Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Three are doing the S10 128gb for €579 prepay on their website. Seems to be the cheapest around of any of the network providers. With Vodafone a tenner more expensive.

The cheapest I can find it on Amazon is on the German site for €528. Is it possible I could do better then that ? I know some phones can fluctuate in price on Amazon by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭eggy81

techdiver wrote: »
    I've noticed an issue with my S10 5G. At home I have 2 WiFi routers set up with the same ssid. The phone seems to roam fine between them seamlessly connecting but the phone temporarily loses Internet connecting for about 30 seconds to a minute or so. Pages fail to load etc. I sometimes have to toggle WiFi on and off.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I have the same issue with the standard s10. I have home plugs sending the signal upstairs. Originally I had the homepage with a different ssid and it was grand. They stopped working and I could only get them back by copying the routed ssid with quick set up. I get that issue where it sometimes randomly switches from 1 to the other when I'm upstairs. Never figured it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have a problem with my S10 when I get a call it only rings a couple of times and then just vibrates. It is set to ring and vibrate and I can't find anything in settings that might be causing it.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    I have a problem with my S10 when I get a call it only rings a couple of times and then just vibrates. It is set to ring and vibrate and I can't find anything in settings that might be causing it.

Some phones stop ringing when you turn them upside down I believe. Or does it still do that when its just lying flat and someone rings you ?

Try changing your ringtone and see if it does the same.

I was very close to picking the ordinary S10 up the other day but between Three being more expensive in-store and Carphone Warehouse acting the bollocks with me I've held off but still find myself checking Amazon.de regularly for one that is sold and dispatched by Amazon.

Carphone Warehouse wanted an extra 20 quid to assign my number to the sim. Never heard the likes of it.

LaptopMarket.ie who have a store out in Park West are selling them for €529 but I'm sceptical. Does anyone know if these guys are similar to the shops you'd find on Moore Street/Parnell Street etc?

Someone here recommended me a seller on Adverts from Tallaght with over 2000 positive feedback but unfortunately they don't accept card.

But at the same time my S7 still works perfectly so I dunno if I'm mad to change. According to a couple of sites the S7 is still considered a powerful phone in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I was very close to picking the ordinary S10 up the other day but between Three being more expensive in-store and Carphone Warehouse acting the bollocks with me I've held off but still find myself checking Amazon.de regularly for one that is sold and dispatched by Amazon.

Carphone Warehouse wanted an extra 20 quid to assign my number to the sim. Never heard the likes of it.

LaptopMarket.ie who have a store out in Park West are selling them for €529 but I'm sceptical. Does anyone know if these guys are similar to the shops you'd find on Moore Street/Parnell Street etc?

Someone here recommended me a seller on Adverts from Tallaght with over 2000 positive feedback but unfortunately they don't accept card.

But at the same time my S7 still works perfectly so I dunno if I'm mad to change. According to a couple of sites the S7 is still considered a powerful phone in 2020.

Not sure if you would like an S10+ or not but you can pick one up from BT Shop via Parcel Motel/Addresspal for €577 delivered. That's a steal for an S10+

Moved from regular S7 to S10+ myself and couldn't be happier!

https://shop.bt.com/category/computing,smartphones-and-pdas,smartphones/11277?ql=FSPJ-FSPL-FSPK&ReferrerID=BTMO&referrerid=ZA00&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=ZA00&awc=3043_1591991673_a1fad6721716999c4d6e6aea4c5223bc

It makes it look like you need to be a BT Customer but you don't.

Wouldn't be keen on the size tbh. I was even considering the s10e at one stage but am willing to go as big at the s10 but that would be it.

That was a great price you got that for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I bought a black S10 from 4Gadgets in the UK about a month ago, perfect condition just no charger.

One here for around €420: https://www.4gadgets.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung/galaxy-s10/black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm thinking of getting the S10 later this summer if I can get one around the 550 euro mark as my S8 has a cracked screen and the case needs to be replaced as well.

As phones generally last me 3 or 4 years, is there any point in getting a 5G capable phone now or should I wait till the next one to switch over when 5G will be more standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Gerard93

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Not sure if you would like an S10+ or not but you can pick one up from BT Shop via Parcel Motel/Addresspal for €577 delivered. That's a steal for an S10+

https://shop.bt.com/category/computing,smartphones-and-pdas,smartphones/11277?ql=FSPJ-FSPL-FSPK&ReferrerID=BTMO&referrerid=ZA00&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=ZA00&awc=3043_1591991673_a1fad6721716999c4d6e6aea4c5223bc

Hi MiskyBoyy
    That's a great price ! Is it unlocked at that and it will work on the Irish Networks ??
    Have an S6 and looking for a while to move up ....

• Advertisement

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Hi MiskyBoyy
    That's a great price ! Is it unlocked at that and it will work on the Irish Networks ??
    Have an S6 and looking for a while to move up ....

Yeah all the S10 range are factory unlocked AFAIK. Even those purchased on billpay in Ireland.

Edit: It'll work here no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Gerard93

Yeah all the S10 range are factory unlocked AFAIK. Even those purchased on billpay in Ireland.

Thanks for that

Vodafone ones are unlocked afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Devilfish698

How do people find the s10 plus. Thinking of getting one as an upgrade from a s9. Is it worth still buying one or go for the s20 plus?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

How do people find the s10 plus. Thinking of getting one as an upgrade from a s9. Is it worth still buying one or go for the s20 plus?

I've the S10 plus for a year now and it has not missed a beat. I've no idea on the S20 plus spec, but there isn't anything I need, that I don't already have tbh. Battery after a year is still good, 30% to 40% left by the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭eggy81

How do you get rid of a voicemail notification from the notification bar. Also my voicemail actually rings my phone when I hit it. I have to manually enter 171 to actually hear voicemails. How do I change this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Hi MiskyBoyy! How much were they in sterling when you posted this do you remember? I see they are showing as £599 now with BT. Just wondering should I wait a while and see if they come down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Have a new S10 and an having a couple of issues with it.
    It keeps losing the SIM, I don't get any network service for a while and then all of a sudden it will beep and I'll get a load of WhatsApp messages at once.
    Also when I have the phone connected to my car audio thru Bluetooth I can't connect to the internet, not sure if this is a safety thing and can be fixed in settings.
    Anyone had something similar with theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

wilser wrote: »
    Have a new S10 and an having a couple of issues with it.
    It keeps losing the SIM, I don't get any network service for a while and then all of a sudden it will beep and I'll get a load of WhatsApp messages at once.
    Also when I have the phone connected to my car audio thru Bluetooth I can't connect to the internet, not sure if this is a safety thing and can be fixed in settings.
    Anyone had something similar with theirs?

Sounds like a dud, take it back and get a new one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Sounds like a dud, take it back and get a new one.

Yeah the Bluetooth thing is annoying, my wife was driving and I couldn't get on the internet to check what was open, turn off Bluetooth and 4G comes up straight away. Will bring it back to Eir. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

wilser wrote: »
    Yeah the Bluetooth thing is annoying, my wife was driving and I couldn't get on the internet to check what was open, turn off Bluetooth and 4G comes up straight away. Will bring it back to Eir. Thanks

Might be worth chancing a network reset?

guil wrote: »
    Might be worth chancing a network reset?

Is that different to a factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone have any tips for loose USB connections

Seems to be falling out a lot when I'm charging. I got these cables as I thought it was a cable issue but seems its not

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PHZXHQS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ln2gFbHB9WM1F

Ps the battery life is shocking the last few weeks

anyone having issues since the last update ??

Phone is getting hot and getting a cpu process warning and have to restart

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone having issues since the last update ??

Phone is getting hot and getting a cpu process warning and have to restart

Have you tried clearing the cache?

Have you tried clearing the cache?

tried that and still quite hot

How do u backup everything on your phone (including Apps) and factory reset it? Might be the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

tried that and still quite hot

How do u backup everything on your phone (including Apps) and factory reset it? Might be the best option

I fixed mine by:
    Uninstalling all updates on play services (may need to untick all admin apps)
    Clearing the cache partition
    Clearing all data on play services
    Clearing cache on play store
    Then just waited for the play service update to appear

Not sure exactly what fixed it but battery usage back to normal and no overheating.

One thing to note, I had to enable Google Pay cards again and re-enable backup to the cloud after.

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I fixed mine by:
    Uninstalling all updates on play services (may need to untick all admin apps)
    Clearing the cache partition
    Clearing all data on play services
    Clearing cache on play store
    Then just waited for the play service update to appear

Not sure exactly what fixed it but battery usage back to normal and no overheating.

One thing to note, I had to enable Google Pay cards again and re-enable backup to the cloud after.

could you elaborate further on step one and how to do it please thanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

could you elaborate further on step one and how to do it please thanks ?

Sure can

If you go into Settings->Apps
    then enable viewing of system apps by clicking top right 3 dots, Show system apps
    then search for Google Play Services, click into it
    Then near the bottom click App details in store
    There should then be an option to uninstall all updates (might be in the 3 dots here too)
    Or there may be a deactivate option in which case click that, followed by uninstalling the updates above.

If it won't allow you to deactivate:
    Go back to Settings
    Search for Device admin apps
    Uncheck all
    Then try the process above again

It used to be a lot easier than that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My phone died overnight, it had about 50% battery remaining. Plugged it in when I got up and it seemed to take ages to charge to 100%. The battery was running down quickly gain by the afternoon with little to no use. The phone was also hot to touch.

Cleared the cache partition and that seemed to resolve it.

Advertisement