Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Sure can

If you go into Settings->Apps
    then enable viewing of system apps by clicking top right 3 dots, Show system apps
    then search for Google Play Services, click into it
    Then near the bottom click App details in store
    There should then be an option to uninstall all updates (might be in the 3 dots here too)
    Or there may be a deactivate option in which case click that, followed by uninstalling the updates above.

If it won't allow you to deactivate:
    Go back to Settings
    Search for Device admin apps
    Uncheck all
    Then try the process above again

It used to be a lot easier than that :pac:

i uninstalled it

Do u find the app in the play store ?

My phone died overnight, it had about 50% battery remaining. Plugged it in when I got up and it seemed to take ages to charge to 100%. The battery was running down quickly gain by the afternoon with little to no use. The phone was also hot to touch.

Cleared the cache partition and that seemed to resolve it.

Same and its still slow even after clearing the cache

I wonder is it an issue with the recent update

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i uninstalled it

Do u find the app in the play store ?

Did you uninstall it or just uninstall the updates? (I think you need to be rooted to be able to fully uninstall it)
    I don't think it can be found in the play store, if its not alerting you that there is an update, try clearing the cache for Google Play Store and give it a few minutes to to alert you to an update.

My phone died overnight, it had about 50% battery remaining. Plugged it in when I got up and it seemed to take ages to charge to 100%. The battery was running down quickly gain by the afternoon with little to no use. The phone was also hot to touch.

Cleared the cache partition and that seemed to resolve it.

Similar story here, woke up to a phone super hot and a warning that a restart was needed. Battery dropped 30% in an hour with Google Play Services showing as the majority.

Similar story here, woke up to a phone super hot and a warning that a restart was needed. Battery dropped 30% in an hour with Google Play Services showing as the majority.

Thankfully its not my phone if others are having similar issues

hopefully Samsung release a fix for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My phone won't go beyond 64% on wireless charging and is becoming hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jv2000

Experiencing something similar on my Note. Any chance this could be linked to the COVID app? Sounds crazy but when I look at my battery usage it is Google Play Services and COVID that has shown a huge peak (no pun intended).

Just seen the issue on anther phone and tried just uninstalling all updates on the Google Play Services app, then waited for the update notification, updated and everything was back to normal.

The phone did have the Covid app but I think that may be just a coincidence, my thoughts are it is an iffy update to Play Services.

On my phone, when it was running hot Play Services was using 17% of the battery but currently its using 0.7% after clearing the updates yesterday.

Just seen the issue on anther phone and tried just uninstalling all updates on the Google Play Services app, then waited for the update notification, updated and everything was back to normal.

The phone did have the Covid app but I think that may be just a coincidence, my thoughts are it is an iffy update to Play Services.

On my phone, when it was running hot Play Services was using 17% of the battery but currently its using 0.7% after clearing the updates yesterday.

yeah that seemed to work for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah looks to have been a problem with the Covid app, delete that and all should be fine.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Yeah looks to have been a problem with the Covid app, delete that and all should be fine.

The problem has been resolved with the Covid app. No need to delete it, a update has been pushed to rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I've had that problem since the last android update installed last Thursday or Friday.
    I've heard the talk linking it to the Covid app but it's also happening to phones without it.
    I removed it just to be sure but I'm still having the battery drain issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've been holding off on downloading the latest update after hearing of the battery drain. Does anyone know if a fix has been sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah mine has been grand since I last posted on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ivan1983

I never had any probelem with my S10e, and it's first phone ever (Android) that works properly. All other were slow and I had many weird problems like random restart, switching off on 10% battery, non-responsive screen, Wi-Fi off by itself... mostly software problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Hey, where is the best (cheapest & safest mainly) place to buy a Samsung S10?

With an Irish network but only on a monthly bill currently.

Thinking to buy it outright.

Are Eglobal Central reputable?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thanks

Eglobal are a bit of a lottery but are legit. I bought an iPad recently and it arrived in around 10 days but there are stories of people waiting 2 months for stuff. If you're in no rush they should be fine.

If you don't want to wait try Adverts. This user normally has S10's in stock and is great to deal with. https://www.adverts.ie/member/1747073

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ivan1983

Thanks

I bought GoPro 7 black (2 years ago) there is was faulty, also - I didn't get receipt... bad experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

OneUI 2.5 is out, included in September update. Wireless DEX is included among other features from Note 20 Ultra, will try as soon as I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can anyone recommend a screen protector for the s10 plus? Preferably along the same lines as the one that comes as standard. My original protector has started lifting at the bottom corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Switcher19

Hi all, can you recommend a place to get the front glass replaced on an S10+, partner dropped her phone today and cracked the glass, display is fine, preferably in dublin or kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey,

The girlfriend wants a new phone for Christmas as her current one (Pocofone F1) is starting to show it's age a bit. She really likes my S10 Plus so I'm looking to get her one too. Where would be the best place for a brand new unlocked 128GB S10 Plus at the minute. I get my phones on upgrade so have no idea really where to start looking.

Cheers, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

The girlfriend wants a new phone for Christmas as her current one (Pocofone F1) is starting to show it's age a bit. She really likes my S10 Plus so I'm looking to get her one too. Where would be the best place for a brand new unlocked 128GB S10 Plus at the minute. I get my phones on upgrade so have no idea really where to start looking.

Cheers, lads.

Check out adverts, usually a few floating around there.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Been having an issue with my S10+ recently but today it seems much worse. Getting a “moisture detected in charging port” notification that I can’t get rid of, and it won’t let me charge the phone while it’s there. Had it a few days ago but it seemed to go away on its own, but it’s sticking around today and everything I’ve done to try and fix it hasn’t worked (cleaning port and charging cable, cool fan, reboot, wiped cache among many other possible solutions I found online). It didn’t even get near any water directly, but I did notice my room was slightly damp from humidity one night recently so I’m guessing it’s down to that, but it should absolutely have dried out by now? Also no signs of water damage after checking the LDI.

Anyone had this before or any luck fixing it? I fear I’ll have to bring it in for repairs tomorrow if it doesn’t go away by the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

martyos121 wrote: »
    Been having an issue with my S10+ recently but today it seems much worse. Getting a “moisture detected in charging port” notification that I can’t get rid of, and it won’t let me charge the phone while it’s there. Had it a few days ago but it seemed to go away on its own, but it’s sticking around today and everything I’ve done to try and fix it hasn’t worked (cleaning port and charging cable, cool fan, reboot, wiped cache among many other possible solutions I found online). It didn’t even get near any water directly, but I did notice my room was slightly damp from humidity one night recently so I’m guessing it’s down to that, but it should absolutely have dried out by now? Also no signs of water damage after checking the LDI.

Anyone had this before or any luck fixing it? I fear I’ll have to bring it in for repairs tomorrow if it doesn’t go away by the morning.

Into a bag of rice in hotpress overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Did you have any luck getting this fixed @martyos121? Do you even still have your S10!

I have the same issue since the summer. Have tried everything I found online to no avail. Seems like maybe the USB port might need to be replaced?

Anyhow in the meantime I bought a sticky metal ring (specifically for iPhone 11 and S10) and have it stuck to the back of my case. It's very flat so doesn't protrude. I then bought a (non Apple brand) magsafe charger off Amazon. Works an absolute treat. Can use the phone comfortably whilst charging. I also have an Anker wireless charger, but that's less convenient.

Post edited by biebiebie on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The problem went away for a while but I bought a wireless charger shortly after it happened which I’ve been using since even when the port seemed to be okay. It went again on me during the summer as well and the warning kept popping up. Like yourself, I tried everything to fix it between cleaning the port and plenty on the software side of things, but I’m pretty sure it’s just beyond saving and it’s something I just put up with now since I just charge it wirelessly all the time.

I’ll be upgrading it next year since it’ll be 3 years old by that point and I’ll want a change but I couldn’t justify binning it for a marginal upgrade when all that was wrong with it was a faulty USB port. The permanent and unclearable moisture warning notification is my biggest annoyance but other than that, the phone is running absolutely fine.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but the short version is no, I couldn’t fix it and I’ve just sort of accepted it. 😔

Bit like myself to be honest. I just wireless charge now. I've heard that the USB port can be changed for about €30 in some of the phone fix shops/stalls. However I'm hesitant to try it as the wireless solution circumnavigates the issue, and I don't want to introduce any potential for knock-on issues with a repair.

Like you say, the phone is still fine otherwise. And the Android 12/OneUi 4 update is imminent too. Hopefully this should breath some new life into the phone, for a while anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I've the S10, worst phone I've ever owned

Terrible battery

Auto select for text is comically awful

Takes an eternity to turn on and I need to turn off to charge as takes forever if left on

Huawei I had previously was miles better

• Advertisement

I've the S10 plus, so can't really comment on S10 battery life. The S10 plus battery is larger than the S10 - 3400 mAh Vs 4100 mAh iirc. Although the Plus does have a bigger screen to power at that.

Advertisement