Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bubbles46

The old scheme only requested 6 months of current account statements, that may have caused confusion.
    Ok thanks. Ive come to learn that every county council will accept different things for this. Example the checklist says original bank statements but when i rang my local council,she said E-Statements will suffice. A year seems excessive but i guess id better get back to my desktop then!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Just got a call from SDCC saying the credit committee wont be sitting until August because they have not got their allocated funding from the government and wont until then.

Does anybody know if this is because the government has gone on their rediculously long and overpaid holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Peanut99

redmond08 wrote: »
    I've been waiting nearly 14 weeks for a response back, very disheartening hearing people getting word back within 7 weeks. Has anyone waited longer then this? I rang today and said it could be another 2 weeks before I hear back!

I have been waiting 15 weeks and still no word. Incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

LK1988 wrote: »
    Just got a call from SDCC saying the credit committee wont be sitting until August because they have not got their allocated funding from the government and wont until then.

Does anybody know if this is because the government has gone on their rediculously long and overpaid holiday?

Is this the same with all councils?

Peanut99 wrote: »
    I have been waiting 15 weeks and still no word. Incredibly frustrating.

What council is this with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Has anyone gotten as far as sale agreed or even purchased a property through this scheme? Did you get a bill from the Councils solicitor after going sale agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Has anyone gotten as far as sale agreed or even purchased a property through this scheme? Did you get a bill from the Councils solicitor after going sale agreed?

Why would you get a bill from the council's solicitor? you get a a bill from your solicitor not theirs.

SNNUS wrote: »
    Why would you get a bill from the council's solicitor? you get a a bill from your solicitor not theirs.

You will have to ask the council's solicitor who just sent me a €1,500 bill for professional fees and outlays (Land Reg Fees for Deeds of Transfer and Mortgage). I have queried this through my solicitor, but I was asking here as I can't find anything in my paperwork or online about being liable for the council's solicitor fees, not to mention, my solicitor has already quoted me for the same outlays.

You will have to ask the council's solicitor who just sent me a €1,500 bill for professional fees and outlays (Land Reg Fees for Deeds of Transfer and Mortgage). I have queried this through my solicitor, but I was asking here as I can't find anything in my paperwork or online about being liable for the council's solicitor fees, not to mention, my solicitor has already quoted me for the same outlays.

That's crazy, they cannot send you a bill for that as it is your solicitor who does that for you.

They are basically sending you a bill for a service you never requested from them. The councils solicitor is just that- the councils!.

Your solicitor should sort this ASAP, as if you did not have enough things to worry about..

That’s crazy if we are liable for that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

When people mention their council could you mention which one please, or roughly what part of the country? Just to give others a rough idea of what to expect or whatever. Ta.

raheny red wrote: »
    When people mention their council could you mention which one please, or roughly what part of the country? Just to give others a rough idea of what to expect or whatever. Ta.

Meath County Council for me. I can't find anything in the paperwork or online that says I'm supposed to be liable for this, so that's why I asked here.

Meath County Council for me. I can't find anything in the paperwork or online that says I'm supposed to be liable for this, so that's why I asked here.

Will you let us know when you find out? Was this on drawdown?

Will you let us know when you find out? Was this on drawdown?

Will do.
    The bill was with the paperwork for receiving the mortgage sent to my solicitors and then forwarded it to me, but I am still renegotiating based on the surveyors report.

When I contacted my County Council in the beginning to arrange to submit my application form, they informed me that I would be liable for the Council’s legal costs also. My solicitor informed me that if the Council’s solicitor is registering the mortgage and charging the Land Registry fee, then my solicitor will not need to do it and so I would not be paying the Land Registry fees to my solicitor. So the only extra cost to me should be the Council’s solicitor’s professional fee.

When I contacted my County Council in the beginning to arrange to submit my application form, they informed me that I would be liable for the Council’s legal costs also. My solicitor informed me that if the Council’s solicitor is registering the mortgage and charging the Land Registry fee, then my solicitor will not need to do it and so I would not be paying the Land Registry fees to my solicitor. So the only extra cost to me should be the Council’s solicitor’s professional fee.

This is crazy and outrageous to pay for 2 solicitors, I have not been advised about this!

I was never told I would be liable for the councils solicitors fees at all. Even if I only pay for the registering once, paying two solicitors fees is an extra €680 (at least) that I don't really haver to waste.

I agree it is outrageous, especially when there is no mention of it on the RI website. When I contacted my Co Co initially, I seemed to know more about the RI Home Loan Scheme than they did and I was by no means an expert. The Co Co I applied to is in Connacht but I’d rather not say where specifically. I feel my Co Co are treating my RI application like the old Council home loans. Maybe someone here knows if you took out a Council home loan prior to the RI Scheme, were you liable to pay for the Council’s legal fees?

I was never told I would be liable for the councils solicitors fees at all. Even if I only pay for the registering once, paying two solicitors fees is an extra €680 (at least) that I don't really haver to waste.

Yep I have not budgeted for this either :(

It might not be the case with all Co Co’s. I also had to go for an interview after my application came back from the Housing Agency and I think I have seen only one other person mention this interview. The interview was basically going through everything I submitted with my application again and they mentioned about the mandatory MPI and again mentioned the Council’s solicitors fees. It is very frustrating that not all Co Co’s seem to be implementing the Scheme in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

I agree it is outrageous, especially when there is no mention of it on the RI website. When I contacted my Co Co initially, I seemed to know more about the RI Home Loan Scheme than they did and I was by no means an expert. The Co Co I applied to is in Connacht but I’d rather not say where specifically. I feel my Co Co are treating my RI application like the old Council home loans. Maybe someone here knows if you took out a Council home loan prior to the RI Scheme, were you liable to pay for the Council’s legal fees?

Again maybe it is different from council to council but I got a council mortgage in munster nearly 3 years ago now on the old scheme and was not liable for council solicitor fees. They were definitely involved as everything took longer than normal due to the involvement of 3 separate solicitors (my own, the vendors and the council's) but I was never invoiced for any work they did, presumably as they were working on behalf of the council and I never engaged their services. I would definitely query it as it doesn't seem legit at all to be charged when you don't engage them.

Many thanks for your reply coffeyt.

If my application gets approved, it is definitely something I am going to query.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

I've googled valuers, and cant find any in Cork. Do estate agents provide this service? Anyone recommend someone in Cork who could carry out the inspection? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

VW08 wrote: »
    I've googled valuers, and cant find any in Cork. Do estate agents provide this service? Anyone recommend someone in Cork who could carry out the inspection? Thanks

Estate agents, just choose any one that isn't involved in the purchase already. Shop around for the cheapest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tomekJ

Apologies if this was asked before. What is the easiest way in peoples experience to get refusal letters from two banks. Would it be acceptable if I apply for instance €250k to two banks get rejected and then look for less from Co Co?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

tomekJ wrote: »
    Apologies if this was asked before. What is the easiest way in peoples experience to get refusal letters from two banks. Would it be acceptable if I apply for instance €250k to two banks get rejected and then look for less from Co Co?

AIB have an online approval in principal letter you can use, BOI sent us a letter of rejection ,no figures on it but this was accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

AIB have an online approval in principal letter you can use, BOI sent us a letter of rejection ,no figures on it but this was accepted

and in order to get this letter from BOI did you have to go to the branch with full paperwork or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

and in order to get this letter from BOI did you have to go to the branch with full paperwork or?

No I just phoned their mortgage department and went through the application process , they asked did I want a letter of rejection , the chap I spoke to was sound and kinda knew what I was trying to get at and he pretty much put the words in my mouth ha.....Letter arrived about 5 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

No I just phoned their mortgage department and went through the application process , they asked did I want a letter of rejection , the chap I spoke to was sound and kinda knew what I was trying to get at and he pretty much put the words in my mouth ha.....Letter arrived about 5 days later

BOI for we were the easiest to deal with. The rest all wanted me to formally apply.

• Advertisement

Any update on this, are you liable for their fees?

Advertisement