Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

RMAOK wrote: »
    Best county :D

Let's not get carried away now...it's no Tipperary :D

tbf it's a grand place though :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Trying to pull myself out of bed and to the gym. Don’t wanna because I feel anxious but I know that’ll go away if I go to the gym. I’m my own worst enemy sometimes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Back from a cycle. Now drinking a glass of water and having a think.

mzungu wrote: »
    Back from a cycle. Now drinking a glass of water and having a think.

Have a recovery drink, pint of milk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Having sushi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Have a recovery drink, pint of milk :)

True enough! I will be having one with lunch so that should fall within the recovery window....hopefully. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Jobs done for the day, bit of lunch now and then get ready for an afternoon with a few buddies, pints and racing, haven't met with a couple of them since Christmas as they've been working abroad so looking forward to the catch-up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

On my way into town for lunch with my mammy and my sister. My jeans are bate on to me, holy fcuk, no breathing today :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Back from a 5km run that turned into a 9km run because I was enjoying the weather so much.

Now back at desk stuffing face with sandwiches and crisps.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    My jeans are bate on to me, holy fcuk, no breathing today :D

Stop teasing you little minx....:D

• Advertisement

Stop teasing you little minx....:D

Ah CH, you know I live to tease ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking out the window rain watching

On my way into town for lunch with my mammy and my sister. My jeans are bate on to me, holy fcuk, no breathing today :D

Your jeans are wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Succubus I know what you mean that's why I love wearing my skinny jeans ;)

I'm now on official duty so I'm being very professional :D

Hate these meetings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Wohoo. On the way home from work.

Happy Friday! \o

Happy March!! o/

And, thanks to a strong breeze, and a shorter than I realised skirt, happy Flash Your Pants at Your Co-workers Day!!! \o/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wohoo. On the way home from work.

Happy Friday! \o

Happy March!! o/

And, thanks to a strong breeze, and a shorter than I realised skirt, happy Flash Your Pants at Your Co-workers Day!!! \o/

Oohhh matron 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee time!

Tea and a Tesco ring doughnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

For Succy and Auto, words from a song I once knew.

"some folks say that I'm egotistical, but I don't even know what that means, but I guess that it's something to do with the way that I fill out my skin tight blue jeans".

Just left the butchers with my T-bone, on the way home to cook it with my chips and onion rings. It's massive, can't wait to get my mouth round it. :)

Looking out the window rain watching

Your jeans are wha?

How does a Cork biy not know the word "bate"? We'll have to have a slang lesson Sephers :p

Edward M wrote: »
    Just left the butchers with my T-bone, on the way home to cook it with my chips and onion rings. It's massive, can't wait to get my mouth round it. :)

And a bone for the pup as well = win/win :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

How does a Cork biy not know the word "bate"? We'll have to have a slang lesson Sephers :p

Bate has too many wide and varied meanings
    Jeans bate on me
    I'll bate the head off you
    I'll bate it into you
    Christ I'm bate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Bate has too many wide and varied meanings
    Jeans bate on me
    I'll bate the head off you
    I'll bate it into you
    Christ I'm bate

Mastur.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside, drinking Mooju :D I feel so much better having gone to the gym, I’m glad I went. Chilling for another hour and a half before I have to head off to work for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Couchside yawning, might have to check out the inside of my eyes for 10 mins or so

Lads, I'm thinking of organising a meet up Paddy's weekend so send me a PM if ye would be interested in going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Lying on Elliots physio mat, it's in front of the couch :D
    Car is kinda fixed, they don't know what's causing it not to start but it could be a sensor. So I'll have to chance it for the drive tomorrow. Lol. I can stay in me mammys if it doesn't.
    Did a feck load of housework yesterday so I'm banjaxed today but Mr cbyrd is annoying me to go to spinning in 20 minutes. I'm still lying on the floor.
    Happy March.. Happy birthday month (I'm old enough now to apply for an extension on the birthday week). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Homeside willing myself to get ready and head out. Wish I had a bath here. It's a great way to tell yourself you're getting ready while just putting it off to fk. There's a bath in my new AirBnB home. :) Which I must pack to get to. :( But it's not far. :)

There are some birds living nearby who sound like bed springs being bounced up and down. They're at full force. The first day here, I was thinking, Jaysus, there's a couple nearby with fierce energy!

Yep. Not procrastinating. Not procrastinating at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Lads, I'm thinking of organising a meet up Paddy's weekend so send me a PM if ye would be interested in going :)

Would love to, but that would be horrific for accomodation and family time I think

Would love to, but that would be horrific for accomodation and family time I think

Well I was thinking the 15th which is a Friday evening, leaving the rest of the weekend free and accommodation is still reasonable on the Friday night.

• Advertisement

Computerside.

I just heard "When Will I Be Famous?" by Bros on the ol' wireless. Could be argued that Bros were ahead of their time. Misunderstood wise sages cast adrift in the wild musical jungle of cheap synths, power ballads and crappy hair metal that made up a lot of the 1980s musical output.

Up until today, I hadn't heard that song in full since the late 80s. I was quite young then, so I really only knew the chorus. After listening to it I thought "When Will I Be Famous?" could be released today completely unchanged - aside from the dated Stock, Aiken and Waterman-esque production - and lyrically it applies to the "everybody can be a social media star" mantra just as much to the fame seekers of the late 80s music industry. Not everybody could be famous back then due to industry gatekeepers and all that jazz. But now that anybody can take a shot at stardom it has become a more mainstream aspiration.

The lyrics apply more now than they did back then. "When Will I Be Famous?" is not so much a pop song, but a warning to us all.

Or maybe...just maybe...I let my mind wander away from me doing the hoovering and gave the lyrics a lot more thought than they deserve. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement