Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 234 WHITTAKER VS GASTELUM

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

tommyboy26 wrote: »

silvia called out nick diaz in post fight interview. i would love to see that fight. no interest in seen him and conor

We already seen this fight, it was boring as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Tazzimus wrote: »
    We already seen this fight, it was boring as ****.

diaz shut the idea down he is done fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    diaz shut the idea down he is done fighting
    Nobody wanted to see that fight again anyway. It was boring the first time around, doubt the second time would be much different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Marc Goddard explains why he stopped the Crute-Alvey fight and says he made a mistake. I think it was a good call myself but he was actually in there so what do I know?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/12/18221534/referee-marc-goddard-explains-viewpoint-in-jimmy-crute-vs-sam-alvey-stoppage-at-ufc-234

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Completely reasonable stoppage to me. He wasn't defending himself at all. 16 unanswered hard punches. Doesn't matter most were hitting his arm. He wasn't moving to better position and had just been knocked down. Head down and thumbs up isn't good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The old adage of "I can't get excited until they're both locked in the cage" really rang true this weekend. I can't imagine how sickened people who had tickets were.

With all the talk of KGs apparent infections in the days leading up and then for the weigh ins to go smoothly, for the other guy to get injured totally out of nowhere. Hometown boy and all. Disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Beersmith wrote: »
    Completely reasonable stoppage to me. He wasn't defending himself at all. 16 unanswered hard punches. Doesn't matter most were hitting his arm. He wasn't moving to better position and had just been knocked down. Head down and thumbs up isn't good enough.

Totally agree. That was not really what I'd even consider a bad call or early stoppage.

Sam Alvey is as much to blame, lying there taking heavy shots without making any effort to show intelligent defence, after just being seriously rocked, does not present any ref with a great picture, thumbs up or not (and a bit ridiculous to expect a ref to see that given the circumstances)

Fair play to Goddard for saying he could or should have let it play out a little longer but I don't think it was a bad call, and Dana White was completely unreasonable with his comments.

Advertisement