Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leitrim GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭roosky

Am here.....already planning the trip to Croke Park for the final.....would be a little fearful of Derrys greater pedigree but in a one off game anything is possible.

Thank god we have two shots at them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

RMAOK wrote: »
    I was referring to a small enough county (both in geographical and population terms) advancing out of division 4. Nothing to do with playing style tbh.

It was meant a bit tongue in cheek:D

Relative to population, Carlow Leitrim and Longford are fighting above their weight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It was meant a bit tongue in cheek:D

Relative to population, Carlow Leitrim and Longford are fighting above their weight

Fair enough :D

I suppose it does also highlight some larger counties with a lot more resources that are punching well below their weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Dont compare them to Carlow.....they play a better brand of football than Carlow

They might play a better brand of football than Carlow but Carlow after 7 Div 4 group games last year scored on average 16 points per game and conceded 12 compared to Leitrim this spring after 5 games scored on average 16 points and conceded 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brandy21

They might play a better brand of football than Carlow but Carlow after 7 Div 4 group games last year scored on average 16 points per game and conceded 12 compared to Leitrim this spring after 5 games scored on average 16 points and conceded 11.

Not a huge difference in my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Well done Leitrim. Had Shannonside on the wireless while at the Roscommon/Dublin match. It was great hearing the excitement pouring out of Carrick. (But Willie Hegarty? Seriously lads. Gawd Almighty !) Don't drink the Guinness in Croker btw. It's vile. Stick to the beer or hot toddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

ProudDUB wrote: »
    But Willie Hegarty? Seriously lads. Gawd Almighty !) Don't drink the Guinness in Croker btw. It's vile. Stick to the beer or hot toddies.

Cannot stand him..

Years of 1 point loses and moral victories, so delighted for the lads and Terry, and for the hardcore supporters, roll on the 30th

Big match in Croke Park on Sat March 30th is down for 3.00 pm is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. The Div 3 & 4 finals on the Saturday are usually @ 5pm & 3pm respectively. They were last year & the year before anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

brandy21 wrote: »
    Big match in Croke Park on Sat March 30th is down for 3.00 pm is that correct?

Yes Leitrim play at 3pm. Tickets bought! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Philster wrote: »
    Yes Leitrim play at 3pm. Tickets bought! :D

Best of luck on Saturday,bring home the bacon!:D

seligehgit wrote: »
    Best of luck on Saturday,bring home the bacon!:D
    Thanks. I and the rest of my family are genuinely excited about this. Missed the semi final against Dublin in 1994 (parents wouldn't let me go :rolleyes:) but did see the minors against Tyrone in 1998.

We were in Croke Park on Saturday for the Bloody Sunday tour with some US cousins and even the girl on the counter was saying they are really looking forward to Leitrim coming up for their big day out on Saturday :):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Always_Running

For the weekend that is in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHsZOEjXfVE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I have 2 spare tickets for the Division 2 and 4 finals from a guy at work who has a Dublin season ticket. He's not using them so if anyone wants them I can email them on. Cusack Stand Section 303. First come first serve.

Edit: Tickets have been snapped up.

What do you think of the Leitrim picked today, big call on the goalkeeper position?

brandy21 wrote: »
    What do you think of the Leitrim picked today, big call on the goalkeeper position?
    Is that the same McCrann than played full forward on the Leitrim Connacht Junior winning team of two years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Lofidelity

5 lower Cusack, section 303 row RR for sale. €15 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Good luck to the neighbours today!

Hard luck to Leitrim, can hold their heads up high with that competitive performance in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Leitrim yesterday despite the end result,kinda knew the writing was on the wall at halftime,as Leitrim had eight wides in first half,3 or 4 of which should have being scores as lads shot unmarked when they could have moved in closer to goal before shooting.
    The class of Derrys Slaughtneil contingent shone through in the second half.Leitrim can be rightly proud of their efforts as of the three Football finals played over the weekend imo they were in the best game.

• Advertisement

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Leitrim yesterday despite the end result,kinda knew the writing was on the wall at halftime,as Leitrim had eight wides in first half,3 or 4 of which should have being scores as lads shot unmarked when they could have moved in closer to goal before shooting.
    The class of Derrys Slaughtneil contingent shone through in the second half.Leitrim can be rightly proud of their efforts as of the three Football finals played over the weekend imo they were in the best game.

I would agree with all that. They did the county proud and if very kickable points (frees and from play) had been scored well who knows how things might have turned out. But some of the points scored by Derry were fantastic. Things did get quite worrying at one point in the second half and a lot of us though a potential thrashing was on the cards, but they managed to get back in to the game again. Onwards and upwards for the team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Historic win for Leitrim today in qualifiers.....no one will want to get them in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭roosky

Historic win for Leitrim today in qualifiers.....no one will want to get them in the next round.

A great draw getting clare and in Carrick as well :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭blowitupref

roosky wrote: »
    A great draw getting clare and in Carrick as well :D:D:D

Div 2 v Div 4 was always going to be in Carrick. Only Tyrone,Mayo would have been a harder draw for Leitrim IMO. As i see Clare around the same level as kildare,Armagh and are better than Sligo,Limerick,Laois who are the other teams Leitrim could have drawn.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I see your hurlers snuck into the Lory Meagher Cup final again by beating Fermanagh in the last game.
    Some year for Leitrim GAA. Finals in Croke Park in both codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

Harsh lesson for the minors tonight. I know eligible players is a factor but for lads of a similar age to take that much of a hammering in a county which is predominately football. In the seniors is there any team named for the clare game yet? Heard on the RTÉ GAA podcast that 8 have left the panel - hadn't heard that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Galway and Mayo have huge picks at minor, so much so they can pick two 35 man panels usually stronger than what the other three counties can with one at under 16 in Ted Webb Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Are ye still all hung over in Leitrim?? No mention of Lory Meagher win yet!

Cracking All-Ireland win in Croke Park on Saturday. Well done lads

From your neighbours in Sligo (and we're still celebrating our win too!)

It's hard work being a hurling man in this neck of the woods when you're up against tradition but days like Saturday make it all worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Patchin

Time to this forum up and running again.how are we set for sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Patchin wrote: »
    Time to this forum up and running again.how are we set for sunday

You're not able to host a home game for one thing, Elphin welcomes you all lads ðŸ˜

Advertisement