Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~~**~ Our Travel Bargain Alerts **~~*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread closed by me.

Glad you got sorted, however, we have a stickied thread with numerous useful links that more than answered your query right here.

On this note: I've added two responses with links not previously linked to our Travel forum useful links megathread.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

When I look at the so called Last Minute deals and websites they all seem to be much the same and I'm not really convinced by them.

I'm wondering how can I go about getting real value on a genuine last minute holiday, even if it means booking it the day I'm going or the day before.

Is it possible to go to the airport and put your name down for any last minute cancellations? Obviously they would need to be return flights.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

You really just need to be flexible and keep an eye out. If you follow bargain hunting travel sites like Secret Flying, Holiday Guru and Holiday Pirates you can get some very short notice great deals but again you need to be very flexible with getting time off work etc.

In terms of flights, if you want to see what you can get last minute, best to use Google Flights (google.com/flights), plug in your dates and you can then get a map of the world with prices beside each destination so you can see if there's anything cheap available.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

grimm2005 wrote: »
    You really just need to be flexible and keep an eye out. If you follow bargain hunting travel sites like Secret Flying, Holiday Guru and Holiday Pirates you can get some very short notice great deals but again you need to be very flexible with getting time off work etc.

In terms of flights, if you want to see what you can get last minute, best to use Google Flights (google.com/flights), plug in your dates and you can then get a map of the world with prices beside each destination so you can see if there's anything cheap available.

Thanks, I'd not heard of a few of those sites before.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Savage_Henry

They are free if anyone needs them. Unlimited metro/bus rides. I bought a 7 day card on 2.11. Pickup from City Center or Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

I'm not expecting exact dates, but from people who follow them,
    Should we expect an Aerlingus sale between now and christmas?

Looking to book summer hols, and I know after the winter is the worst time.
    Trying to beat the book this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Aer Lingus usually have a sale in dec fir summer flights I usually book for September then.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    I'm not expecting exact dates, but from people who follow them,
    Should we expect an Aerlingus sale between now and christmas?

Looking to book summer hols, and I know after the winter is the worst time.
    Trying to beat the book this year.

We flew to Munich and back from Venice in August this year, and flew return to Verona in July last year.

I booked my flights in January and then kept an eye on prices, only the Munich flights dropped in price, there are 3 airlines competing on that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Anything good for Black Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

Stena offerring 25% discount on ferry travel between Ireland and the UK, and France.
    Eurocamp with great campsite offers for May-June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭CarrieDzzz

Hello
    Has anyone used Bargain breaks.ie? Are they trustworthy? Tia

Hi all,

Has anyone used Bargainbreaks.ie? Just wondering are they reliable?

Got stung before with these online agents.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Got stung before and yet you're willing to take another risk?

Got stung before and yet you're willing to take another risk?

From a different company a few years ago! Hence the reason i asked the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Has anyone ever booked through the Sun Holidays deal from 9.50 ?

For those interested the 10 tokens needed are posted here

https://www.playpennies.com/family-holidays/sun-holiday-codes-collect-your-gbp-950-holiday-codes-here-169971

I was looking at going to a campsite in Paris for the week but was wondering what the accommodation is like and since it does not take an Irish address do you just use a makey up English address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crystal22

Hello,

If you are looking for money-saving traveling tips then the best thing to save the money is traveling in the off-season, Travelling in the off-season will mean cheaper flights and less busy destinations – a win-win situation, pre-bookings can also help you to save money. So this the traveling tips will definitely help you to save money.
    Thankyou!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

For the last few years Ryanair ran with a weekend sale called "The Blue and Yellow Sale" with decent discounts across the summer months. I think it coincided with Blue Monday, which has passed this week.

I wonder is this sale dropped? Anyone with insight into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Danno wrote: »
    For the last few years Ryanair ran with a weekend sale called "The Blue and Yellow Sale" with decent discounts across the summer months. I think it coincided with Blue Monday, which has passed this week.

I wonder is this sale dropped? Anyone with insight into this?

Some up to 20% off sale on now, ends Sunday according to the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I am tracking three destinations for travel in late August, September and October. The prices haven't budged since Christmas. I won't be buying at the current prices unless they change.

I have picked up my flights for April & May by keeping an eye on the routes, daily.

Ryanair appear to be concentrating on February & March at the moment. They have announced that their winter sales are sluggish.

Their summer sale in my opinion is not really a sale at all, just an attempt to get the cash in from the unwary. I would expect to see prices fall further.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dublin112321

Afternoon all.

Priced Dublin - Paris flights for dates in April-€80 return (excellent price). Went to pay for these two days later and naturally they're now €180 :rolleyes:
    I've tried different devices, etc- unfortunately it just looks like the price has jumped and is here to stay! Going back through my emails I noticed that Aer Lingus launched a sale for April flights to Europe in February last year. Would I be better to pay now or wait for the sale?

I want to fly to CDG so other airlines aren't an option.

Note to self: when I see bargain flights in future JUST BOOK! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

I want to fly to CDG so other airlines aren't an option.

You could try Air France as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dublin112321

VG31 wrote: »
    You could try Air France as well.

Thank you, have tried but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭gifted

Was there really an Aer lingus sale ?? ....we tried to book flights to Lanzo for same flights we bought last year during their sale.... €480 more during this year's sale..wtf??...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mod-Note:

I was merging threads just now and our Passport thread was Not in-checked by me.
    Folks will be finding some random 'BargainAlerts' inside our Passport thread until sorted by me.

No need to go reporting the random postings.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

My OH and I have 10 days off at the end of April (from 20th) so looking to head somewhere with a bit of sun.

I am looking for a website/travel agent to get a last minute deal, even if we have to call a day or two before.

Has anyone done something like this?

Cheers.

Advertisement