Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks,

And congrats on getting passed on your mortgage
    You can photocopy

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sammylok1977

bri007 wrote: »
    Thanks,

And congrats on getting passed on your mortgage
    You can photocopy
    Thank you and best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Hello SNNUS I got my loan approval today almost 7 weeks waiting with DCC.

That’s fantastic news, Sammylok! Congrats & happy house hunting :-)

Lolle06 wrote: »

That’s fantastic news, Sammylok! Congrats & happy house hunting :-)
    Thank you soooo much!! Hopefully I will get house soon xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Not yet , may I ask which form I have to sign and send back to council? I have 3 form but I haven't find any property yet !! What about yourself? Did you find anything?

Not sure which form you are referring to, When I got approved I got a letter of approval and had to reply in writing to accept offer.

My house is about a month off completion so have done a lot of the paperwork legwork already if you need any advice :)

• Advertisement

SNNUS wrote: »
    Not yet , may I ask which form I have to sign and send back to council? I have 3 form but I haven't find any property yet !! What about yourself? Did you find anything?

Not sure which form you are referring to, When I got approved I got a letter of approval and had to reply in writing to accept offer.

My house is about a month off completion so have done a lot of the paperwork legwork already if you need any advice :)
    I have checked it so I going to sign and post!! Congratulations to you new house very happy for you !! I would love to have your legal advice, hopefully I will get the property soon!! Thank you in advance:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

Was it 7 weeks from when you handed your application into the council? Or 7 weeks after the council said your application was submitted to the underwriters?

Was it 7 weeks from when you handed your application into the council? Or 7 weeks after the council said your application was submitted to the underwriters?
    I received a letter of loan approval

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bubbles46

I almost have all paperwork ready for my application. 2 things I need help with-The form I need to get signed by the Revenue Commissioners-Do I have to bring in the entire application with me or just that page and anything else beside I.D?And also in the 'For those renting' section it says you have to show a rent book or proof of payment,wont my 6 mths bank statements suffice or do I need a seperate letter from my landlord to say I have paid on time every month?Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

bubbles46 wrote:
    I almost have all paperwork ready for my application. 2 things I need help with-The form I need to get signed by the Revenue Commissioners-Do I have to bring in the entire application with me or just that page and anything else beside I.D?And also in the 'For those renting' section it says you have to show a rent book or proof of payment,wont my 6 mths bank statements suffice or do I need a seperate letter from my landlord to say I have paid on time every month?Thanks.

We just highlighted out rent payments on our bank statements.... I posted my hpl1 form into the council and they sent it back complete, so I don't think you'll even need ID , best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

question for guys that applied to the scheme.

Is insufficient funds sanction enough or does it have to include decline for a higher amount.

Say if we would qualify for 280k from this scheme, but we were approved by the banks for cca 200.

Are tease AIP's fro 200k enough?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Is insufficient funds sanction enough or does it have to include decline for a higher amount.

Say if we would qualify for 280k from this scheme, but we were approved by the banks for cca 200.

Thank you

We submitted an online approval in principle from AIB that had the amount we were approved for and we made sure the second letter from the 2nd bank stated that we were not eligible for 288k because it was outside the lending criteria.

I read on this form somewhere that people used the online calculators and just printed them off with the AIP amount on them and that was enough?

That's what we are doing, not sure if this is correct or not.

Thank you

I read on this form somewhere that people used the online calculators and just printed them off with the AIP amount on them and that was enough?

That's what we are doing, not sure if this is correct or not.

I would call the council to double check that. I saw that on here too and rang SDCC and they said no.

Yeah I got different answers from the chat option on rebuild ireland web site each time I asked about that, some of the criteria they state is different when you eventually apply for it and get assessed!

Does apply for many AIP directly to the banks and filling out applications go against our credit rating if they refuse us totally?
    LK1988 wrote: »
    I would call the council to double check that. I saw that on here too and rang SDCC and they said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

We submitted an online approval in principle from AIB that had the amount we were approved for and we made sure the second letter from the 2nd bank stated that we were not eligible for 288k because it was outside the lending criteria.

we have AIP from AIB also from online application.
    which other lender did you go with and how long did it took?

Yeah I got different answers from the chat option on rebuild ireland web site each time I asked about that, some of the criteria they state is different when you eventually apply for it and get assessed!

Does apply for many AIP directly to the banks and filling out applications go against our credit rating if they refuse us totally?

No you dont actually go through the process of application with them. You just needed a headed letter from them to say you were eligible for x amount with them due to the lending criteria. I would make appointments with two different mortgage advisors and ask them can they help.

Rebuilding ireland helpline is ironically not helpful because its down to the council.

Thanks for the info.

Did you tell the banks it was for the rebuilding ireland scheme? I asked bank of Ireland if they would provide a letter and and they said no and I need to make a full application.
    No you dont actually go through the process of application with them. You just needed a headed letter from them to say you were eligible for x amount with them due to the lending criteria. I would make appointments with two different mortgage advisors and ask them can they help.

Rebuilding ireland helpline is ironically not helpful because its down to the council.

Thanks for the info.

Did you tell the banks it was for the rebuilding ireland scheme? I asked bank of Ireland if they would provide a letter and and they said no and I need to make a full application.

We went into permanent tsb and asked for the 288k and then she felt bad saying no to us so gave us the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Does anyone know what the waiting time is for applications at the minute?

• Advertisement

I rang my local authority in Limerick to ask a general question and she said that after I hand in my application,it will take 4-6 weeks at least to be called for an interview. This is the first time Im hearing of an interview. To anyone who has done this,what happened in this interview,I assume they just go through the form again to double check facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

I've been waiting nearly 14 weeks for a response back, very disheartening hearing people getting word back within 7 weeks. Has anyone waited longer then this? I rang today and said it could be another 2 weeks before I hear back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I have never heard of an interview either. I got told we were declined as there was a judgement out against me (It was some one else with the same name) I got a letter from my solicitor saying it wasnt me. We applied five weeks ago and I think its still at underwriter stage so another good few weeks left I think.
    Would love to know how it works will each mortgage stage be drawn down from the council, I wonder is there much of a delay after approval if we are approved

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭klub44

Do you have to state how much do you want to borrow? Or you can apply for maximum possible amount from cc?

klub44 wrote: »
    Do you have to state how much do you want to borrow? Or you can apply for maximum possible amount from cc?

When we met with the council they did their sums and told us to the figure to apply for, so I would leave blank until you chat to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭klub44

When we met with the council they did their sums and told us to the figure to apply for, so I would leave blank until you chat to them.

I have two applications aproved from banks, but thats not enough to buy anything on the market, so I'm worry that my aplication will be refused if I will leave a blank space. Does every person who applies has to meet with council rep?

klub44 wrote: »
    I have two applications aproved from banks, but thats not enough to buy anything on the market, so I'm worry that my aplication will be refused if I will leave a blank space. Does every person who applies has to meet with council rep?

Well you don't have to meet them , but I would recommend it, they basically make sure your application is in order so your not wasting time applying if your missing anything, 2 of the 3 we met were very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

redmond08 wrote: »
    I've been waiting nearly 14 weeks for a response back, very disheartening hearing people getting word back within 7 weeks. Has anyone waited longer then this? I rang today and said it could be another 2 weeks before I hear back!

That's awful, more than double the wait of anyone else, your county council are a disgrace.

I know the checklist says 12 months bank statements are required but I saw somewhere that some people submitted 6 months(which is what banks require)and there wasnt an issue..Can anyone confirm or deny?!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

bubbles46 wrote: »
    I know the checklist says 12 months bank statements are required but I saw somewhere that some people submitted 6 months(which is what banks require)and there wasnt an issue..Can anyone confirm or deny?!!

The old scheme only requested 6 months of current account statements, that may have caused confusion.

Advertisement