Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combination guns.

Options
  • 06-02-2019 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I see the amended FCA form has a sub type box where in you mark if it's a B/A or a PUMP etc etc.
    There is also a place for a combination gun. The fact that they now include this sub type hints and the fact that it should be possible to have only one application for such a dual calibre gun and hence one licence and one fee..

Any thoughts or any personal experience with this.

As you know it's commonly reported here that such guns need two licences.

Sort of seems like an erroneous process to be honest when in truth there is only one firearm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Zxthinger wrote: »
    I see the amended FCA form has a sub type box where in you mark if it's a B/A or a PUMP etc etc.
    There is also a place for a combination gun. The fact that they now include this sub type hints and the fact that it should be possible to have only one application for such a dual calibre gun and hence one licence and one fee..

Any thoughts or any personal experience with this.

Sort of seems like an erroneous process to be honest when in truth there is only one firearm.

Since there no longer is a distinction between a shotgun and a rifle licence as there was before it should be a single licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

chap this way has a blaser combo. 2x20ga and a 30-06 i think. one licence

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Savage 20 ga /22 magnum here. One license, back in the day it was licensed as a rifle, as obviously back then a rifle lic was more expensive.

After a lengthy thread on it here a few years ago, and enquiries with the Park firearms boys, their opinion was that it is still at the discretion of the Super as to whether it needs one or two lics. As the acts never envisioned such a gun design...[They have only existed in some shape or form since the invention of rifled barrels...But anyway.]
    However, seeing that it has a tickable box these days, it must be now within their ken to do such and that such guns exist.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

chap this way has a Blaser combo. 2x20ga and a 30-06 i think. one licence

A "Drilling" then? From German "Drei" [three]. Usually a SXS with a big cal rifle barrel underneath. The most common and trad German hunting gun out there.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 14,562 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

That's been on the FCA1 for donkeys years...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Zxthinger wrote: »

The reason it was reported here as you said is simple. The law states it's one license per caliber, and firearm. Although it seems obvious, if you have a combination gun that has (example only) a 22lr and 12g barrel you need a license not only for the firearm itself but for the ammunition for each caliber which the Firearms acts says can only be sold, possessed and used by someone with the appropriate license. So if you have the gun licensed as a 22llr (or 12g) only then how do you expect the RFD to sell you ammo when you have no license for the other caliber?

If the AGS issue you with one license, but include BOTH calibers on that license then bully for you and you can now legally buy both types of ammo and possess the ONE firearm. However if they license only one of the calibers on the firearm then you are in possession of an unlicensed firearm for the one not covered by the license, and also have no way to buy ammo for the second caliber.

I'd be interested to hear from someone with an actual license for one of these firearms and what the grant letter and license says in terms of caliber. IOW does it specify both calibers?

I have a sneaking suspicion that some may find they are not actually licensed. I seen similar mistakes made on other licenses on other firearms (buckmark rifle as unrestricted, AR style as unrestricted, etc).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Witcher wrote: »
    That's been on the FCA1 for donkeys years...?

It wasn't on the original FCA form and the form is still only new.. I don't know where your getting 'donkeys years' you must be a 'young go getter' Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Cass wrote: »
    The reason it was reported here as you said is simple. The law states it's one license per caliber, and firearm. Although it seems obvious, if you have a combination gun that has (example only) a 22lr and 12g barrel you need a license not only for the firearm itself but for the ammunition for each caliber which the Firearms acts says can only be sold, possessed and used by someone with the appropriate license. So if you have the gun licensed as a 22llr (or 12g) only then how do you expect the RFD to sell you ammo when you have no license for the other caliber?

If the AGS issue you with one license, but include BOTH calibers on that license then bully for you and you can now legally buy both types of ammo and possess the ONE firearm. However if they license only one of the calibers on the firearm then you are in possession of an unlicensed firearm for the one not covered by the license, and also have no way to buy ammo for the second caliber.

I'd be interested to hear from someone with an actual license for one of these firearms and what the grant letter and license says in terms of caliber. IOW does it specify both calibers?

I have a sneaking suspicion that some may find they are not actually licensed. I seen similar mistakes made on other licenses on other firearms (buckmark rifle as unrestricted, AR style as unrestricted, etc).
    I be interested I seeing one too

THIS !

Savage 20 ga /22 magnum here. One license, back in the day it was licensed as a rifle, as obviously back then a rifle lic was more expensive.

After a lengthy thread on it here a few years ago, and enquiries with the Park firearms boys, their opinion was that it is still at the discretion of the Super as to whether it needs one or two lics. As the acts never envisioned such a gun design...

Have pointed it out to at least 3 different supers [including the issuing Super in 2006 in an interview] that this is a combo gun, and all three were happy to license it under one license.
    Ergo,Supers discretion.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for what about it being unlicensed on the shotgun part. Well,if you have pointed it out to 3 persona designata that it is incorrectly[?] licensed as far as you can see as a layman, and they accept the fact that it is such? What are you to do? :confused:

Going to look pretty stupid in court trying to hang an unlicensed firearm charge on you, when they have been issuing the license themselves for the last decade.

Ammo purchase.
    Never had any problems, have pointed it out to any dealer that it is a Combo gun, and they have sold me the ammo for it.A few mark the book combo gun. But otherwise, never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I've never handled one of those combination guns - are they unwieldy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    A "Drilling" then? From German "Drei" [three]. Usually a SXS with a big cal rifle barrel underneath. The most common and trad German hunting gun out there.

No idea tbh seen the price tag that was enough for me. But it is a sxs with a 30 something cal

.....and enquiries with the Park firearms boys, their opinion was that it is still at the discretion of the Super as to whether it needs one or two lics.[/I]
    ..........and all three were happy to license it under one license.
    Ergo,Supers discretion.
    Both above statements are wrong. Not saying you are, i'm saying the advice you were given is wrong.

An Gardaí are not legislators and cannot ignore or "overwrite" legislation.
    The law says each firearm must have a license suitable to the caliber/make of the gun. It also says to obtain ammo for said firearm the person must have the appropriate license for said ammunition.

So if a Super grants you one license for a combo gun, with only one of the calibers listed on the license then you are, legally speaking, only licensed to the caliber of one of the guns, not both. As they cannot be separated then in effect you cannot shot the gun as even being in possession of the other caliber/part of the firearm as a second firearm without a license is illegal.

To say "the Super gae it to me" is no excuse as the firearm act also states it the responsibility of the applicant to know the type of license being applied for and to apply for it. So if the Super grants a license they cannot legally grant (say a restricted license) or if they grant it in error, then it is your legal responsibility to point it out, and in the case of you saying they were happy to go along with it, (and this is extreme, refuse the license as its not "legit".
    As the acts never envisioned such a gun design...
    The act may not have mentioned it specifically by name, but by the laws above regarding licensing the caliber, firearm, and ammo it has covered all bases.

The issue is the Super not understanding it or simply not bothering. In either case s/he is covered and it is the applicant that will "suffer".
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    As above, it's no broke, but the way it's done needs addressing. Not legislatively, but on an AGS level.
    Well,if you have pointed it out to 3 persona designata that it is incorrectly[?] licensed as far as you can see as a layman, and they accept the fact that it is such? What are you to do? :confused:
    The Persona Designata status no longer applies to Supers/Chief Supers since the 2009 act.

As for what to do, well if you want to be covered, legally, you need to explain that wach caliber needs a license not only for the firearm, but for the ammo, and to issue one license is fine as long as both calibers are listed on it.

If PULSE cannot handle this unbelievably complex scenario (:rolleyes:) then it's two licenses, separately.
    Going to look pretty stupid in court trying to hang an unlicensed firearm charge on you, when they have been issuing the license themselves for the last decade.
    As above, not the Super that will be at fault, it's the applicant.

I know in a real world situation, say court, it may be dismissed, but does anyone really want it to get this far? After saying that it may take that to resolve this as with a lot of other issues.
    Ammo purchase.
    Never had any problems, have pointed it out to any dealer that it is a Combo gun, and they have sold me the ammo for it.A few mark the book combo gun. But otherwise, never had an issue.
    Again not saying you're wrong, just the act says this is illegal as you have no license for the second caliber/firearm and hence cannot buy ammo. The RFD selling it could be in more trouble for not checking the license for the caliber.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Gravelly wrote: »
    I've never handled one of those combination guns - are they unwieldy?

I have had probably every type of drilling, bergstutzen, bockdopple drilling, vierling etc.. im not going to name the different variations known to man in my hands and zeroed them with customers etc..
    For the most part im going to say 80% of them are really very heavy and unwieldy.
    They are designed more for the german type of hunting which in comparison to ireland is extremely lazy. Drive to your insulated highseat sit there for 10 hours, shoot something, drive your atv over to collect whatever you have shot, drive back to the hunting lodge and get hammered with friends hahaha.
    I wouldnt fancy carrying one all day or any amount of time.
    Some are light and nice for messing around with, but alot are not. Unless you are hunting in a situation as mentioned previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

juice1304 wrote: »
    I have had probably every type of drilling, bergstutzen, bockdopple drilling, vierling etc.. im not going to name the different variations known to man in my hands and zeroed them with customers etc..
    For the most part im going to say 80% of them are really very heavy and unwieldy.
    They are designed more for the german type of hunting which in comparison to ireland is extremely lazy. Drive to your insulated highseat sit there for 10 hours, shoot something, drive your atv over to collect whatever you have shot, drive back to the hunting lodge and get hammered with friends hahaha.
    Some are light and nice for messing around with, but alot are not. Unless you are hunting in a situation as mentioned previously.

Thanks for that. Suspected that might be the case - whatever about the shotgun part, I’d imagine you wouldn’t want to be trying to shoot the rifle offhand after hauling it to wherever the game was!

Ah its ok sometimes, it depends. There is another variation which i like its a two rifle barrels on top and usually a 20g on the bottom. They are great for driven shoots. But again you are walking there and sitting until the boar run past. And if you are draggin them out it will be to a road not far away. :D
    Some of the more modern ones are very light and feel great. But they are extremely expensive.

Proably why the Luftwaffe were issued them in WW2?:P
    The next time you have a German big game hunter in, ask them about using a Drilling for hunting big cats.EG lions, leopards, etc, and ask them how much walking is involved in 100 degree plus heat in Africa and whether they would prefer to carry a big game rifle or a drilling.:)

The clumsiness and heaviness isn't the biggest factor. It's PRICE! they are expensive guns, due to the fact the barrels all have to be hand aligned and soldered to a specific distance zero. Esp the left-hand shotgun barrel, and rifle barrel, they are zeroed for slugs and rifle. So then your ammo is also pretty specific to the gun too. Also, the trigger and firing mechanism is ultra complex, and not something you want to muck about with Still if I could only have one gun in the closet.I'd go one of these, as it is a very versatile gun.

Not so much lazy hunting as totally different to Irish conditions. It's more forest hunting for deer and boar. So your max distances will be top 100 meters if at that.
    Long range sniping, AKA Irish and UK stalking :pac: Doesn't really exist over t here,due to ground conditions of your let,you are going to a lot alot more people about your forest let than you would ever have over here on a bog or hillside.So it would be pretty dangerous to do some distance shots we consider normal here. Plus, due to the mixed bag style of shooting you get over there,a drilling makes more sense.

Both above statements are wrong. Not saying you are, i'm saying the advice you were given is wrong.

An Gardaí are not legislators and cannot ignore or "overwrite" legislation.
    The law says each firearm must have a license suitable to the caliber/make of the gun. It also says to obtain ammo for said firearm the person must have the appropriate license for said ammunition.

So if a Super grants you one license for a combo gun, with only one of the calibers listed on the license then you are, legally speaking, only licensed to the caliber of one of the guns, not both. As they cannot be separated then in effect you cannot shot the gun as even being in possession of the other caliber/part of the firearm as a second firearm without a license is illegal.

To say "the Super gae it to me" is no excuse as the firearm act also states it the responsibility of the applicant to know the type of license being applied for and to apply for it. So if the Super grants a license they cannot legally grant (say a restricted license) or if they grant it in error, then it is your legal responsibility to point it out, and in the case of you saying they were happy to go along with it, (and this is extreme, refuse the license as its not "legit".

The act may not have mentioned it specifically by name, but by the laws above regarding licensing the caliber, firearm, and ammo it has covered all bases.

The issue is the Super not understanding it or simply not bothering. In either case s/he is covered and it is the applicant that will "suffer".

As above, it's no broke, but the way it's done needs addressing. Not legislatively, but on an AGS level.

The Persona Designata status no longer applies to Supers/Chief Supers since the 2009 act.

As for what to do, well if you want to be covered, legally, you need to explain that wach caliber needs a license not only for the firearm, but for the ammo, and to issue one license is fine as long as both calibers are listed on it.

If PULSE cannot handle this unbelievably complex scenario (:rolleyes:) then it's two licenses, separately.

As above, not the Super that will be at fault, it's the applicant.

I know in a real world situation, say court, it may be dismissed, but does anyone really want it to get this far? After saying that it may take that to resolve this as with a lot of other issues.

Again not saying you're wrong, just the act says this is illegal as you have no license for the second caliber/firearm and hence cannot buy ammo. The RFD selling it could be in more trouble for not checking the license for the caliber.
    [/QUOTE]

Cass,
    Have you ever heard the expression "the law is an ass!"? It also applies to those enforcing it.I can only relate my personal experience on this, irrespective of "the law" saying otherwise.
    THEY are the people issuing the licenses. If they have been informed of this matter THREE times and in writing too, as well as having the box ticked on their renewal forms. There is nothing more I or anyone else can do!! Simple as!! End of!!

The Law might say one thing, but the people enforcing it are doing quite another on issuing the permits[in my case]. What am I to do? Go into the super's office and tell him, he has made a bollix of my license on this as did three of his predecessors?Again?And he will no doubt say."Yeah we know it is such, carry on, as far as I'm concerned its licensed properly!" And if he is unsure,he will no doubt ring the park,and talk to Insp Greene who will tell him the exact same thing he told me 5 years ago. Now,if that is incorrect law or interpertation of law,then it is an aGS problem,not ours.

I am as far as I am concerned 100% legal, and if they want to make an issue of it. I would only welcome that court case with great relish. And that's something no one would say lightly, especially me. Simply because it would be thrown out of court for utter incompetence on AGS part when they have been informed of the guns situation, and still insisted on issuing only one license for it if that is all it needs.

We can go on about what the law says until the cows come home but in the really real world, of my case here.It .is.one.single.liscense.that has been issued and accepted.I know not all gun dealers might not be utterly aufe with the law as they should be. But surely not all of them are utterly thick??

I have bought ammo, for this from Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kerry and no one has ever batted an eyelid on whether it was a problem.I have told them its a combination gun,on one liscense and everyone has said no problem at all, how much ammo do you want?

So maybe this is like the concealed carry permits in Ireland? They are out there, but according to the law they shouldn't exist but certain people still have them?
    Maybe as these guns are so uncommon it is the same thing too? But the fact that they have a box for them in the application form says that they must be aware of them and what they are?

The only way is for someone else to apply for one here, and let us know how they get on with the application as to whether their super wants one or two lics for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Cass wrote: »

When I applied for a licence for my lever action rifle, I put down that the calibre was .38 and .357. I submitted a letter why I needed both calibres, .38 for gallery and .357 for the longer range stuff. The licence came back with only .38 on it. When I queried this, I was told that there's no facility to put both calibres on a licence.

Is anybody else aware of anyone with a licence that has two calibres listed on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Is anybody else aware of anyone with a licence that has two calibres listed on it?

No, but I have a licence with no calibre on it, but which includes an authorisation to purchase ammunition for the gun.

So long as I purchase ammunition which is genuinely suitable for the gun on the licence, I am compliant. This would apply to both calibres if the gun was a combination gun.

The interesting, albeit hypothetical, question is; would this allow me to have the gun rebarrelled to a different calibre at will?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    No, but I have a licence with no calibre on it, but which includes an authorisation to purchase ammunition for the gun.

So long as I purchase ammunition which is genuinely suitable for the gun on the licence, I am compliant. This would apply to both calibres if the gun was a combination gun.

The interesting, albeit hypothetical, question is; would this allow me to have the gun rebarrelled to a different calibre at will?

Probably not, because when you applied you would have written the calibre on your application form. Therefore if you change the calibre of the gun, the info you provided when you were applying for the licence would now be incorrect - in other words a fraudulent application. That's my thinking anyway.

• Advertisement

Proably why the Luftwaffe were issued them in WW2?:P
    The next time you have a German big game hunter in, ask them about using a Drilling for hunting big cats.EG lions, leopards, etc, and ask them how much walking is involved in 100 degree plus heat in Africa and whether they would prefer to carry a big game rifle or a drilling.:)

The clumsiness and heaviness isn't the biggest factor. It's PRICE! they are expensive guns, due to the fact the barrels all have to be hand aligned and soldered to a specific distance zero. Esp the left-hand shotgun barrel, and rifle barrel, they are zeroed for slugs and rifle. So then your ammo is also pretty specific to the gun too. Also, the trigger and firing mechanism is ultra complex, and not something you want to muck about with Still if I could only have one gun in the closet.I'd go one of these, as it is a very versatile gun.

Not so much lazy hunting as totally different to Irish conditions. It's more forest hunting for deer and boar. So your max distances will be top 100 meters if at that.
    Long range sniping, AKA Irish and UK stalking :pac: Doesn't really exist over t here,due to ground conditions of your let,you are going to a lot alot more people about your forest let than you would ever have over here on a bog or hillside.So it would be pretty dangerous to do some distance shots we consider normal here. Plus, due to the mixed bag style of shooting you get over there,a drilling makes more sense.

Yes the majority are the blitz mechanism ive worked on alot and regulated barrels etc.. its a pain and that is certainly expensive. And a new drilling is expensive but you can pick up a lovely second hand one for peanuts now, we had guns that were previously listed for 16,500, 20,000 going for 1200, 2000 euro. And there were many others, you can pick up a nice drilling for about 700 quid at shows like jagd und hund. And i mean a really nice looked after drilling with an old swaro or s&b scope.
    They are no longer fashionable its all blaser, sauer, mauser now.

Mr.Flibble wrote: »

The cost involved in having a combination gun re-barreled would be astronomical. It would be cheaper to replace the gun.

There is nothing more I or anyone else can do!! Simple as!! End of!!
    Agreed based on what you said.
    The Law might say one thing, but the people enforcing it are doing quite another on issuing the permits[in my case].
    Again based on what you've said i agree, but this does not make it legal.
    What am I to do?
    No idea. Well none other than what i said above.
    Now,if that is incorrect law or interpertation of law,then it is an aGS problem,not ours.
    Nope.

ALL the onus is on the applicant. As i said above if it came down to it then you'd be at fault. How that would translate in the court room setting is anyone's guess and more than likely it'd seen in a favourable light, for you.

However i only say what i do because it should not be "spread" as being perfectly legal and fine.
    I am as far as I am concerned 100% legal,
    I have to keep repeating this, but you have done all you can, and the mistake is on the AGS end, but the applicant is at fault or responsible. Always.
    We can go on about what the law says until the cows come home but in the really real world, of my case here.It .is.one.single.liscense.that has been issued and accepted.
    You cannot dismiss the law because it cannot be enacted correctly.
    I know not all gun dealers might not be utterly aufe with the law as they should be. But surely not all of them are utterly thick??
    I wouldn't say thick, but they could be strict and not issue the ammo for the other caliber and be perfectly within their rights to do so.
    I have bought ammo, for this from Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kerry and no one has ever batted an eyelid on whether it was a problem.I have told them its a combination gun,on one liscense and everyone has said no problem at all, how much ammo do you want?
    Again i'm only saying this to be clear. If you have one license with only ONE caliber listed then the ammo for the other caliber should not be sold to you.

If your license says both calibers then you're covered. Any dealer giving ammo to someone without a license (and if you only have one caliber listed then you have one license) is no different to selling ammo to any Joe that walks in off the street with no license at all.
    So maybe this is like the concealed carry permits in Ireland? They are out there, but according to the law they shouldn't exist but certain people still have them?
    Nope.

Concealed carry is straight forward however rare, this is a administration failure.
    Maybe as these guns are so uncommon it is the same thing too? But the fact that they have a box for them in the application form says that they must be aware of them and what they are?
    They are most liekly aware of them and i have no doubt AGS would blame PULSE for any shortcomings, but it's the same system that can list a 22lr as three different calibers, listed a 12 gauge as an 18mm, etc, etc.
    The only way is for someone else to apply for one here, and let us know how they get on with the application as to whether their super wants one or two lics for it?
    I doubt it. If they're doing it wrong, according to what you say has been done with you, then there is no reason to think it'll go right "all of a sudden".

Unfortunately it'll be one of two things:
    1. A court case to resolve it after someone gets done for it
    2. A review by AGS of how they input it on PULSE.
    I can see option 1 being done first.

Take none of what i'm saying as an attack on you. I'm simply saying that the law is clear enough on this and while it's not neatly written in one line it is covered from every aspect. However the implementation of it by AGS is wrong and they won't care too much as long as the onus is always on the shoulders of the applicant to know every detail, and also to refuse a license if it's wrong.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    When I queried this, I was told that there's no facility to put both calibres on a licence.
    Did not know that.

Seems that once again PULSE is the issue. So even though AGS may know of this they continue to issue "illegal" or moot licenses.

Yet only today i received a renewal and in big bold lettering on the bottom it said "Remember it is an offence to be in possession of an unlicensed firearm"

What they should have done was added :

"Except n the cases of when we say so".

Yes the majority are the blitz mechanism ive worked on alot and regulated barrels etc.. its a pain and that is certainly expensive. And a new drilling is expensive but you can pick up a lovely second hand one for peanuts now, we had guns that were previously listed for 16,500, 20,000 going for 1200, 2000 euro. And there were many others, you can pick up a nice drilling for about 700 quid at shows like jagd und hund. And i mean a really nice looked after drilling with an old swaro or s&b scope.
    They are no longer fashionable its all blaser, sauer, mauser now.

True,my uncle picked up an old 1934[year of his birth] hammer action drilling [Hahn Drilling] for cents on the Euro a few years ago. Said he'd never have been able or willing to pay the price of one of them new. About 15/20k,and bespoke with a 2 year wait period new,and he got this for 4 k 3rd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jimclots

Would the fact that it is basically a take down rifle not alarm most supers?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The better half has a Marlin Papoose takedown .22 ,no problems liscensing.There a couple of Henry Arms AR7s out there,and you cant get more takedown that those.They did have a problem a good few years ago,as someone in the DOJ had a problem with the word "Survival"in the name.This was still in the "Idontlikedelookodatnow clause" era,and has been sorted since I belive.

Advertisement