASTRAL CHAIN, a thrilling new Synergetic Action game for Nintendo Switch. We’ve been working on ASTRAL CHAIN for a while now, but we’ve had to keep it under wraps until now. But now that it’s announced, you won’t have too long to wait – It’s coming to Nintendo Switch on August 30! I’m sure some of you were surprised to hear that an all-new, original PlatinumGames title is on its way so soon!

The idea for ASTRAL CHAIN came from none other than Takahisa Taura, the lead game designer for NieR:Automata. Taura and his team – which includes veterans of such PlatinumGames classics as Bayonetta and NieR:Automata – have worked very hard to make his ideas into reality with ASTRAL CHAIN, his directorial debut. Naturally, Taura’s no stranger to action games, but he’s pushed himself to new heights with the dual-character, Synergetic Action of ASTRAL CHAIN.

ASTRAL CHAIN brings you to a bold, near-future cyberpunk metropolis, featuring character designs by Masakazu Katsura, the acclaimed artist behind beloved manga and anime like ZETMAN and Video Girl Ai.

Last but not least, the team has received supervision and guidance from none other than Hideki Kamiya, to ensure that ASTRAL CHAIN has that special something that action game fans have come to expect from PlatinumGames.

I hope that all of you will join me in looking forward to this exciting, original title from one of our up-and-coming directors. I’m confident that you’ll enjoy it.

Atsushi Inaba
    Studio Head
    PlatinumGames Inc.

https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10116
    ASTRAL CHAIN
    Platform: Nintendo Switch ™
    Genre: Action
    Release Date: August 30, 2019
    Price: $59.99(USD)
    ESRB Rating: TBA
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Developer: PlatinumGames Inc.
    Copyright information: © 2019 Nintendo / PlatinumGames Inc.
    Main Character Design ©Masakazu Katsura/SHUEISHA
    Nintendo Official Site:
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/astral-chain-switch
    https://www.nintendo-europe.com/games/Language-Selection-ASTRAL-CHAIN–1514008.html

I notice down below that it says Nintendo in the copyright, so it's not just a timed exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Digital Foundry have a preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭brevity

Looks interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I ordered the collectors edition a few weeks back - I just hope GameStop can deliver on it!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Getting close now.

Famitsu's score for Astral Chain in the latest issue: 9/10/9/9

Looks like another Switch cracker. My poor wallet.

https://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-8-20-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ugh, I thought Bayonetta 3 would be the game I got a Switch for but this is rather tempting now. :o

gizmo wrote: »
    Ugh, I thought Bayonetta 3 would be the game I got a Switch for but this is rather tempting now. :o

Yup. This is the game that I get the switch for too.

Now to try and root out some money!

"Astral Chain isn't just one of the Switch's stand-out hits – it's one of 2019's best video games."

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/astral_chain

• Advertisement

A steady stream of 9+ scores, with a handful of outliers.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/astral-chain/critic-reviews

First play through is 20+ hours. More if you do side quests. Seems like great value. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Even better value at €30. :) good to see it's getting great reviews. Must have a read of a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Nice its looking like it will be a hit for the switch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Even better value at €30. :) good to see it's getting great reviews. Must have a read of a few

Where is it for €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Glad to see it is reviewing well, Platinum have been very poor besides Nier and Bayonetta 2 in the last 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Xenji wrote: »
    Glad to see it is reviewing well, Platinum have been very poor besides Nier and Bayonetta 2 in the last 5 years

They'd such a great run from 2009 to Bayonetta 2. I enjoyed Automata but I'm still wary of buying this even with the positive reviews.

nix wrote: »
    Where is it for €30?

The Gamestop offer that was on at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Great to see another Switch exclusive coming in with 9/10 reviews. That's two in as many months which is amazing stuff. Im still stuck into Fire Emblem but looking forward to giving this a bash when it arrives.

Can't believe it was only announced in February and they can deliver such an apparently polished finished product in September. Obviously it was in development longer than that but great stuff regardless. Don't think Nintendo gets enough credit for that kind of work on the Switch. Compare it to Death Stranding which was announced 3 years ago and people are still clueless about what type of a game it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Where ya getting it for 30?

• Advertisement

See above

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The reviews have convinced me to buy it. Smyths still letting you pre-order the physical version for €50. Think that might go up considering how well it's reviewing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in GS in Swords today, with my green loyalty card Astral Chain cost me €25 when I traded in a PS4 game, and Zelda LA as well for another €25 with Octopath.

Pretty happy with that pair of deals.

I must remember I have to venture downtown at lunch on Friday to get this. I keep forgetting it's out so soon, then Link's Awakening 3 weeks later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre ordered with amazon, won't see it till next week I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got my shipping confirmation from Smyths, fingers cross I've get it tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Debating between this or Daemon X Machina in two weeks, seems like argos.co.uk are £44.99 so €50 ish here pity it's not out today €5/10 vouchers on until close of business today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon has dispatched my copy so I should have it on Saturday.

Not sure about Daemon X Machina, it looks like a bad ZotE copy, but hoping it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Special edition shipped yesterday. Delivery due tomorrow to English addresspal address hopefully my local post office will get it by Saturday before close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

cant seem to be able to put a payment for home delivery on smyths website. Littlewoods are offering the same price and delveriy if anyone has similar troubles as me today. little bit longer for delivery wait but i can wait.

Advertisement