Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

mzungu wrote: »
    Computerside.

I just heard "When Will I Be Famous?" by Bros on the ol' wireless. Could be argued that Bros were ahead of their time. Misunderstood wise sages cast adrift in the wild musical jungle of cheap synths, power ballads and crappy hair metal that made up a lot of the 1980s musical output.

Up until today, I hadn't heard that song in full since the late 80s. I was quite young then, so I really only knew the chorus. After listening to it I thought "When Will I Be Famous?" could be released today completely unchanged - and aside from the dated Stock, Aiken and Waterman-esque production - and lyrically it applies to the "everybody can be a social media star" mantra just as much to the fame seekers of the late 80s music industry. Not everybody could be famous back then due to industry gatekeepers and all that jazz. But now that anybody can take a shot at stardom it has become a more mainstream aspiration.

The lyrics apply more now than they did back then. "When Will I Be Famous?" is not so much a pop song, but a warning to us all.

Or maybe...just maybe...I let my mind wander away from me doing the hoovering and gave the lyrics a lot more thought than they deserve. :D

If you haven't already seen their documentary, seek it out. Life changing stuff:

Dv8DFqzWsAAWIB8.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-01-11-at-12.09.59.png

DvW7XRuWoAAGQs6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

They're playing The Marquee in Cork this summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

They were the first concert I went to in 1988 if I remember correctly. It was at the Point and I was 15, got right up the front. Memories, lol :). My claim to fame at the time was I was born in the same hospital as them.

I am in the kitchen, procrastinating about starting the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Outside work, dragging out going in for as long as possible :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Couchside and a bronze medal for Ireland in the track cycling - Mark Downey

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RederthanRed

Now that I believe. I'd get a gig there myself.
    Not that I can sing, but that never stopped Bros.

A bit of juggling might upstage the fookers. Or comedy.
    So a penguin is driving along and suddenly loads of steam starts shooting out of his car.
    So the penguin drives to the nearest mechanic and the mechanic says "this could take an hour to find whats wrong, go and pass some time and come back to me."
    So the penguin wanders around the town and sees an ice cream shop.
    You know yourself, penguins love ice cream....
    So the penguin buys an ice cream cone.
    But the penguin doesn't have fingers, so he gets loads of the ice cream all over his beak.
    Nevermind, he eventually waddles back to the mechanic's place.
    The mechanic looks at him and says "Ok, looks like you just blew a seal".
    The penguin replies "Ah no, that's just a bit of ice cream"

I'm in the kitchen, lappy on the counter, listening to an accoustic version of A-Ha Sun always shines and contemplating whether or not I've truly left it too late to make a Bros style come-back.
    Then again, One_Of_Shanks got the bullet and so in many ways I've already done it.

In your face Bros!!!!!!!!!!! Useless gits

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Quick bit of food before heading out to work sports & social table quiz

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Holiday time!!!!!!!!

Woohoooo!!!!!!

:D:D

Now off to pamper myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am thinking of changing career and becoming an agony aunt. I seem to be dishing out lots of relationships advice to friends and I reckon I am deadly at it.
    “Dump him/her, move on”

Couchside with *my love waiting on peetza.

*myself!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I am thinking of changing career and becoming an agony aunt. I seem to be dishing out lots of relationships advice to friends and I reckon I am deadly at it.
    “Dump him/her, move on”

:D wonder will they listen though?

Im in someone else’s house on someone else’s couch. He made me poached eggs, feckin hell bae where did ya cook them? The tumble drier?! They’re more scrambled poached

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Legs up on the desk, kicking back relaxing, hoping everyone in here is behaving themselves :cool:

Couchside with *my love waiting on peetza.

*myself!! :D

Hmmm hope you're planning sharing that poly with us ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RederthanRed

Im in someone else’s house on someone else’s couch. He made me poached eggs, feckin hell bae where did ya cook them? The tumble drier?! They’re more scrambled poached

:D

The poor fella!

Honestly, from yer first sentence there it reminded me of my Dad telling me about his Sister, my aunt. She was house sharing with a few others (feckin yonks ago, as in decades) and she saw the neighbour drive off and he had left the back window open a wee bit.
    But she (the aunt) was potless at the time so she actually crept in the window and opened his fridge and got a few bits out and started making a fry-up for herself.
    In the middle of it the neighbour's good lady arrived home.
    So the Aunt climbed back out the window.
    Poor woman came home to bacon frying on the pan and some eggs left out on the counter.
    She said she never heard anything of it after.

Anyway, If this chap cant cook eggs, don't let him fertilise them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Premature bust, I'll be Trigger Happy here, dump him. :D
    Waiting on my bro, we heading for pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen....middle chick had 4 friends over today for a play date....made cupcakes and chocolate chewy biscuits for them.....I'm eating the last of them now.......hyper from sugar I am now lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Train home. Snack box eaten. Feeling content

Couch side with wine, 250km this afternoon in heavy rain, couldn't see the road or cars in parts due to the spray, faster than the predicted time on Google maps so happy with that and a third of a tank of diesel left.. unfortunately brought back very quickly to normal life.. "we're starving mam"..it was great while it lasted lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Couch side with wine, 250km this afternoon in heavy rain, couldn't see the road or cars in parts due to the spray, faster than the predicted time on Google maps so happy with that and a third of a tank of diesel left.. unfortunately brought back very quickly to normal life.. "we're starving mam"..it was great while it lasted lol.

Tell them you're starving as well and too getting asap !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

At train station waiting to ferry sister home!

Sitting on my couch, sipping a glass of wine...all my relations have gone home...so first night I will have had the house to myself all week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Ah lads, not one person has PM'd me wanting to meet up. Don't make me stamp my feet :p

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Ah lads, not one person has PM'd me wanting to meet up. Don't make me stamp my feet :p

It's horrid timing, I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Probably all afraid of what you might send back ...lol lol

I'm sorry succu...lol lol

It's horrid timing, I tells ya!

*goes off to sulk*

:p

*goes off to sulk*

:p

Never heard that euphemism before!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Like this.... :pac::pac:

tenor.gif

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

mzungu wrote:
    Artists impression of Succubus stamping her feet coming right up....

Oh we have our very own resident artist on this thread mzungu don't you know?

She has a strong impressionist grounding to her work with subtle abstract undertones.

tenor.gif

Exactly like that, that's even my hairstyle :p

Make me one of those mzungu! :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh we have our very own resident artist on this thread mzungu don't you know?

She has a strong impressionist grounding to her work with subtle abstract undertones.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement