Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Erik : Friday 8th February 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wind definitely picking up here in Dublin 10. Looking at the charts, another 2 or 3 before they pick up, so that'll be interesting later!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭coillsaille

I just lost some fascia. In Conamara, house is on a hill facing out on Galway Bay about 1km from the shore. Been built just over 6 years now and this is the first bit of wind damage. It's very rough here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

antodeco wrote: »
    Wind definitely picking up here in Dublin 10. Looking at the charts, another 2 or 3 before they pick up, so that'll be interesting later!

Its to get worse later??!!
    Ahh for the love of..............

Always friday night too, always, l leave bins out Friday night for 6am collection Saturday morning, always blowing over. Sooooooo annoying. Sat - Thurs no wind at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Always friday night too, always, l leave bins out Friday night for 6am collection Saturday morning, always blowing over. Sooooooo annoying. Sat - Thurs no wind at all

Dublin airport forecasting gusts up to 50 knots between midnight and 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I think we have to remember that in terms of population distribution, 'the east' is far more condensed than the west, so this forum is always going to have an east coast bias. For example, if a single clap of thunder is heard over Dublin, we get about 10 pages telling us about it. Just the way it is.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Lol, so go easy on the porter tonight or you will be looking out the window from the sound of the bin men leaving the estate, cursing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Its wild enough in east Galway now !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

just got a lot wilder all of a sudden in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

km79 wrote: »
    Its wild enough in east Galway now !

No let up at all today really, seems stronger than earlier. I had to go out and pick up the wheelie bins, and they are quite sheltered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A wild, wild night in West Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Getting up around 70 km/h here near Tralee

rafales_uk_wed6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm. Stormy in the west now.

Knock airport gusting 60 knots
    Mace head gusting 60 knots
    Sherkin gusting 58 knots
    Newport gusting 53 knots
    Belmullet gusting 50 knots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Wow gone very wild again in west Galway. I did not expect that. Howling outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Severe gusts now again here in Coastal Donegal, sounds so much worse with the rain battering the window
    I think its the worst storm of the season here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wind getting serious here now. Howling and wild outside atm ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Now its battering hailstones against the window, even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

calmed down again in Cork City. Dont think we will get anything constant, just strong random gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭pauldry

Heard a crash outside of something blowing down. Hope its not the effing basketball hoop i drilled into the wall for my son. Took so long. Get lost Erik.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭coillsaille

pauldry wrote: »
    Heard a crash outside of something blowing down. Hope its not the effing basketball hoop i drilled into the wall for my son. Took so long. Get lost Erik.

My crash turned out to be aluminium fascia being flung against my car..

and hers...

No let up at all today really, seems stronger than earlier. I had to go out and pick up the wheelie bins, and they are quite sheltered.
    Not getting the same level of gust speeds as this morning, which came more in intermittent waves, but the wind does seem more consistent and 'boisterous' tonight.

New Moon

• Advertisement

Erik shoving his weight around. My worst nightmare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Monkeynut wrote: »
    Erik shoving his weight around. My worst nightmare!!!

:eek: Brown trousers time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

gozunda wrote: »
    :eek: Brown trousers time ...

I love a rough landing!!! Chances of an actual crash are extremely low so I just enjoy the roller coaster ride. I love turbulence as well :)

highdef wrote: »
    I love a rough landing!!! Chances of an actual crash are extremely low so I just enjoy the roller coaster ride. I love turbulence as well :)

I don't know if i would rather be dead or walk slowly off the plane in the queue with all the brown in my pants.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big squally hail / rain shower going through here near Tralee. Occluded front making its way into the NW

iMo43r7.png?1

jVZ7REt.jpg

QnqgGwW.gif

rafales_uk_krf8.png

Big squally hail / rain shower going through here near Tralee. Occluded front making its way into the NW

QnqgGwW.gif

I'm uneducated when it comes to this but would like to ask a question!
    Is France and n/e of France getting high strong wind speeds from this too(outer bounds) by looking at the charts.

Pangea wrote: »
    Now its battering hailstones against the window, even worse better!
    Corrected :)

New Moon

Looking around the various models tonight and ICON Flash seems the most in tune with the recorded wind speeds so far.

AQ8uXiy.png

mPlwWMo.png

4XB4DUv.png

AIYmktp.png

WEam7Ex.png

WEam7Ex.png

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭tiegan

I don't know if i would rather be dead or walk slowly off the plane in the queue with all the brown in my pants.

DEAD - its a no brainer for me

• Advertisement

I'm uneducated when it comes to this but would like to ask a question!
    Is France and n/e of France getting high strong wind speeds from this too(outer bounds) by looking at the charts.

Not too windy but more breezy I would think but there is a fairly strong Jet over France atm causing some shear.

rafales_lqv9.png

arpege-9-5-0_bru4.png

yJJMqLQ.png

Advertisement