Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 Adios Ricky Transfer Thread

Options
1246

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man


    A fairly boring Laporte to Yedlin and Quaner to Rondon with my 2 F/T's. My GW27 prospects rely on Newcastle. Oh lord. And i may even captain Rondon


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy


    manual_man wrote: »
    A fairly boring Laporte to Yedlin and Quaner to Rondon with my 2 F/T's. My GW27 prospects rely on Newcastle. Oh lord. And i may even captain Rondon

    I'll likely get Schär and Almiron is really tempting me as a Ricky replacement. Might be a week or two too early for him though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,146 ✭✭✭✭km79


    manual_man wrote: »
    A fairly boring Laporte to Yedlin and Quaner to Rondon with my 2 F/T's. My GW27 prospects rely on Newcastle. Oh lord. And i may even captain Rondon

    The very definition of a FF trap


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭normanoffside


    Probably Laporte or Bednarek to Pereira.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE


    I think rondon and a Newcastle defender are good picks. Also possibly Hayden at only 4.3m. They have good fixtures, are playing well of late and should be fully committed right until the end of the season. Home to Huddersfield this week too.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee


    What's peoples feelings on Tripps starting this GW?

    I'm dead ending to GW31 and would be nice to free up funds by getting him out now as they're run of fixtures isn't exactly that pretty.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo


    Think it will be either Laporte to Peireira or Kamara to Barnes/Rondon

    First one blocks my rival better, but second one seems the more sensible transfer


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,146 ✭✭✭✭km79


    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Think it will be either Laporte to Peireira or Kamara to Barnes/Rondon

    First one blocks my rival better, but second one seems the more sensible transfer

    Kamara to anyone should be your transfer


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo


    km79 wrote: »
    Kamara to anyone should be your transfer

    He's not really a problem though. Takes up minimal money and stops benching headaches.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭callaway92


    naughtb4 wrote: »
    He's not really a problem though. Takes up minimal money and stops benching headaches.

    You're looking at it the wrong way.

    Somebody that plays any minutes whatsoever is a better choice.

    Crouch for example


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo


    callaway92 wrote: »
    You're looking at it the wrong way.

    Somebody that plays any minutes whatsoever is a better choice.

    Crouch for example

    Its only in weeks like this its an issue though. Its very rare my third striker (or third bench player will play). Either way they will get me 0 points.

    I generally build up to a full playing bench for Christmas, downgrade to get more $$$ and then build up again for the BB using the second wildcard


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez


    Need a 4.0 starting goalie this weekend

    Already have Ederson & Button, neither starting

    Will Boruc & Hamer start? The former prob being the better choice


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo


    Need a 4.0 starting goalie this weekend

    Already have Ederson & Button, neither starting

    Will Boruc & Hamer start? The former prob being the better choice

    I would go Boruc over Hamer


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater


    Ricky to Maddison. Still not sure whether to build to 31/32 but liking their fixtures over next couple weeks regardless. Still thinking of Kun to PEA or Sane to Son for -4 as well


  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016


    Tempted by:
    Alderweirald to Lascelles
    Ings to Rondon (-4)


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red


    Ricky to Maddison. Still not sure whether to build to 31/32 but liking their fixtures over next couple weeks regardless. Still thinking of Kun to PEA or Sane to Son for -4 as well

    Are Madison’s starts not unreliable?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater


    Green&Red wrote: »
    Ricky to Maddison. Still not sure whether to build to 31/32 but liking their fixtures over next couple weeks regardless. Still thinking of Kun to PEA or Sane to Son for -4 as well

    Are Madison’s starts not unreliable?
    Started the last 3 and 4 out of last 5. Looked decent last few games I saw him as well even though they lost. Was between him and Barnes who also looked good


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001


    Apologies fkr the noob questjon but im getting rid of ederson in goals this week.

    What are my options for keepers who will have a double game week in future ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,146 ✭✭✭✭km79


    Started the last 3 and 4 out of last 5. Looked decent last few games I saw him as well even though they lost. Was between him and Barnes who also looked good

    Madison always look good
    It hasnt translated into points

    This is my big problem with building for gw 31
    3 Liverpool - easy
    2/3west ham......Anderson ........Maybe Arnie but he will be injured by then . Fabianksi but I have Alison(won't rule out switching back though despite having made a heap of keeper transfers this season already)
    2/3 Lecister - Perriera. Madison who is all **** and no fart. Vardy who takes up a valuable striker spot and is expensive compared to other options.
    Everton - Keep Digne. Ricky gone off the boil. Siggy? Everton are bang out of form
    Newcastle interest me from a defensive point of view only
    Bournemouth - no defensive players anyway bar Boruc for future BB. Brooks if fit. King maybe
    Burnley - possibly McNeil if I want funds but will he still have his spot......
    Hudd - no thanks

    When you look at those options you would worry for the weeks in between good fixtures or not......


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy


    km79 wrote: »
    Madison always look good
    It hasnt translated into points

    This is my big problem with building for gw 31
    3 Liverpool - easy
    2/3west ham......Anderson ........Maybe Arnie but he will be injured by then . Fabianksi but I have Alison(won't rule out switching back though despite having made a heap of keeper transfers this season already)
    2/3 Lecister - Perriera. Madison who is all **** and no fart. Vardy who takes up a valuable striker spot and is expensive compared to other options.
    Everton - Keep Digne. Ricky gone off the boil. Siggy? Everton are bang out of form
    Newcastle interest me from a defensive point of view only
    Bournemouth - no defensive players anyway bar Boruc for future BB. Brooks if fit. King maybe
    Burnley - possibly McNeil if I want funds but will he still have his spot......
    Hudd - no thanks

    When you look at those options you would worry for the weeks in between good fixtures or not......

    I currently have 6 players for GW31. Was trying to do a plan earlier for my 6 fts between now and GW31 and there are weeks where I'd have two fts but won't want to take out any of my United/Spurs/Wolves players for GW31 players just for the sake of using a transfer. So is wasting fts in the run up to GW31 also a viable strategy?!

    This led me to looking at FH31 and building towards DGW32 but would be screwed for GW33 if I do that. Plus I don't like planning now for a GW that's 6 weeks away and is also after an international break. So much can happen between now and then.

    It's a headwrecker for sure.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman


    Lads is Arnie a viable option again? West Ham have great fixtures and play in GW31. Looking at Aguero replacement, Auba the obvious choice but after 2 good fixtures not great


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy


    Llorente done alright for me but time to go. Can't look past Barnes at that price range right now for me. Bonus that his team has a game in 31.

    Will wait to make sure Auba doesn't break his face Thursday.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08


    dsmythy wrote: »
    Llorente done alright for me but time to go. Can't look past Barnes at that price range right now for me. Bonus that his team has a game in 31.

    Will wait to make sure Auba doesn't break his face Thursday.

    I’m waiting on Auba in for Aguero too.

    Contemplating taking a hit for Shaw out to Schar or Llorente our to Wood/Barnes. Not sure the hit is worth it but I want them for GW31 and like there fixtures. To hit or not to hit


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,146 ✭✭✭✭km79


    schar has 8 bookings
    gw 31 is a long way away.......


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo


    km79 wrote: »
    Kamara to anyone should be your transfer

    I ended up doing both. Bulks up the 31 team so I can convince myself I'll get the 4 back minimum


  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey


    With a Free Hit do I get to mess with the team until the deadline or is it one confirm transfers and then you’re set?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo


    ironmonkey wrote: »
    With a Free Hit do I get to mess with the team until the deadline or is it one confirm transfers and then you’re set?

    Pretty sure u can mess away


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar


    My obvious transfer is Aguero to Auba (c), but that doesn't fit in with the build towards 31, nor build towards the doubles strategy.

    It would be a massive help if some of the rearranged games were announced before the deadline!


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭normanoffside


    Benimar wrote: »
    My obvious transfer is Aguero to Auba (c), but that doesn't fit in with the build towards 31, nor build towards the doubles strategy.

    It would be a massive help if some of the rearranged games were announced before the deadline!

    Kun is in such great from though. Would you want him straight back in for his next 3 fixtures?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar


    Kun is in such great from though. Would you want him straight back in for his next 3 fixtures?

    Yep, thats the other issue! Also if the City v Cardiff game moves to GW32 hes a perfect TC option.


Advertisement